• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Bill Turk inneed of prayers

I had been trying to text bill for te last two days, is wife answers today, saying he's been in ICU since friday, having coded twice, but as of today he's doing alot better. Weather you beleive in the Almighty or not O'l bill good use some prayers on recovery and his wife for strenght. He's on here alot an some of you know him personaly so I feel you all should know. Ive been forming a freindship via the forum and texting but havent had the privilage to meet him in person. I told his wife he has to get better cause I owe him a beer. She said he's got no choice now. send your well wishes and prayrs please. Thank you.

Thanks Boar for posting this. I got a text from his wife last night also. Bill is a great guy with many talents. If you go to his FB page you can see many of the landscapes he has painted. He is also a musician and as we know, a hardcore angler. Speedy recovery Bill!

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Prayers sent to Bill and his family.

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN

Prayers sent to Bill and his family

Yeah shaky, ive a few of his prints. Hed paint me one in exchange for boars uktimate jerky.

Fist print if it dosent turn sideway cause of my phone is Halles bait site, look towards the bottom of the pic and theres a crossbow.

second pic is early season thin ice. And the third is unfinished the boars nest on red. It needs the boars nest yet. Not sure if its done. He was this far on it a few months ago. Keep the prayers coming guys. Thanks. full-2178-53167-20150422_162701.jpg

full-2178-53168-20150422_163146.jpg

full-2178-53169-fullsizerender.jpg

Yup they turne sideway but the last one. Dang fone. Can someone please turn these.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Prayers sent for Bill and family.

I just heard from Bill. Despite doing the code blue twice he is on the mend and ready to check all his reels for the right amount of line. It will be great to have him back on the Forums.

Bill, great to hear you are on the heal. More fishing always seems to be a good remedy.

Get well

We'll it looks like I got sucked into somebody's prop was the past few days. That is some scary sh't when you wake up two days laters and not sure which shore line you're on, pretty peaceful journey might add.

The civilian explanation is the heart started to over work to produce oxygen but just couldn't keep up, thus the stoppage and the code blues. There was no idea as to wether the heart had been damaged to so rule that out an angiogram was done and the heart is doing just fine, the major issue remains with the lungs and the COPD........damn Marlboro's sure did tast good back then......you guys remember those days.....hands so damn cold you couldn't bait your hook but you could always get the heeter lit.....funny sh't in the fact.

I have to give supreme credit here to one person here from Repiratory Therapy...Mark S, he had been coming into daily to for three days to do thetreatments. He came in Sunday approx 130p and things turned to huntunying fishing etc. something just just didn't feel right . I remember looking at him and saying Mark please help, and him Hollering Code Blue. Two days later I arrived ath the Dock. From this point on ever time I take a breath of aire I woll remember Mark S and his quivk professional reaction. Thank you my freirnds

To all of you who

Took time to send wishes, phone calls or inquiries. Your friendships can never be duplicated......we love you all.....see ya on the water,

Got sprung out at noon today, now I I just need need to make it to the boat and a backwatervbay.n nay not tomorrow though. Thanks again to each and everyone......... crazy

Good to hear you are doing better and that you make a full recovery

best wishes and good luck.

Stay Safe Good Luck

Bear55

SO Glad to have ya back aboard bill, hope alls going on the recovery. Just dam glad your ok, cant have that beer getting warm. talk to ya soon.

Haven't been on here for a while Bill... Glad to see everything is going in the right direction. I will still say a prayer for you tonight for continued healing and strength.

Thank God you were not in charge of figuring out how much extension cord was needed on the crash cart! laugh your bed would be 15' from the outlet on the wall with only 10' of cord attached!!! HA! Had to do it... the only thing is, you would be one we would not want to let get away!

Rest well my friend.

Ken

hey all thankns again for the kind words and concerns. feeling better each day. but boy it sure can knock a guy down.. stilll awfullu tired. kicked the walker so now i just flounder aroungd the house like a gut hooked eelpout.

ken i knew you couldn't let that short line go. i wasn't counting, but sure was hoping the had a extention cord attached to that cart. thnakns again guys, it means a lot crazy

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Brianf.
      I'm not there, so I can't tell exactly what's going on but it looks like a large area of open water developed in the last day with all of the heavy snow on the east side of wake em up Narrows. These two photos are from my Ring Camera facing north towards Niles Point.  You can see what happened with all of snow that fell in the last three days, though the open water could have been wind driven. Hard to say. .  
    • SkunkedAgain
      Black Bay had great ice before but a few spots near rockpiles where there were spots of open water. It looks like the weight of the snow has created a little lake in the middle of the bay.  
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...   Thanks to some cold spring weather, ice fishing continues strong for those still ice fishing.  The bite remains very good.  Most resorts have pulled their fish houses off for the year, however, some still have fish houses out and others are allowing ATV and side by sides.  Check social media or call ahead to your favorite resort for specifics. Reports this week for walleyes and saugers remain excellent.   A nice mix of jumbo perch, pike, eelpout, and an occasional crappie, tullibee or sturgeon being reported by anglers. Jigging one line and using a live minnow on the second line is the way to go.  Green, glow red, pink and gold were good colors this week.     Monster pike are on a tear!  Good number of pike, some reaching over 45 inches long, being caught using tip ups with live suckers or dead bait such as smelt and herring in 8 - 14' of water.   As always, work through a resort or outfitter for ice road conditions.  Safety first always. Fish houses are allowed on the ice through March 31st, the walleye / sauger season goes through April 14th and the pike season never ends. On the Rainy River...  The river is opened up along the Nelson Park boat ramp in Birchdale, the Frontier boat ramp and Vidas boat ramp.  This past week, much of the open water skimmed over with the single digit overnight temps.   Areas of the river have popped open again and with temps getting warmer, things are shaping up for the last stretch through the rest of the spring season, which continues through April 14th.   Very good numbers of walleyes are in the river.  Reports this week, even with fewer anglers, have been good.  When temps warm up and the sun shines, things will fire up again.   Jigs with brightly colored plastics or jigs with a frozen emerald shiner have been the desired bait on the river.  Don't overlook slow trolling crankbaits upstream as well.   Good reports of sturgeon being caught on the river as well.  Sturgeon put the feed bag on in the spring.  The bite has been very good.  Most are using a sturgeon rig with a circle hook loaded with crawlers or crawlers / frozen emerald shiners. Up at the NW Angle...  Ice fishing is winding down up at the Angle.  Walleyes, saugers, and a number of various species in the mix again this week.  The bite is still very good with good numbers of fish.  The one two punch of jigging one line and deadsticking the second line is working well.   Check with Angle resorts on transport options from Young's Bay.  Call ahead for ice road guidelines.  
    • CigarGuy
      With the drifting, kind of hard to tell for sure, but I'm guessing about a foot and still lightly snowing. Cook end!
    • PSU
      How much snow did you get on Vermilion? 
    • Mike89
      lake here refroze too...  started opening again yesterday with the wet snow and wind...  very little ice left today...
    • Hookmaster
      A friend who has a cabin between Alex and Fergus said the lake he's on refroze. He texted me a pic from March 12th when it was open and one from 23rd when it wasn't. 🤯
    • SkunkedAgain
      I don't think that there has been any ice melt in the past few weeks on Vermilion. Things looked like a record and then Mother Nature swept in again.   I'll give my revised guess of April 21st
    • leech~~
      As I get older it's really not just about sending bullets down range.  Some of it's just the workmanship of the gun and the wow factor. The other two guns I have really wanted which I'll never have now because of their price, is a 8mm Jap Nambu and 9mm German Luger.   Just thought they always looked cool!  
    • jim curlee
      I had a guy hit me with a lightly used 1969 BAR, he wanted $1650 with an older Leupold scope. More than I think they are worth, I made an offer, he declined end of story.   You know if you look at the old brochures, a grade II BAR sold for $250 in the late 60s, $1650 would be a good return on your investment.    Why would anybody want a 50 year old gun, they are heavy, have wood stocks, and blued metal.  I guess mainly to keep their gun safes glued to the floor. lol   You can probably buy a stainless rifle that you never have to clean, with a synthetic stock you never have to refinish, is as light as a feather, and for half as much money, perfect.   I'm too old for a youth gun, although I've shrunk enough that it would probably fit. lol   No Ruger 10/44s.   Jim      

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.