• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

We have a trailer that the rollers are starting to split on us and I want to get them changed out this spring. Is there any difference between smooth and ribbed wobblers? Our trailer was equipped with smooth but I cannot find them unless I go to a boat dealer and they are 3 times the price of the ribbed ones I can find online.

Thanks for any advice.

Not sure of the answer on whats different between the two types of rollers but with that big of a price difference you would think something has to be. Are the smooth ones special order and no longer made? If that's the case I would replace all of the with ribbed ones.

I had a bad keel roller on my boat and it put stress onto my other rollers and caused a bracket to break. The trailer was old and no replacement parts for the roller assemblies on my boat. I ended up converting to bunks just because the issues I had on my trailer due to one bad roller.

Do yourself the favor and do whatever it takes to prevent the problem from becoming more serious with your trailer.