• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
perry p

Father -son hunt

perry p

Hey, guys:

This will be the first season my 8yr old son and I are going to turkey hunt. We both have our tags. Since he is only eight yrs old, we will begin right on Season "A". The local conservation officer told me I will have to leave my bow at home until Season "D" since I didn't apply for the lottery. We will be hunting in NE Meeker County where there isn't as much pressure early on. My question is; is there any good hunting left by the end of April? Are the birds extremely wary by then? I am decent at calling with my box call and we have a new blind, a Primos "Club". I'm just hoping the month of May will be similar to April hunting. Any input?

DonBo

Turkeys will still be plenty active that time of year. It's often better hunting later, after the hens start to set on nests. Go get 'em. Good luck to you both.

Borch

It can be awesome then. My favorite time to hunt. Midmorning on is usually best that time of spring.

leech~~

We both have our tags.

we will begin right on Season "A".

leave my bow at home until Season "D" since I didn't apply for the lottery.

Sorry I'm confused?

Isn't season "A" a lottery season? How would you get a season "A" tag if you didn't put in for the lottery? confused

Borch

Youth tags are good for the entire season. No need to apply.

leech~~

Youth tags are good for the entire season. No need to apply.

Auu, my sons 24 now so it's been a while. Good Luck!

perry p

Thanks for the replies, Gentlemen. Best of luck to you guys as well!

perry p

full-45113-52961-bowhunter.png

My son has been looking forward to bow hunting turkeys since he was five. We purchased a Bear Apprentice III for him since it's fully adjustable. He's good to 20 yds, so we're hoping for the best!

leech~~

You are going to bring his shotgun along as well right? Just in case he gets a little "Turkey fever". Good to have a back up.

My buddy brought his kid on his first hunt at 12 years old and when he had a bird in front of him the first time. He couldn't shoot it! frown