• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Gorman Lake is about one half open. There was a boat, just a boat, sitting at the west axcess, no truck. If the wind picks up from the S.W. Gorman will probley be ice free. If the wind comes from the N.E. the axcess will be iced in/

Amazing how nature works. Last week it was 70 deg and people were still ice fishing, this week lakes are open and we get a snowstorm.

What a weird world. I can't think of too many without ice, Cannon and Tetonka aren't' completely open yet, but by the weekend they will be. Saw skim ice on the edges of some lakes that was formed from the cold overnight lows.

This probably is a better update for the metro forum, but it's borderline. Cedar by New Prague is pretty much all open. One bay still has some skim ice or floating slush, You could easily launch a boat if you wanted to. The aerator always helps this lake open up a little quicker. Also, Carls (McMahon's) lake in that same area is basically ice free. Not sure but I think they have an aerator on that one, too.

Any updates on Washington or Madison?? When do they usually put the docks in after ice out?

• 2 weeks later...

Do most of the lakes by Faribault really still have ice, or is the dnr site just not updated?

Ice is long gone! Everyone is too busy shore fishing to report that fact to the Department of Natural Rejects.

Thanks bigsam.

Probably an obvious question, but I'm housebound except for doctor appointments. I can only get my fishing fix from here and weekly reports. Disabled now with a poor chance of getting the boat wet anytime soon.

No problem! Sorry to hear about your illness, but, there are a bunch of guys on this forum that might even open a seat in their boats if you ask! I don't have a boat myself, and have met a bunch of fellas here that share the same passion about fishing that I do! Hang in there!