• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Sunglasses

Wish-I-Were-Fishn

Question

Lost my favorite sunglasses on my Florida trip. Looking to buy a "decent" pair for fishing. Not looking for the most expensive, but they need to be polarized and hold up to the riggers of fishing.

What do you guys like?

19 answers to this question

Costa! I have 2 pair and love them. Excellent for sight fishing and hold up well to the rigors of fishing. The glass lenses hold up better then the polycarbonate. Warrenty against defects and have a 50 dollar plus shipping and handling for repairs with a turn around of about a week. I crushed a pair cost 60 bucks for replacement lenses. Took a foul ball direct hit and crushed a lense but saved me from stitches and sent that pair in and they sent me a new pair for the cost of shipping 9.95. I have been very happy with them in all arenas. I have tried Maui Jims, wileyx and Bass pro glasses and none of them are comparable to the Costas for fishing IMHO.

Tunrevir~

• Thumbs Up 2

If you do some searches on here, you'll find that sunglasses have been reviewed and discussed many times. There's lots of good info

Of course, I just thought you might have a recommendation smile

I will go to Gander and try them on, then look online for a better price.

Go under the bass section on this forum. We just had a nice thread about sunglasses. As far as pricing eBay is hard to beat.

finding good deals on Costa's seem hard to come by but I won't spend a dime on anything but 580 I glass from Costa.

This is another Ford vs. Chevy/ Vexilar vs. Marcum type of question but I'm another Costa person and have been for the past 10 years. You only have one set of eye's so you just have to ask yourself how much your willing to spend on a good pair of shades. Do you want to just see "decent" in 20 years?? Spend the money, take care of them and do your eyes a favor. I don't leave the house without mine, wear them everywhere not just on the water.

Took me a while to cough up the money for a pair of Costas but glad I did. I now have 2 pair and one pair I just got back today that I sent in for repair. Accidentally broke a lens and they charged me $11.00 to fix them.

• Thumbs Up 1

I am on my second pair of sundog 22 degree sunglasses. I went with the transition lenses and the special coating they have on them. I spent 89 bucks for the last pair on sale. Best sunglasses I have ever owned.

I went out and got another pair of Costa Man-Of-Wars (?) this time with instead of the grey with blue coating lenses and clear frames, this time got a pair of amber lenses with green outside coating and black frames. awesome clarity

also to update...I sent in my costas after 2 years as I had a crack in the lens shortly after I bought them...had no effect to the view but the nose piece was going also so I sent them back to see how the "warranty" really would work.  2 weeks passed and I now have a brand new pair of Costas to replace to defective one's I sent back to them!!!  Can't say more on how I am impressed with the company and the glasses

• Thumbs Up 1

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I am on my 4th pair of Man-o-War Costa's over the past 8 years - all covered under warranty. Yes, it's a good deal.

• Thumbs Up 1

You should check out Peppers sunglasses - they are actually pretty decent for the money.  They are middle tier as far as price and and you can usually find some pretty solid deals on various sites and of course the big E by the Bay.

Costas for me too.    I got a great deal on mine from Gander when they were closing some stores a few years back.   They are by far the best sunglasses I have ever owned.  Love em.