• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Proposed snaring reg changes...

lichen fox

How do you read this?

Subp. 2. Farmland Furbearer Zone restrictions. In the Farmland Furbearer Zone,

11.2 a person may use snares as follows:

11.3 A. from April 1 to November 30 the Friday nearest October 26, a person may

11.4 not set, place, or operate any snare except as a waterset in that part of the Farmland

11.5 Furbearer Zone lying within the North Mink/Muskrat/Beaver/Otter Zone, described in

11.6 part 6234.1000, subpart 3;

11.7 B. from the Saturday nearest October 26 to March 31, a person may not set,

11.8 place, or operate any snare on public lands, including on the surface of frozen water

11.9 within public lands, on road rights-of-way, or in fence lines along road rights-of-way,

11.10 except as a waterset in that part of the Farmland Furbearer Zone lying within the North

11.11 Mink/Muskrat/Beaver/Otter Zone, described in part 6234.1000, subpart 3;

11.12 C. from April 1 to the Friday nearest October 30, a person may not set, place, or

11.13 operate any snare except as a waterset in that part of the Farmland Furbearer Zone lying

11.14 outside the North Mink/Muskrat/Beaver/Otter Zone, described in part 6234.1000, subpart 3

11.15 B. D from December 1 the Saturday nearest October 30 to March 31, a person

11.16 may not set, place, or operate any snare on public lands, including on the surface of frozen

11.17 water within public lands, on road rights-of-way, or in fence lines along road rights-of-way,

11.18 except as a waterset in that part of the Farmland Furbearer Zone lying outside the North

11.19 Mink/Muskrat/Beaver/Otter Zone, described in part 6234.1000, subpart 3.

lichen fox

Particularly, I'm reading that snares are "not" allowed on any "public" lands...except as a water set....So wouldn't this, in essence, prohibit snaring of fox-coyote-bobcats-etc...on all "public" lands in the North mink/muskrat...Zone that is part of the "Farmland" Zone ?

So snares, except as a water set, will be illegal on public lands that lie within the West Half of Kittson, Marshall, Pennington & Red Lake Counties and pretty much all of Polk counties...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• JBMasterAngler
      Well, just wrapped up my last day in Grand Marais. All the smaller, shallow lakes are locked up with ice, or will be after tonight. Lots of snow up the trail, but getting around on back roads wasn’t a problem. I stopped and fished most of the trout lakes around the gunflint and arrowhead trails...the ones that weren’t frozen over anyway. My dad didn’t see a single grouse...I saw one at the start of the arrowhead. I didn’t hear a single gunshot while I was out fishing. Saw 1 moose, 1 bear, a few deer, foxes were everywhere! And even saw a fisher run across the road. Saw just about every animal print you can think of in the snow. Still a few diving ducks around, snow buntings and crossbills everywhere. And finally seen a gray jay! Despite the cold and snow, it really wasn’t that bad out. Was a different perspective fishing all the lakes in waders, as opposed to being in a boat.   
    • Rick
      Thanks for stopping in Darren. I will always consider you a great friend. You always gave and then gave some more.   You are appreciated.
    • smurfy
      nice looking fish!!!!!!!!👍   join he hook-n- hospital group. the last 2 years 3 people i know did that, one of them me. our hospital happens to be deer river............they have a wall of hooks they've removed in the past. when i went i was patient #4 for the day with a hook!!!
    • The Chemist
      A huge shout out to Borch who gave some really good pointers on running the raps in our lake.   This fall my dad spent more days fishing from my boat and actually was begging me to go. Dont know if we will be able to do it again but made some really good memories. 
    • The Chemist
      And i did this. I wished i could learn not to have this happen. Having to go to the ER was odd with the whole covid thing.
    • The Chemist
      The last couple of months were great out on the lake. Smallies and northerns and mix in some large mouths and eyes. Fishing in 2-5fr of water.
    • The Chemist
      So as i got a Cabelas CC, I will be able to get a new locator. Currently have 2 FL-8s but want an upgrade. I basically spend the winter for Cats. Have over $500 in awards.
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...  Dress warm and catch walleyes!  Some even bring their Mr. Heater in the boat.  High temps this week in the low 40's.  The water temps are in the 30's and the walleyes are staged in many early ice areas.  Good reports on the lake with a mix of small fish, eaters and some big fish.  Consider areas on the lake such as the Lighthouse Gap, Morris Point Gap, Zippel Bay and Long Point.  Good reports in all of those areas.  Walleyes in 7 - 26' of water.  Most anglers anchored up and jigging with an emerald shiner.  Pink, gold, glow and green jigs working well.  Pike are active in bays and along shorelines.  Trolling crankbaits for some anglers is still effective, but jigging by far the chosen technique this time of year. On the Rainy River...   Anglers seeing good numbers of walleyes on electronics as well as a lot of bait.  With so many shiners in the river, catching walleyes has been tougher than normal.  The river is still low, current slow.  Best depths anywhere from 7-24'.  Most anglers are jigging with live or frozen shiners.  Pink, glow and gold combo effective.  Trolling crankbaits over flats where fish are spread still pulling some fish.  Walleyes in Four Mile Bay 10-15'.  Sturgeon anglers focusing on deeper holes with current.  A sturgeon rig with crawlers and shiners. Up at the NW Angle...   Nice walleyes being caught up at the Angle for anglers braving some colder than normal temps.  Jig and a minnow on points and areas with current all good places to start in 13'-26'.  Gold, pink, and glow colors great choices.  Some big pike being caught by walleye anglers as well as those trolling shorelines.  Pike and muskies in bays and off of rock points.  
    • Wanderer
      Same latitude as your turf but at the western end of the state yesterday.  Water temps are around 40 on the big water but the small ponds are freezing or capped already.  Birds are on the move big time including light and dark geese and swans.   Some small ponds that were partially open had a few birds on them that appeared to mostly be hooded mergs.   We had a spoony shoot with a few others mixed in. GWT and BWT (loner), gadwall, and buffleheads.  We saw blue bills and golden eyes but no shots fired on them.  3 man limit.  
    • Coleman
      Anyone been on the Chain or Big Birch within the past 3-4 days?  Just curious what the water temps are hovering around.  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.