• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Matt Johnson

Medicine Lake Results - 2/15/15

Matt Johnson

Yesterday threw some tough conditions at everyone but the teams did awesome and broke a UPL record and tied another! 349 fish were weighed in yesterday which broken an all-time record and 16 limits were weighed in which tied the all-time record! Nice work teams!

Here are a few of the results from the event on Medicine Lake...

1st Place - Lawrence Luoma/Michael Thompson (6.26 pounds)

2nd Place - Steve McConville/Matt Gisborne (6.24 pounds)

3rd Place - Steven Mathews/Juan Arellano (6.145 pounds)

4th Place - Clayton Kettering/Tyler Andrews (6.125 pounds)

5th Place - Chris Lafean/Mike Stein (6.105 pounds)

Big Fish - Steve McConville/Matt Gisborne (0.725 pound Crappie)

For a complete list of today's results and photos... Medicine Lake Results - CLICK HERE

Also check out the UPL Facebook page for more photos from the event... UPL Facebook Page - CLICK HERE

Next and final event in on Clearwater Lake!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Wanderer
      I respect your conservation minded approach but trying to TELL people not to keep those fish will just get you more of the same response you already got.  I also agree <15 inch bass are better keepers.  I keep a few myself each year and rarely keep anything over 16, preferring 12’s for the table. I’ve been a bass tournament angler in the past and have also promoted staunch C&R, much like the modern muskie culture, but have grown wiser with age.  I still target bass quite a bit just because they’re fun! On a 300 acre lake I agree a small group of anglers can and will have an impact with constant return visits to harvest large fish but the only two things you can do about it is, 1) As mentioned, lobby the DNR for protected slots, and 2) When people are happy to show you their catch, congratulate them and mention you like bass too but find the smaller sized fish much better table fare.  And maybe that you also fell releasing the mature fish keeps reproduction up to sustain a quality fishery.  And be nice about it.  Once you turn people off they’ll stop hearing you. That’s about all I have for ya.  Good luck.
    • Reid Saarela
      Bite was OK for us this weekend. Marked tons of fish but they only seemed to bite in small feeding windows due to abundance of mayfly larva down there. When they decided bite, they were inhaling our leeches though.  Rocks next to mud was best for us. Highlight of the weekend was walleye pictured below. 
    • Mike89
      I like the idea!!!👍
    • reddogdth
      Just a heads up to all.  Someone has been cutting off the Catalytic convertors on vehicles at the landings on Island Lake Reservoir.  Trucks are targeted do to the clearance and ease to get under.  They hit several vehicles on Friday morning and were trying to sell the parts at a local scrap yard by 11:30am the same day.  It cost me over $500.00 to replace this weekend.  Police where notified.
    • rodbender27
      Thank you for your opinion. I respectfully disagree with just standing by, as multiple 3lbs+ bass were shown to me in a livewell this morning coming off of a 300acre lake. Again i completely realize this is a legal choice to make, and at times selective harvest is necessary for maintaining a healthy ecosystem. Where I live in Minnesota, bass are plentiful, but fish of that calliber and bigger are not growing on trees and it takes multiple years to get to maturity. As aforementioned, i am serious about the sport aspect of bass fishing and hate to think of the idea of 10+ yr old fish being taken from lakes of such small size especially. I have personally seen the possibilities catch and release offers as myself and a buddy have caught the same 4lb fish with distinct bird/pike bite marks on 3 separate occasions just this spring/summer alone.  Again i do not mean to shame these people for being proud of catching quality fish, just want to find the best way to try to shape their thinking to take a more conservationally responsible approach to fish harvest choices. I appreciate any help i can get
    • delcecchi
      They split FM and HSO.   Turned out to be a bad decision in my opinion.   
    • delcecchi
      If I were you I would mind my own business.  Harvesting bass instead of just annoying them is perfectly legal.    You could always write a strongly worded letter to the DNR and your state legislators suggesting special regulations on those lakes that concern you or even a statewide change if you really feel that it is a problem.     
    • Horseshoe_Don
      I have 2 large anchors so movement is not a problem as long as the wind is not too heavy which causes a little rocking.    The screen was as detailed as it is in winter.    As far as fishing went.    I was marking a lot of fish but most were cats.   I only marked a couple of possible walleyes but no takers, but in fairness I was only testing and was not in my best spot and was only there about 20 minutes.    Have to try again later in some of my winter hot spots.   Don
    • Wanderer
      That’s what I’m wondering too!  Mostly how well you can actually keep your bait in your ducer cone.  For a pontoon fisher I can see some pretty cool positives for the setup!
    • Borch
      Now I've seen it all!  😁 So how'd it go?