• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Salem Ice Cabin Owners - Lift Jack Maintenance?

jjohnson5150

We've had our house for 4 years now. We love it besides the little things we've had to fix like the battery door, screen door latch, propane fume detector, front jack replacement (smashed it - my fault). It gets used a ton.

Does anyone know how often the electric jacks need to be maintained? I noticed the one on the door side doesn't move as fast as the opposite side, which makes me wonder if I should get it looked at or be maintaining it somehow.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the battery side jack is the fastest because of the shorter wires coming from the battery. I think the wire size is a bit on the small side and I believe they started using lager wire diameter now. I noticed the same thing on mine too.

I know the guy I bought mine from had issues with the fuse blowing on the one side so he bought a new motor and it still did it. Come to find out the jack leg needed to be greased. I don't know how he greased it. That could be your problem too.

• 5 years later...

My Jack's on my 2015 20' ice cabin run slow and has been blowing the 40 amp fuze when it starts to lift the house I'm having to use a floor Jack to raise and lower my house any suggestions on a repair solution?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2021 at 9:24 PM, Richard said:

My Jack's on my 2015 20' ice cabin run slow and has been blowing the 40 amp fuze when it starts to lift the house I'm having to use a floor Jack to raise and lower my house any suggestions on a repair solution?

I would take the covers off the jacks and see if all the gears are still properly greased.