• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
leech~~

Hitting Mille Lacs this Sat, with sled and porty.

leech~~

Heading up to knock off the rust for the first outing of the year this coming Sat. Will be fishing from just past sun up until around sun down. Not sure which side of the lake yet and it really doesn't matter, just need to do a good run with the sled and porty to kick off my season. Not sure if anyone will be up there that wants to give it a run with sleds but PM me if you want to meet up. Again, open to any side of the lake. Hopefully a side with a little snow to keep the hyfax lubed! wink

walleyeking19

I'll be heading up tomorrow morning with my brother and fishing till saturday! We'll be heading out on the east side out of Appeldoorns. Hopefully I can tell you a good report before you head up!

leech~~

I'll be heading up tomorrow morning with my brother and fishing till saturday! We'll be heading out on the east side out of Appeldoorns. Hopefully I can tell you a good report before you head up!

That would be great. Ice and amount of snow on top would be good as well. Thanks.

walleyeking19

Just got in for the night. We went out a little past shaws reef and had about 15 inches of ice. Got a 9" perch and a 14" walleye. I lost a big walleye at the bottom of the hole when I tried to turn her up. Snow cover was patchy. A snowmobile is doable but you gotta watch for some slick spots. We'll be out there again in the morning!

leech~~

Thanks for the report.

Hey, you could walk right next to me as fast as I will be driving on that stuff. Snow patch to snow patch, but slow beats walking! smile

leech~~

Looks like I am going to head out of Melmo and give that area a try. If anyone sees a black panther pulling a Clam voyager and a guy with a red FXR jacket on. That be me, stop by and say hey! smile

ESSGuy

I had a shack out of Fishers 10 yrs ago before they quit, had good luck on what they called 3 mile, just the 30-35 ft break out 3mi from shore in front of Fishers and Castaways.

elusivecrappiecatcher

The lake in my opinion doesn't have enough snow to keep from burning up hyfax. If you have extra idlers or ice scratchers that may help.

leech~~

Well, I ended up with about 15 eye's all from 10"-15" Inches non to bring home. Still had some fun pulling up some fish. I fished from sun up until the mini blizzard hit about 2:00 PM when the wind picked up to about 50 mph! frown

searching4slabs

Ive been meaning to get up there. Nice that theres some smaller fish out there now. Lots of people driving out? Only fished mille lacs a few times, done decent at dusk on a rock pile by miramar for eyes in the summer, do you just pick a random spot on the flats or try to find transitions for the daytime? Ive been trying to follow these navionics maps and so far this winter my luck has been better on random holes, nothing special on maps.

leech~~

Ive been meaning to get up there. Nice that theres some smaller fish out there now. Lots of people driving out? Only fished mille lacs a few times, done decent at dusk on a rock pile by miramar for eyes in the summer, do you just pick a random spot on the flats or try to find transitions for the daytime? Ive been trying to follow these navionics maps and so far this winter my luck has been better on random holes, nothing special on maps.

As much as people are not talking about Mille Lacs it sure seemed to be as many houses and traffic out on the lake that I can remember! I think I had about 16"+ inches of ice and people were driving all over. I fished as far away from the big groups that I could and I still had a few drive by's!

searching4slabs

Cool, thats a bunch of ice, especially with these dropping temps...no more walking!

Stick in Mud

Nice to hear that you had some action....bummer you didn't hook into one of the big fatties swimming around out there this year. And it's good to hear (more) reports of all the little ones in the lake. smile

little chief

Leech, you left to early! We did pretty well 430-6 seemed like once the wind picked up so did the fish for us. Only 1 keeper for us, 19.5"

leech~~

Leech, you left to early! We did pretty well 430-6 seemed like once the wind picked up so did the fish for us. Only 1 keeper for us, 19.5"

I suppose, but I was in a porty not a hard house and got tired of trying to hold her down and fish at the same time! The wind hit me on the north end like a wall. Calm one second and the next the front of my house was going up. Never-ever had a gust hit like that and it never let up. frown

little chief

We were in portys as well but it didn't seem to bad till we flipped the house to leave and then reality hit hard! The full thermal paid for itself I guess, kinda fun to fish in that weather with the heater on low and be relaxing with some tunes on catching fish. Also a good time to watch some dudes set up a hub house in that wind, got a few chuckles

leech~~

We were in portys as well but it didn't seem to bad till we flipped the house to leave and then reality hit hard! The full thermal paid for itself I guess, kinda fun to fish in that weather with the heater on low and be relaxing with some tunes on catching fish. Also a good time to watch some dudes set up a hub house in that wind, got a few chuckles

Don't know which way you setup your house? I set up my Voyager with the back to the wind. And when the big gusts came it was from the other direction which was pushing my front up and off the ice. I played with it for a while and thought what the heck, lets get out of this before it gets worse! frown

Mr_Lunker

Was up there this past Saturday all day, found some tullies and a 27 incher. full-14668-52156-image.jpg

leech~~

There ya, go Mr_Lunker! Nice fish. wink

jigginjim

looks 28" to me, whistlewink2c

DrJuice1980

looks 28" to me, whistlewink2c

lol

minniwinni91

Great to see people are catching fish! Thinking about heading out to the mud today and tomorrow. We will most likely be fishing until dark. I'm curious if anyone has a good word to say about depth or presentation for out there? We usually fish the smaller flats like boot and sliver!

Thanks and will post results!

minniwinni91

Was out on boot flat yesterday. Fished a good chunk of it at all depths. Marked the most fish out off the edge in 35ft. Slow day though only ended up with a few pout. Going to try and fish the south-end this evening. Anyone else out on the pond this weekend?

fivebelow

Was out on boot flat yesterday. Fished a good chunk of it at all depths. Marked the most fish out off the edge in 35ft. Slow day though only ended up with a few pout. Going to try and fish the south-end this evening. Anyone else out on the pond this weekend?

how's snow depth out there by the flats? are roads plowed out to the flats?

also, did you mark or catch any tullies out there?

minniwinni91

Snow is spotty like everywhere on the lake. The roads from hunters were good and plowed. No tullibee out there, for us at least. Tried the south-end this evening with little success.