• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Horrible people

monstermoose78

Quote:
Moose-Tell your wife to stop feeding the cats and they will have nothing to come back for. Otherwise some good old rat poison will take care of the problem.

A 50 gallon drum might work for cats. Could kill two birds with one stone, so to speak, and use the mice for bait..

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• leechlake

• monstermoose78

• pushbutton

• DonBo

My personal experience with bucket traps is that you need a MINIMUM of 3-4" of water in the bucket unless you plan on catch and release.

I use antifreeze or washer fluid. They don't last long in that stuff.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

I will give this new big game hunting a shot. When I was still in high school my brother and I would shoot mice from deck with our bb and pellet guns. I just need to sight it, but this wind is affecting my bb's so bad. I wonder if my wife will let me make an indoor range down stairs.

As for the cats the law is on to them now. I will wait and see what comes of it.

kentucky windage, tennessee elevation and they will be toast.

Pushbutton weigh that one it might boone and crockett measure the skull.

I am working on Eyeguy I need to find some mouse targets so I can make sure I know where to aim on them.

That one seems kind of small to me. I don't know why you guys can't let the young ones walk until they are trophy size. It would be good for the health of the herd.

Pushbutton, what is the letoff on that trap? Are you sure it is legal in this state? Also, it looks to me like you were baiting. I'd be careful posting pictures like that all over the internet.

I prefer to use traditional mouse traps. Knowing that about 1 out of 10 times you set it the thing will snap shut on your finger keeps things more interesting. But, to each his own, and as long as what you are doing is legal, I'll keep my mouth shut.

Had thought about the legal implications after posting. Know that Leechlake mentioned the limit was six in his area...never actually checked the regs in the 320 zone. As far as the baiting, just showing the bait on the internet does not mean I actually used it. Have moved on from the muzzle loader equivalent Victors..like you ...tense up and squint my eyes when trying to set and never know when it is going to fire prematurely. The Jaws are a little spendy, but worth the money, and do less damage to the meat and fur.....

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Moose, Sounds like you have a breeding pair of cats that moved into your home range.

A dog in a knitted sweater will get bullied by a cat for sure.

Dog needs more garage time and Sunday football with you and no more visits to the Doggie Spa till this is over.

That one seems kind of small to me. I don't know why you guys can't let the young ones walk until they are trophy size. It would be good for the health of the herd.
gringringrin

I need to get the RED RIDER BB GUN dialed in so I can get hunting these furious mice . I am going up the local hardware store to get a box of 5000 bb's. I better get a new SD card for the camera I think I could get a few trophies.

Don't do it! You'll shoot your eye out!

Well he is a pointing chihuahua Surface Tension. I wanted to make him in a great grouse dog, but the wife said chihuahuas don't hunt. I thought it would have great I roll up to my spot. Jump seeing I am such a tiny dude and then my monster of hunting dog jumps out with his blaze orange sweater and doggy booties. It would be a blast. I will try to get picture of him pointing.

Question on tagging where is the legal spot to put the tag. In the ear or hind leg or tail I am confused. Also can I used the nickel plated or does it have to copper plated bb's.

I'll never understand why people judge someone for an animal they shoot. I'm sure he's a meat hunter and could care less about trophy standards.

And none of you mouse hunters better even think about doing a mouse drive! Far too many are just wounded and just end up suffering.

Speaking of antlerless -- I wish guys who just shoot the young bucks would just shoot a doe mouse instead. Get more APR in place so the medium and small buck mice could grow to trophy status like this guy I got last week.

5835f045-3de3-4eef-baff-187724e345bb.jpg

If you need a fan I think I might know where you can get a free one. It has a Kansas City Royals sticker on it but the price is right.

picardicon.gif

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Speaking of antlerless -- I wish guys who just shoot the young bucks would just shoot a doe mouse instead. Get more APR in place so the medium and small buck mice could grow to trophy status like this guy I got last week.

5835f045-3de3-4eef-baff-187724e345bb.jpg

You can't eat the horns.

picardicon.gif

Come on Lmit, to my understanding the mice have not officially unionized yet. We all suspect nofishfisherman is probably a mouse sympathizer, but until proven, lets keep this thread "fair and balanced".

this might beat the egg poking thread... smile

yeah Harv, we had this post derailed to Hall of Fame status to be used for generations to come.

Here's my set up, note the two ramps and they are made of Cherry ta boot!!! I added a spare ramp in case the mice are so thick they have multiple options. I don't forget that the real part of mouse hunting is the camaraderie and being together with family and friends. My 14 year old daughter is in camp for the first year so I'm going to sit with her tonight. She's never wanted to deer hunt because she said "I could never kill a mammal." She's okay with small mammals I guess. full-2204-51389-img_3856.jpg

Maybe you can trap enough to sell and buy a matching pair of socks!

"success has many fathers and failure is an orphan." Bad socks, steep ramps, go ahead guys pick me apart with "Personal Attacks" obviously violation of the rules here. Check it out, story posted in the Mouse Photo Hunting Section:

full-2204-51415-img_3862.jpg

Great photo Leechlake!! That looks like a pair of yearlings you really need to let them grow up before killing them. If you would have gave them another 3 years you might have had a trophy for the wall. Now all you have is maybe the same about of meat off of a chicken nugget.