• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

cold weather boots?

Z7EXTERME

Might be a little overkill, but I like my 2000 gram Irish Setters. Snow Claws I think they are. I wear them ice fishing too and feet never get cold.

muck woody max are what I have and have not had a cold foot in the past 5 years owning them. Use for sitting in deer stand, shoveling, ice fishing and walking late season grouse hunting! A good sock goes a long ways also

Just ordered the Cabelas 'Inferno' 2000 g boots. Should arrive any day. Plan to hunt next weekend in Wisco with them. I will report back

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Footwear/Mens-Footwear/Mens-Hunting-Boots/Mens-Insulated-Hunting-Boots|/pc/104797980/c/104747580/sc/104826780/i/104841180/Cabelas-Inferno-2000-Pac-Boots-Camo/1217270.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse%2Fmens-insulated-hunting-boots%2F_%2FN-1102846%2FNs-CATEGORY_SEQ_104841180%3FWTz_l%3DUnknown%253Bcat104826780&WTz_l=Unknown%3Bcat104826780%3Bcat104841180

Hey Ozzie,

What are you wearing for socks, and what size boots are you wearing? I am in need of a new pair of rubber boots next fall and was looking at the Muck Woody Max. I was told to get one size bigger than what you wear to give your feet room to breathe??

I use muck woody elite. They have been great in the deer stand and are great for ice fishing as well. The are very comfortable for walking as well

Different socks for what I am doing...i wi get back to u on if I went a size bigger or not. The boots r on My feet n it's cold n windy out today!

I have a pair of lighter weight boots. Easy for walking, and not overly warm when walking. They are slightly larger, and I stick a heat pack in the nose of the boot. Keeps the toes warm while not overheating the rest of the foot. Works for me anyway.

I bought the inferno' s at cabelas a couple years ago. I really like them. They worked great this last week in frigid temps. My feet always get cold. I really like that they are warm, but are still very comfortable to walk on. Good combination of a pack boot with good ankle support like a hiker. Much needed for hiking up, down, and along the bluffs.

Ive test out my new Muck arctic pro, i think they preformed pretty well, I had a pair of smart wool sock of heavy weight on, the boots are a sizebigger than usual to accomidate thicker socks. my toes did get chilled from sitting along time but my circulation has never been good and have froze myself alot over the years and am at that point of getting older, still an awsome boot tho.