• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Cattin the Chain 2015-2017

Bring the fatheads and liver. Sucker has worked for me on ocasion, but fathead has been as good or better most of the time. You could tr a big live one on a tip up for a monster.

My opinion is meat will catch bigger fish, liver for numbers. I've seen some nice fish on suckers but probably not worth the extra cost. I'm sure a small piece of shad would work too. Maybe someday the secret bait will go public. grin

Maybe someday the secret bait will go public. grin

I put that *hit on everything! smile

Will have my frabill 1-man with custom auger mount on the back and probably dragging an otter sled on a Smitty with my clam Bigfoot. Black striker suit. Say hi if you recognize me.

Had my first outing of the year to the chain yesterday. Four of us had the best trip I have had yet. We don't get there that often, maybe 2 or 3 times each season, but I'd bet we easily caught over 70 catfish. Stopped counting after awhile. Action was fast and furious as soon as we got set up around an hour before sunrise and it stayed hot for a couple hours then died off. Size was better than we have had in the past, with quite a few 4-5 pounders being landed. Great first time on the ice for me this year.

Seems like you guys had a good outing. Which part of the chain were you fishing? How's the ice? Weather warming up this weekend but wanna get out there again.

Got a few after dark. I think I only got a dozen, all were small. Buddy Aaron scored a beast....29.75in full-26589-51861-20141214_172544.jpg

full-26589-51862-20141214_173342.jpg

Took him at least 10min on 4lb line to get it through the hole.

Wow those 30 inchers (or thereabout) are pretty rare in that system. Nice fish!

I should have come up today or yesterday, but had other things going on....oh well. I'll get up there soon. This week's refreeze will put the lock down on the ice.

I landed 41 saturday. Had to be pink/yellow during day light and had to be green glow after dark. They were moody too, lots of switching back from chicken liver to fatheads and back again. Broke off on the biggest one which would have pushed the high 20's and lost another of similar size. I woudl say average was 16"-20" with biggest landed being 25".

Caught the most near the bottom, rather than suspended up. COuldn't get as many of the suspended ones to bite. Caught a few on euro's and waxworms too, but they generally weren't interested in that.

Caught 4 walleyes on chicken liver LOL..and a perch.

SLept out there saturday night; sunday i got the total up to 50 cats, but it was pretty slow day. I bet we lost 2" of surface ice saturday night; when i folded up my BigFoot, it left behind a 2" platform showing how warm the night got.

Tons of meth holes out there, and plenty of 12" ice holes to step into.

Fun time. Maybe i'll be able to get back with my daughter sometime this winter.

Got out to Krons bay Sunday. Crazy fog. Too far to the meth hole with kids but we eventually found them. Hitting good on ref glow and fat heads pinched off. Kids had fun. 10" of ice.

Was anyone out there today? How's the lake look..thinking about heading that direction in the morning. Got all day to fish and debating on a handful of lakes to go to.

. Maybe someday the secret bait will go public. grin

My one secret bait won't go public....I hope.

Then there's X-Factor...that one, I may never reveal.

I like to take my son out for some catfishing thru the ice to get him hooked. Last time I took him crappie fishing, he was kinda bored at it because it was slow. We would like to hit the meth hole but haven't been there so if anyone that has been there can pm me and don't mind showing me where it is, I will appreciated very much so. Thank you.

How much ice are you guys sitting on?

Been finding between 7-10inches. The thaw we had this last weekend took a bit of ice away frown

Heading out there this afternoon, will give update tonight.

full-26589-51908-1218141855j.jpg

full-26589-51909-1218141855k.jpg

full-26589-51910-1218141855x.jpg

full-26589-51911-1218141947i.jpg

full-26589-51912-1218141947y.jpg full-26589-51914-24~2.jpg

Fun, fun,fun.... Action for cats picked up after dark.... Got a fewdecent ones, my bigges. Was 25in... Traderlee got a hog, at just over 30in... Wow is all I could say,it is the second biggest cat I have seen in this system, not the second longest, butsecond biggest. On top of it all, as Eric was fighting te fish he happens to mention that he has 2lb test line on this rig crazy I didn't think it was coming up the hole. That is a true beast... Way to go Traderlee !!!