• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Net Nuetrality

Uncle Bill

Well here comes Big Brother (obama) to regulate your internet.

He don't like you getting your news and such unfiltered by the government.

You are only to consume what the FCC deems appropriate.

Less freedom.

Less free market.

More government control.

“Obamacare for the Internet,” - Ted Cruz

Internet taxes coming next ??

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• delcecchi

• swamptiger

• upnorth

• LMITOUT

Well, since we now have a lame duck Congress, they will be trying to push all sorts of sneaky underhanded deals through..

Looks like someone found the dog whistle.

Dog whistle ? confused

Net/neut ??

obama campaigned on it.

Time to pay back big time donors like google, yahoo, ....

Why would anyone (including you) want unelected bureaucrats/lobbyists writing the rules ??

Well here comes Big Brother (obama) to regulate your internet.

He don't like you getting your news and such unfiltered by the government.

You are only to consume what the FCC deems appropriate.

Less freedom.

Less free market.

More government control.

“Obamacare for the Internet,” - Ted Cruz

Internet taxes coming next ??

net neutrality explained with pictures

Read that. It should help illustrate what this issue is all about.

Not that it'll change yer mind on this, I mean if it's something Obamao wants, you're not going to be very keen - that's pretty obvious.

net neutrality explained with pictures

Read that. It should help illustrate what this issue is all about.

Not that it'll change yer mind on this, I mean if it's something Obamao wants, you're not going to be very keen - that's pretty obvious.

"Big companies like AT&T, Verizon, and Comcast"...

Nah.. those are the ma and pa shops.

No mention of the anchor shops like Google, Yahoo, Microsoft pulling the net/neut wagon ?? confused

Not that it'll change yer mind on this, I mean if it's something Obamao the free market wants, you're not going to be very keen - that's pretty obvious.

Yeah, can't understand why some of us might be wary of ANYTHING this President does.

No track record of incompetence to look back on. BTW, how did the take over of Health Care go? Definitely NO reason to be concerned. crazy

I'm sure the reason behind no one trusting anything this administration does, will be attributed, by some, to be in the cards. whistle

Mike

"Net neutrality" sounds good. The problem comes with what "net neutrality" really means.

Which in this case probably means more FCC control, which is anything but neutral.

I honestly see this passing through with flying colors, simply because the general public has no idea what this truly could mean, and they certainly won't be educated on it by the media.

Ben Gazi, who?

Fast and Furious...the movie?

Who is Lois Lerner?

Think about it...

Think about it...

I have, and I've come to the conclusion that you guys have zero clue about what you are talking about.

So please proceed........

Not that it'll change yer mind on this, I mean if it's something Obamao the free market wants, you're not going to be very keen - that's pretty obvious.

the whole basis of net neutrality is open markets.

I didn't make any comment on the FCC deal... just provided some info on what net neutrality is.

Regulated by the govt or by the big monopolies? Pick your poison.

The track we're headed down with title II IMO is the best outcome...staying the course and letting ISP's drive the game, no one wins except the ISP's.

Just look at the unlimited data plans out there. Currently unlimited = hitting a cap and then throttling your speed. Who regulates that? The ISP's.

Some of you need to stop watching faux news / cnn so much and research these things for yourself.

Someone please explain how the government is going to regulate your internet by forcing ISPs to not regulate your internet?

This thread should be re-titled to "Low Information Voters"

You'll be able to keep your doctor, they said.

Your health costs will go down, they said.

The government isn't interested in controlling the internet, they said.

smirk

LIV? You got that right and is the reason why we've got a complete stooge in the White House.

I bet the Chinese are smiling ear to ear after hearing Obama (while in China, BTW) pushing for the same thing they and Russia have been doing and the US has traditionally been against.

I just got my Health Care renewal notice. Get to keep my doctor, premium stayed the same and deductable went down. So what's the problem?

I honestly see this passing through with flying colors, simply because the general public has no idea what this truly could mean, and they certainly won't be educated on it by the media.

Ben Gazi, who?

Fast and Furious...the movie?

Who is Lois Lerner?

Think about it...

I'm fairly up on things techno, and I am not sure what the implications are, other than that the FCC gets involved, which seems like a bad thing most likely.

I think we are all just pawns in their game. The game is who makes the money, the guys with the content or the guys with the pipe?

The Democrats need to hurry up and get this passed so they can figger it all out later..

Ha Ha Ha!

We're the government and we're here to help, right?

Hopefully we can get another one of Obama's goons to put it on tape that they need to make it as confusing as possible and avoid transparency at all costs so they can pass it without the "stupid American voter" figuring it out first.

the whole basis of net neutrality is open markets.

I didn't make any comment on the FCC deal... just provided some info on what net neutrality is.

Not really about open markets at all. Net Neutrality is about all traffic on the web being treated the same. What some have proposed is there are priorities on traffic from some sources and or just plain fast lanes for such traffic. And of course at a price for those willing to pay for the priority/fast lanes.

I think the concern is that the bandwidth will all be sold to the highest bidder, which could make life difficult for some, eg startups.

On the other hand we have the carriers like Verizon et al looking at all that money that Google and Netflix are making by using the cheap bandwidth, and thinking they could use some of that money.

"follow the money"

I just got my Health Care renewal notice. Get to keep my doctor, premium stayed the same and deductable went down. So what's the problem?

Your the first person that I've heard say that!! I know mine sure didn't, my family monthly premium went down slightly, but my deductible went up from 1000 to 6000. Oh and I'm able to keep my doctor, just going to cost me more. Sounds like a great trade!

Your the first person that I've heard say that!!

That's because those of us who have not been adversely affected aren’t complaining.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

The Democrats need to hurry up and get this passed so they can figger it all out later..

That wouldn't be anything new! whistle

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.

Nancy Pelosi

Ah yes, another from the "I got mine, screw the rest of ya" group.
Sounds like the NeoCon motto.You should be on board.

Not really about open markets at all. Net Neutrality is about all traffic on the web being treated the same. What some have proposed is there are priorities on traffic from some sources and or just plain fast lanes for such traffic. And of course at a price for those willing to pay for the priority/fast lanes.

Yeah, it's all a matter of perspective. It sounds evil and all to the NeoCons because their talking heads tell them so and they have no ability to think it through on their own but when the day comes that either some Liberal like Soros, Turner or even a company controlled by Muslims, The Chinese or Russians come along and buy their provider and slow down Faux News or the 700 club to a trickle and block any broadcasts from Rush while they speed up Al Jazeera and Sharpton they will suddenly see the light and be up in arms over it.

Then again if Net Neutrality is crafted and passed by the GOP and the DFL it is destined to be a total and udder failure and will end up being worse than any corrupt foreign entity could come up with on their own so maybe it's a toss up.

Ah yes, another from the "I got mine, screw the rest of ya" group.

First it was Derp.

And now it's this?

LOL laugh

Oh, boy......that's rich