• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

ACA before and after

upnorth

Just got my letter $400 a month increase starting Jan---nice. This is with a $11,600 deductible.

When this was train wreck first got passed---my coverage just from $800 a month with a $6000 deductible to $1140 (give or take a buck) within a couple months (same plan)...switched to a different plan last year $640 a month and $11,600 deductible---

Now with in a year it is going to jump $400 again.

This is truly unbelievable. I can not be the only one this is happening to...this is even worse that the doom and gloomers said it would be.

Brutal stuff. These are real world numbers. Not sustainable in the least.

You aren't the only one, I've seen it being posted on Facebook today by several. Pretty sad. I knew this is what was going to happen. I can't even say I told you so because I feel so bad for those stuck with this pile of garbage.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• delcecchi

• Uncle Bill

• swamptiger

• LMITOUT

Sure, and that's why they keep coming up with new drugs. Big financial incentive to keep those monopolies going.

You are free to take the older drugs. You probably don't need Crestor. Atorvastatin (formerly lipitor) will do just as well for most everyone, and many can go even older/cheaper than that, as an example.

On the other hand, if you have Hepatitis C.... formerly incurable, now curable, that is a different story.

Jon who? He hasn't been working with them on that legislation at all. wink

I bet very few people have been in the white house more than he has (19 times since 2011).

FRAUD.

Free to take them, but a lot of them are seldom prescribed.

Talk to your doctor. "hey doc, anything less expensive, generic I could take for this". My doctor is well versed in the alternatives, and the place he works isn't known for cheap.

Quote:
Talk to your doctor. "hey doc, anything less expensive, generic I could take for this". My doctor is well versed in the alternatives, and the place he works isn't known for cheap.

I'm not on any meds, but what generally happens is the doctors tend to prescribe whatever the drug companies happen to be pushing at the moment, and are also given financial incentives to push certain meds.

I'm not on any meds, but what generally happens is the doctors tend to prescribe whatever the drug companies happen to be pushing at the moment, and are also given financial incentives to push certain meds.

Not at Mayo, where I go. In fact it seems to be the opposite most of the time, and as a family we have more experience than I would prefer.

And these days a person has to be their own advocate.

Quote:
Not at Mayo, where I go. In fact it seems to be the opposite most of the time, and as a family we have more experience than I would prefer.

Sometimes insurance companies pay doctors to prescribe generic drugs to offset the financial incentives offered by drug companies. Maybe that's whats going on at Mayo. But either way, it adds to the overall cost. Also, some insurance companies will only pay for generic drugs, if they are available as an alternative to name brand.

Just how much do doctors get paid for prescribing new drugs? There are no reliable figures for the value of trips to golf resorts in Florida or beach resorts in Hawaii where "training" seminars are held, but the tiny state of Vermont made an effort to find out just how much its doctors received from big drug companies in cold, hard cash and restaurant meals. The Vermont Attorney General made an effort to determine the numbers in responding to a proposal for legislation in 2009.

• One psychiatrist received cash incentive payments totaling $112,000 in a single year, 2008.

• Ten doctors and nurse practitioners received payments of $50,000 or more.

• Twenty doctors and nurses received payments of $20,000 or more.

• One doctor received $15,000 in free food.

• The average cash incentive to a doctor in Vermont was $13,209.

However, 80 per cent of the payments Vermont doctors received were classified as "trade secrets," and not included in the totals. This suggests that the average incentive pay to a doctor in this small, rural state, where medical costs are relatively low, was at least $65,000 a year! There is every reason to believe that many doctors in higher-income states are paid much, much more.

http://www.steadyhealth.com/articles/Doe...You__a1621.html

As Democrats seek to distance themselves from MIT economist Jonathan Gruber by demoting him from an Obamacare “architect” to a mere adviser, The Daily Caller dug and found video from 2009 showing one prominent Democrat ascribing a different job title to the embattled professor.

“According to Gruber, who has been our guide on a lot of this, it’s somewhere in the vicinity of an $8 billion cost,” said then-Massachusetts U.S. Sen. John Kerry during an Oct. 1, 2009 Senate Finance Committee hearing to markup the health care bill.

2014-10-22T102447Z_1_LYNXNPEA9L0D5_RTROP

Frauds...

link

Watching the press trying to do damage control for the White House has been both entertaining and instructive. Watching news outlets using WH talking points claiming Gruber was just someone in the background and not an architect should remove any doubts the length the press will go to to cover for the president. It also 100% confirms what opponents of the law have been saying for the past several years.

Many of the stories coming from the press today repeating WH talking points were also, just mere months ago, also writing stories touting Gruber's expertise on the Obamacare numbers. Many times from th same journalists themselves

I have to agree with Gruber that there is a truly dumbed down majority populace that our politicians can rely on. The most concerning side of this latest in a long line of scandals is that the likes of Pelosi publically denied knowing him, and BHo tried to minimize his involvement in the ACA by saying he was not on our staff, no mention that he was paid millions of tax dollars to “help.” The juvenile and absolutely idiotic antics of this administration are going to have long term negative impacts on overall faith in government and our civil morality. Further display of such negative impacts is the rioting in Ferguson inflamed by BHo, Holder and “reverends” Jackson and Sharpton who all injected themselves into the situation in such an immature, biased, prejudicial, and knee jerk fashion. At least the thirty something percent that voted in the mid-terms obviously have severely indicted the failed policies which BHo said were certainly on the ballot.

This is going to be fun, not just ACA but the whole gov and economy are going to implode on themselves. Might take a little while but its going to happen. whistle

"And these days a person has to be their own advocate."

Wow, Someone finally gets it.

Been that way for a long time.

Shortened to something that seems to be lost on many fronts.

A person has to be their own advocate.

Most of our government could be erased if everyone followed that advice. It applies to everything in life.

I'm confused. I thought the Government had to be our advocate?

Just came back from a friend's repair shop in Hutchinson. Health ins for the employees going up 28% for the next year, deductible double.

I'm confused. I thought the Government had to be our advocate?

I knew you were confused all along.

Just came back from a friend's repair shop in Hutchinson. Health ins for the employees going up 28% for the next year, deductible double.

gov. dayton says MNSure is "Performing phenomenally" .....

Higher premiums, higher deductibles, and less choice are reasons to celebrate.

12.12.13.jpg

#ThestupidityoftheAmericanvoter. crazy