• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
JBMasterAngler

Fall Grand Marais Report (10/24-10/27)

JBMasterAngler

Got up to Grand Marais around noon on Friday, and had the boat on Trout Lake not long after. Caught 30 little rainbows. Don't let the impressive number fool you though. The lake was stocked with fingerlings several days earlier, and they were all hanging out in the same spot. So was cherry picking them since nothing was happening on the rest of the lake grin

On Saturday I braved the 30 plus MPH winds and fished Esther Lake. Good thing I wore my ice armor, because I caught a few waves to the face! In the few places I was able to find calm (relatively speaking) water, I was finding active fish. I landed 5 splake (biggest was 18 inches), lost a few others, and had countless strikes. Because of the wind though, I was only on the water a couple hours.

Sunday was the highlight of the trip. My 3 year old son tagged along and we fished Pine Trestle Lake. I didn't think for a 2nd he would catch anything, but I cast his pole out with a little green rebel frog, and let him troll with me. Sure enough, a couple minutes in he hooks into a fish! Unfortunately he lost it at the boat (was about a 14 inch splake). But not more than 5 minutes later he hooked into another fish! Mind you, I haven't had any hits yet. I net his chunky 15 inch splake! His 1st ever trout! He would go on to catch another little one, and he lost 1 or 2 others. I also caught 2, and lost several others, and had a lot of strikes.

While I was fishing, my dad went hunting. We seen a lot of grouse, but he only got 2. He drove the backroads home, and I haven't heard yet if he seen/shot any birds today.

Overall it was a fantastic weekend! Seemed like everything was on our side!

full-18303-50483-20141026_134337.jpg

Stringerless!

Nice !

JBMasterAngler

full-18303-50488-20141025_155126.jpg

full-18303-50489-20141025_133945.jpg

monstermoose78

great times JB congrats to your family and you for getting them out.

certified jumbo

Solid report. Thanks for sharing!