• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Vikes vs Fudge??

FISHINGURU

The Lions are a good team

You talking about the same Lions that just lost at home to the Kyle Orton led Bills?? grin

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FISHINGURU

• Big Dave2

• amateurfishing

• LMITOUT

Fudge?? [Re: FISHINGURU]

LABS4ME Offline

HotSpotOutdoors Pro Staff

Loc: Cottage Grove , MN USA

The Packers last year lost 2 QBs (played a practice squad QB till Flynn was resigned), their best TE, one of their top WR, and good chunk of their defense incl Matthews for a good portion of the year... Though their record didn't warrant it, they still won the division... There were not fans making excuses... Next man up was the Mantra most stated...

LoL.....the mantra imozt heard wS calling for TT's head and how bad he was because of lack of depth and selling out to rogders not to mention that entire pack nation keeps calling for dom capers head at end of every season after the pack keeps getting destroyed in playoffs.

You are correct, but unlike the Vikings at least they have some hope and some talent.

LMMFAO...the only hope they have is the hope that Calvin can get back on the field.

It's obvious that the Queenies can't have a key player or 2 out of the lineup and still be able to muster up decent play on either side of the ball. With all hands on deck (including Teddy) they play a respectable game.

It's obvious that the Queenies can't have a key player or 2 out of the lineup and still be able to muster up decent play on either side of the ball. With all hands on deck (including Teddy) they play a respectable game.

If u wanna b fair this is true for 90% of nfl, especially if one of those players is starting qb, mlb, or shutdown cornerback

Labsforme... "next man up" may have been the mantra... but when your team was down 2 QBS etc you were 0-4-1... without A Rodgers... again how does mantra mean anything other than they tried? you won the division because you were a good team when you had AR at the helm.

I am not trying to down play our poor effort vs the pack, that was horrible. But simply state that the NFL has 2-3 difference makers on each team and we did not have our best player on Off (AP) we did not have our leading tackler on Def (Greenway) not to mention our top 2 QBs and our top TE. Those are facts that no/few teams has that kind of depth to survive against a good team on the road.

Congrats on the win but the high and mighty "next man up" is B$ and you know it. Every team, DEN, NE, GB, NO and Ind is on bad hit away from being a pedestrian NFL Team and having no shot at winning the title. But with their main guy they have a shot. it is that simple.

In all fairness, NO does it with a lot of home cooking from officials when T superdome.

While you guys are correct that it is tough to be down 2-3 difference makers, that doesn't mean you should fold the tent. The Vikes were terrible last Thurs.

I also think you are a little off in the analysis of the Pack last year. Yes they were 2-5-1 last year without Rodgers but that really isn't the whole picture. Rodgers got knocked out the first series against the bears and replaced by crappy but veteran backup Seneca Wallace. They still were in that game and lost by a touchdown. The next game Seneca Wallace got bounced in the first series and replaced by practice squad call up Scott Tolzein who had never played in an NFL regular season game and the next two games they lost by a couple touchdowns each game. In the third game, Tolzein started but was replaced by Matt Flynn and they tied the Vikes. Flynn then had the helm for the next 4 games and went 2-2. The only game in that entire stretch where they weren't at least competitive was against the Lions who S-kicked them by 30. To add to that neither Wallace, Tolzein or Flynn were with the packers in training camp so their preparation was limited. They actually did ok given the circumstances and guys being thrust into the game at times when the starter went down. They also didn't have Matthews through a lot of this stretch or Randal Cobb.

Even though Ponder is a terrible QB, the Vikes staff had some time to set up a game plan that would give them a shot to be in the game. He's started NFL games and has been with them for what 3 years. If a guy can't even put together some inclination that he can play after that much time what is the GM doing besides wasting money and a roster spot. You shouldn't expect miracles but sheesh, that was ugly and embarrassing. And it's not like any of the other players brought their A-game. It was an egg laying by pretty much everybody top to bottom.

But but AP was out and our rookie QB who has never played a road game was out too.

Insert rolling eyes icon.

While you guys are correct that it is tough to be down 2-3 difference makers, that doesn't mean you should fold the tent. The Vikes were terrible last Thurs.

I also think you are a little off in the analysis of the Pack last year. Yes they were 2-5-1 last year without Rodgers but that really isn't the whole picture. Rodgers got knocked out the first series against the bears and replaced by crappy but veteran backup Seneca Wallace. They still were in that game and lost by a touchdown. The next game Seneca Wallace got bounced in the first series and replaced by practice squad call up Scott Tolzein who had never played in an NFL regular season game and the next two games they lost by a couple touchdowns each game. In the third game, Tolzein started but was replaced by Matt Flynn and they tied the Vikes. Flynn then had the helm for the next 4 games and went 2-2. The only game in that entire stretch where they weren't at least competitive was against the Lions who S-kicked them by 30. To add to that neither Wallace, Tolzein or Flynn were with the packers in training camp so their preparation was limited. They actually did ok given the circumstances and guys being thrust into the game at times when the starter went down. They also didn't have Matthews through a lot of this stretch or Randal Cobb.

Even though Ponder is a terrible QB, the Vikes staff had some time to set up a game plan that would give them a shot to be in the game. He's started NFL games and has been with them for what 3 years. If a guy can't even put together some inclination that he can play after that much time what is the GM doing besides wasting money and a roster spot. You shouldn't expect miracles but sheesh, that was ugly and embarrassing. And it's not like any of the other players brought their A-game. It was an egg laying by pretty much everybody top to bottom.

I agree with you completely, 2 notes

1. Ponder is that bad

2. Defense quit and gave up on offense after they had stopped GB 3 consecutive times. The whole team knew ponder could not muster anything.

Apparently ponder is not the best 3rd string qb in league. Sadly I doubt the team dumps him, he is a body and under very cheap contract. Hopefully he will not brring down team morale and b interesting to see if he is still in NFL this time next yeAr.

Apparently ponder is not the best 3rd string qb in league. Sadly I doubt the team dumps him, he is a body and under very cheap contract. Hopefully he will not brring down team morale and b interesting to see if he is still in NFL this time next yeAr.

The only reason he is still here is because he had a guaranteed 1.7 mil. Most people close to the team have stated there is no way they would have brought him back this year otherwise. Ponder will not play in the NFL ever again after this year.

Thats what some said about T-Money. 10 million later and...

But I agree Ponder probably could hang it up.

• 1 month later...

Really, no predictions??

Pakcers by at least 17, but they wont score 50 pts this week. Heck, they might have not even practiced for this game and are practicing to face NE next weekend. Cant wait to watch Blanton get owned by Lacey again.

This game is more important to the Packers than New England next week. It's a divisional game and therefore more important in the Packers quest to win the division / get into the playoffs. The Packers should beat the Vikings and I doubt it will be close but you need stones to predict another 50.

Favoring the Vikings are some defensive injuries for the Packers: Clay Matthews, Nick Perry, Datone Jones, Davon House (sick), and on special teams Jarrett Bush.

All the Vikings o-line needs to do is give Teddy some time and pave the road for RBs. Football games don't get much simpler than that. How realistic that is will be the question.

Pack held on against a really bad Viking team. I thought for sure the game would be over by half time.

Not sure this Packers team will be one to fear in the playoffs but at least they give their fans something to cheer for.

Turned out to be a pretty fun game to be at, 3rd row corner of the end zone.

That TE that was standing all alone in the endzone was right in front of us I couldn't believe it, looked like Rodgers wasn't going to see him because he was rolling out the other way but then just tossed it right over, no one was within 20 yards of the guy.

That play on the 5 yd line or so where Johnson dropped that ball was right in front of us, seeing it live I'd put that on Johnson, it should have been a pretty easy catch.

Some of these WR's and TE's need to learn how to catch better, Teddy needs to work on putting them in better spots but you're not going to get the perfect throw every time. NONE of our guys work back toward the ball...EVER.

That one Teddy missed early in the game a 7th grade high school QB could of made that throw. The INT he threw was pretty bad also, I can see why it's easier for taller QB's that is for sure, all the lineman are beasts.

There were almost as many Packers fans as there were Vikings fans. I wish we would of tried the onside kick it really doesn't make much sense not to. Even the Packer fans around us thought we would be trying one for sure. Oh well, I was happy it was a decent game all the way to the wire, would of been sweet to sneak out a W on them though!

Teddy looks like his bad pro day on the deep balls. He's a rookie and the line sucks, but we should see some good down field throws every once in a while.