• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Vikes vs Dirty Birds??

FISHINGURU

This is the NFL where anything can and does happen... ATL is a hit on Ryan away from being just another team without a QB... yes we have a chance but I am not picking our Vikes to win either...

Atlantas defense is the worst defense this team has seen this season. The saints D isn't that great either but they are much better in that horrid dome of theirs where they get all the calls.

I think just from the way Teddy looked last week that with a full week of prep as the starter he should be able to get some things done against this defense. The offensive line has to play better and ATL's d line SHOULDNT give them much trouble.

The Vikes d is MUCH better then last year and i think almost ALL of that is due to the scheme and coaching. We all saw the same cover 2 Leslie was teaching in action last thursday when the dirty birds put up 56 on tampa... Get a clue Leslie.

I think the vikes have a pretty good chance to win this week if they don't turn the ball over and can keep julio jones from getting deep on them repeatedly.

I had picked Atlanta at a work pool and just changed to the Vikes. Should be a fun game to watch with our "new" team....

love to be there, but I went out on a limb for the Patriots game. Of course, that was when Adrian was still playing:(

Cards just seem a little too hot right now, plus we already won our road game for the decade!

I have a good feeling about this game...Vikes by 4.

Gotta love the eternal optimists!

Your star running back is beating kids, the starting QB who wasn't even good enough to beat out Ponder last year has a broken foot, leading tackler is hurt, starting guard and tight end on an already suspect offensive line are hurt and all this on a team that won 5 games last year and you "have a good feeling"?

LOL grin

Patterson vs Hester. Old guard/new guard? Should make special teams play more interesting to watch. Hopefully Hageman gets a lot of playing time so we can see how he has progressed. And Teddy's first start of his career.

At least there are enough storylines in this game to make it more appealing for viewers.

Gotta love the eternal optimists!

Your star running back is beating kids, the starting QB who wasn't even good enough to beat out Ponder last year has a broken foot, leading tackler is hurt, starting guard and tight end on an already suspect offensive line are hurt and all this on a team that won 5 games last year and you "have a good feeling"?

LOL grin

The second cassel went down we had an upgrade at QB. Cassel sucks.

Ryan isn't that great when he's not in a dome. The vikes D is very underrated. The offense stinks, but I mean... we have one of the most electric players on the offensive side of the ball in Patterson.

Should we win? Absolutely not. Could we? Sure.

Would I bet on it? nope. I'm not stupid.

21-17 ATL. Matty ice throws 3 interceptions to help keep us in it.

I'm positive our O-line is bad

I'm positive our running game is non-existent, see above

I'm positive we ain't paying for the stadium with e-pull tabs

I'm positive I will enjoy the wild season grin

Here are a few positives for ya BigDave...

Teddy's first start...I think he brings more to the table than Cassel.

Greenway, our leading tackler, is out!! He's not a good football player and Hodges will show everyone what the future at LB will look like...fast and explosive!!

Our TE's will be just fine...Rudolph hasn't even had a 500 yd. season in his career...hope Marqueis Gray gets some time catching the ball in space.

We play at home!!

We host a 4 win team (last year) in the Falcons...

So, yeah...I'll take the Vikes by 4.

Falcons by 24.

I'd be surprised by that. While I don't expect to win, I do think we'll keep it a good bit closer than that, mostly by virtue of the defense.

While Zim's pre-game planning leave something to be desired so far (and it's early, obviously), I think his adjustments are pretty good.

Guess we'll see, hopefully it will at least be interesting.

A nice preseason and a win in week one got many people excited, but this was always supposed to be a rebuilding year. We'll have to measure progress in more ways the W-L.

So far the positives I see are:

+Zim seems to put players in a better position to be successful and develop than past coaches.

+Our defense can create a turnover from time to time.

+Teddy looks OK. I'm sure he'll have some putrid games this year, but we started building for the future last week.

+Even with all that's gone wrong through 3 weeks, we still have the same record as the Packers, with a healthy Rogers, and that has to eat Sconnie fans alive.

Here are a few positives for ya BigDave...

Teddy's first start...I think he brings more to the table than Cassel.

Greenway, our leading tackler, is out!! He's not a good football player and Hodges will show everyone what the future at LB will look like...fast and explosive!!

Our TE's will be just fine...Rudolph hasn't even had a 500 yd. season in his career...hope Marqueis Gray gets some time catching the ball in space.

We play at home!!

We host a 4 win team (last year) in the Falcons...

So, yeah...I'll take the Vikes by 4.

LOL laugh

You're starting a rookie QB on the 4th game of the season and that's a positive?

The starting linebacker is out and that's a positive?

You hope a player gets some playing time just because he is a former Gopher and that's a positive?

Negatives:

Falcons beat their opponent by 42 points last week

They beat a common opponent (Saints)

My guess is it's gonna be good with ATL coming out on top 27-24.

My wife, however, says the vikes are due, they're at home, and they have better looking uniforms. Vikes take it by the skin of their teeth 20-17.