• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Wild 2014/2015 Regular Season

Whoever did the scheduling must have been drunk. So Anaheim has played 4 games ALL of which on the road already while we have teams who have only played twice?

I dont like this much time off between games at the beginning of the season. It would be nice to have it around Christmas and just before playoffs or something, but now its hard to get guys ready.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CaptainMusky

• OnAFly

• 10,000 Casts

• Bear55

Whoever did the scheduling must have been drunk. So Anaheim has played 4 games ALL of which on the road already while we have teams who have only played twice?

I dont like this much time off between games at the beginning of the season. It would be nice to have it around Christmas and just before playoffs or something, but now its hard to get guys ready.

Scheduling is not easy. It is to minimize travel and over-night time zone changes, trying to get teams to play "in an area" as much as possible. When they go east they play more than one game in the east and same for each time zone. Supposed to save $ and minimize player fatigue.

talk about a momentum killer. This team was scorching hot coming out of the gates and the fans were loud and proud now we have to take a week off and then play 2 of the best teams in the league in their barns. ouch..

The isles are like the Kansas city Royals. You can only be so bad for so long and the law of averages and top draft picks finally catch up.

Lucky for the Isles they are in the east as they finish 11th at best in the west.....IMO... grin

Ya but you laughed when I stated they are going in the right direction with the additions they made....nice win against the NYR last night I might add....and I think Leddy even scored. laugh

Good memory .. point your way...grin

And Im still laughing... grin....not hard to turn the corner from where they have been. And yes

I follow along although somewhat stubbornly and have heard the hype in media about them.

I'll give them credit in the last 25 years no way they could have won a game being outshout so badly like the Rangers throttled them last game with with 24 shots in the 2nd period alone 47 for the game.

So yeah much improved in-spite of Snow running them into the ground during most of his tenure.

And as far as Leddy goes I expect a big regular season year from him being his contract is up. He's on the 1st line D and PP so thats going to get him some points.

But As Chicago found out its just going to be a tough road for him in Playoffs most likely.

Id love to have him as our 5 or more than likely 6th defender.....still....

grin

talk about a momentum killer. This team was scorching hot coming out of the gates and the fans were loud and proud now we have to take a week off and then play 2 of the best teams in the league in their barns. ouch..

Agree! Ducks home opener after going 3-1 on their road trip out East....hopefully the long rest made Wild even better...not rusty.

Ducks look even more solid with Kesler, should be a good battle tonight.
I agree, they definitely improved with that addition.

We are ridiculously deep up front, I really like that kid 3rd line too, they could really exploit some teams this year. Just need to get either Zucker or Fontaine to click on that 2nd line and we are set.

Yikes...more of the same....plenty of shots, total domination much of the time in both games and can't find the back of the net...too early to panic for sure but definitely an issue that needs to get resolved quickly.

Not worried.

Agreed.

We lost both games by a goal each to what are supposed to be the top 2 teams in the Pacific(possibly the West)

Soooo, what are the chances that the Cup will go to the West this year?

What are the chances that the chances that the West wins the Allstar game?

I'm going with 80% and 70%.

The sky is falling. Fire Koivu, trade Yeo, put Leopold on waivers.

winkgrin

LOL

Im not worried either, but we certainly need the PP to start producing. If it extends for a long period of time it will be very concerning.

Looking at the two games, they did perform well otherwise and actually held the edge in play for large chunks of both games.

No doubt they can play with these teams, but if they get one of those PP opps to produce its a different game all around.

Quote:
Soooo, what are the chances that the Cup will go to the West this year?

The Habs are good this year but that might be the East's only chance.

Anyone else notice Colorado is 1-5?

Unfortunately, I didn't get to see either game this weekend. But, I agree with the PP numbers. Really, I hope it's just one of those things where once it starts it really gets going. I mean, we should have a pretty solid PP just looking at the people on the ice.

Better take these next 2 home games....after that 5 of the following 8 on the road and the 3 home games are against Dallas, Pitt, and San Jose. I'd be happy with 5-5 in the next 10. We are happy again with mediocrity right? crazy

The sky is falling. Fire Koivu, trade Yeo, put Leopold on waivers the Vanek signing was an epic mistake. .

:

winkgrin

Fixed!.. :grin

Not sure who the bigger disappointment is thus far....speedy gonzalez koivu or which end of the stick do i shoot with Vanek....but it is only 4 games in...can't afford to get buried in the bottom half with the West being so deep or it will be tough to claw back up....time for a W streak....and someone please teach Scandella how to skate shocked

Hopefully it's just a slow start for Vanek. He's a veteran and it's a long season. IMO, he's the answer to our take alot of shots but no goals problem. No reason to give up on him yet. And I have been liking Koivu's game, he has been winning the important faceoffs and been pretty solid all around, maybe my expectations for him have dropped.. And I thought Scandella has been playing good!

It's tough to tell because we just played the 2 best teams in the league!

It was nice to see some grittiness out of Folin the other night. Made a perfectly clean effective hit on kopitar and someone ran him and picked a fight. He's a big man even though he's a rookie.

I've thought Scandella has looked great so far this season as well, really like the improvements in his game.

Scandella has been great this year, kid has come a long way, hope they lock him up for a while. Our D is really shaping up, Dumba still scares me a little but he's got the skills in the offensive zone and is still super young.

I've never seen Koivu & Vanek as a good fit, they just play such different styles. Yoe will figure it out eventually but it seems like he likes to drag his feet on line changes during the regular season. He does seem to get the playoff lineups right.