• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Wild 2014/2015 Regular Season

The wild will have to bring there A game tonight with st. Louis in town. Hopefully bickel is still in the lineup, they are going to need some extra backbone on the ice tonight.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CaptainMusky

• OnAFly

• 10,000 Casts

• Bear55

Tough loss tonight they played pretty well most of the night. Suter kind of gift wrapped that tying goal for the Blues, not like him.

Side note, how does Koivu ever score in the shootout. He has one and only one move, you'd think every goalie would know what's coming if they do their research. Also we seem to have some better options than Pominville for the shootout I would think.

Agreed on the shootout. koivu didn't give much of a fake either and right into the glove that was ready andwaiting. You'd think with as many shootouts in the nhl that he'd practice it and add some other moves. I'd like to see Granlund more, what about Vanek?

It's interesting that Scandela got a big contract. Gotta love his 2 way play this year and his 5 goals. I think the key to this team is the D getting into the rush and getting the puck deep. I was at his first game and I remember thinking who the ... Is that? His skating was so bad but he almost scored.

Backstrom is looking pretty good. I'd like to see them play him for a while. Imo he's less of a wildcard than Kuemper right now.

Happy for Scandella, he has been a bug surprise to me and glad we locked him up. Suter's play is suspect lately, maybe we need to pull some minutes off him...he may be getting wore out, making bad passes, getting beat more often, just not what he should be IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

I had curling league so I didn't see the first period. The first thing I saw was Martin burying Ballards head into the boards and Ballard convulsing on the ice. It was nice of Brodziak to challenge Martin and take a beating but that seemed to get the team going.. I hope they use this win to gain some momentum. It was nice to see Koivu angry.

great comeback, but man, we cannot find outselves in these situations. Two games in a row, but this time they managed to pull off the victory.

Koivu had one of his best games in years. He was great in all facets of the game. Happy to see him have a big game. He has been quiet lately. Glad to see Haula get one and this dang Nino character has icewater in his veins.

Anyway what a game.

possibly a season saving type of comeback win.

Koivu back from the dead Vanek hustling. Yes Vanek hustling i said it...

Big road trip coming up.

Go FishingMinnesota/Hotspotoutdoors/Wild!

Vanek, we all know he is not the greatest skater or hustler but his hands have to be some of the best in the NHL. Or should I say hand eye coordination.

Good character win but it should not take a loss of a player to get you to play harder.

I thought Vanek looked pretty good in the playoffs last season so I think his slower start is the culmination of a few things. 1. He's a veteran and it's a long season so he is pacing himself. 2. All the distractions of his gambling situation and new team. 3. He got his last big contract and is coasting a bit. Let's hope he decides to pick it up because this team needs him.

The Hab fans would certainly disagree with the comment on Vanek looking good in the playoffs. I thought there were certainly more players that looked bac, but he was catching flack big time. Actually pushed all the way back to the 4th line for a while and no PP time. That is pretty dramatic.

I hate to be a negative Nelly, but I think Ballard's career is over. I said it to my wife the second I saw him laying on the ice stone cold after that hit.

I hope he recovers, but I think for his sake, his family's sake, it is time for him to think about the more important things in life. His head cannot be right anymore.

Big game tonight, we have struggled in their building. We need to come out sharp. I think we are 8-3-1 in the last 12 and havent made up any ground!??

Granted we have several games in hand, but we cannot afford any hiccups.

Down 2 d men again with Scandela suspension and Ballard. Time for the young boys to step up. I agree on Ballards career. He has had a rough 3-4 year stretch with concussions and other injuries.

On a side note, I see Zajac and another player for the Devils have the mumps. Are the Wild the carriers and spreaders?

Quote:
The Hab fans would certainly disagree with the comment on Vanek looking good in the playoffs.

Ya I heard that too but I was thinking that is a case of expecting this guy to score a goal every game. He had 5 goals and 5 assists in 17 games. That's pretty much what he is producing now. He'll never be a point a game guy so just use him for what he is.

On a side note, I see Zajac and another player for the Devils have the mumps. Are the Wild the carriers and spreaders?
The wild havent played the Devils.

The Wild are pointing to either LA or Anaheim, that first road trip as the places they contracted it.

I guess it can be in your system for 30 days before you even show symptoms though so it would seem weird that some guys come down right away vs others days/weeks later.

I found this interesting from the CDC HSOforum: "Mumps is no longer very common in the United States. Each year, on average, a few hundred people in the U.S. are reported to have the disease."

"2014 Mumps Cases

From January 1 to November 29, 2014, 1,078 people in the United States have been reported to have mumps.

In 2013, 438 people from 39 states in the U.S. were reported to have mumps". That is quite the jump in a year. Over 100% increase.

Some positives last night. Vanek getting busy around the net and working hard. He had some great chances and deserved better.

Koivu was a beast again and is our best all around player the last 10 or so games.

Vanek's defense on the game winning goal...ahhh.... leaves something to be desired.

Kemps "its the cows" looked more comfortable in goal. Mooo.

Need to take out Pheonix tomorrow night.

Arizona is on a slump...a big slump. Lets not be slump busters now eek

Well we were semi slump busters crazy I am not liking how the Wild are playing nor do I think we have what it takes to compete in the west, player for player we do not stack up, not tough enough, no real snipers, shaky tending....unless they make a drastic turnaround I don't see us making the playoffs this year. Every player will have to at least play up to their potential if not higher to get this ship corrected. IMO we peaked last year and until more of the up and comers start to bloom we don't have enough quality vets to carry the team...Zucker and Nino can't get us there....hope I am wrong but.....

Quote:
I am not liking how the Wild are playing nor do I think we have what it takes to compete in the west, player for player we do not stack up, not tough enough, no real snipers, shaky tending....unless they make a drastic turnaround I don't see us making the playoffs this year. Every player will have to at least play up to their potential if not higher to get this ship corrected. IMO we peaked last year and until more of the up and comers start to bloom we don't have enough quality vets to carry the team...Zucker and Nino can't get us there....hope I am wrong but.....

The West is tougher than last year. The East is tougher too. We outshoot just about everybody but we don't get quality shots. I think a lot of that has to do with toughness, we are supposed to be a hard working, get pucks deep and grind team but we lack toughness.

Anyone see how Dany Heatley is doing? Looks like he's played 4 games, no points and -2.

What a sick move to the top shelf backhand by Nino.. Wow.

Yeah i was just saying that too .... Sick goal.

Great comeback killed by a brutal call with 4 minutes left.

Has Heatley played since the called him up? I thought they just brought him back up yesterday or Sunday with Bryz.

He played in October early November.

I thought Vanek's goal was sweet...exactly what we signed him for...top corner one-timer... and great pass by Granlund. Bummer we could not pull out a W after fighting back to tie it. How about Teows stealing the puck from Folin and transitioning right back on the net for a goal....wow.

Wife and I have tickets to the Nashville game tomorrow night. Sounds like Cooke and Carter could be back in the lineup. I hope so. We need the gritty that those two bring. I read that Cooke practiced on a line with Nino and Coyle. I really like that line. They should be a beast of a line in the offensive zone.