• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Wild 2014/2015 Regular Season

I am unimpressed like everyone else but think we need to make a final judgement after Parise, Cooke, Spurgeon, etc get back for a few games. If getting those guys back does not turn things around then time for some drastic changes. I really don't see anyone playing well right now and a little surprised a few guys could not step up to keep us competitive.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CaptainMusky

• OnAFly

• 10,000 Casts

• Bear55

We just lost to a mediocre eastern team with a mediocre Goalie on a 4 game skid AND on the 2nd night of a back to back. They even consistently beat us to pucks. Something is very wrong..

And I expected Vanek to be a little lazy and a little slow and play a soft defense but this is too much. On one of the plays in the third the rebound came right to him but he was laying on the ice.. That would have tied the game.. He needs to pick it up.

I have to agree with Chorske's comments after the game. They are not physical at all. Something like 8 hits the whole game. That is pu$$y hockey if you ask me. So many guys not finishing checks or shying away. You can win with skill but not if you don't want to get hit or hit. They seem to be lacking confidence and one way to get a little hype on the bench if you are not scoring is to get some good hits in.

Side note: Am I the only one who thinks that the ref's are really bad this year. Not just the Wild games. I watch 10-15 games a week. I can't wait for ice fishing.

I'm not sure if I think the refs are bad or not but it seems they call penalties closer to International hockey refs. Maybe they are emphasizing the hooking and holding stuff but it does seem like more penalties are being called. Then the playoffs come around and it all changes. Inconsistency bothers me more than anything out of refs.

Yeah, I am sure there are people out there already holding them.

This game better break the skid or I might be one of them.

Sadly the difference between the top 4 teams in the West and the rest is that they do not go on these skids, while the Wild seem to go through a number of them every year.

Seems like Chuck has the team assembled that we need (minus maybe a top goalie). The coaching staff and team need to execute. Far too early to get super discouraged and make drastic moves. But just making the playoffs could be an issue, so they better beat up on the Sabres tonight.

Brodin and Scandella are out with what could be the same glandular thing that Folin/Ballard went through...which has been determined to the mumps.

It's 2014. The mumps are killing our season. What the eff.

There are several more guys around the league with the same issue. Apparently it's somewhat resistant to the MMR vaccine everyone gets as a child.

That sucks!!!

This is the thing that keeps cropping up for teams that pass through AZ!

What are your thoughts on all the line changes? I mean, it seems to me we have so many line changes game in game out, even in game that its really hard to breed any chemistry.

I realize much of this is due to injuries, but come on, keep some of these guys together. No sense in taking a fist full of names and throwing them up in the air and see what line they end up on. You get an injury on one line, promote someone to that spot and then bring someone up to fill the void left. Dont break apart everything.

I agree 100% this is the ebbs and flows are what kills this team. The best teams do not have the string of bad games like the wild seem to do. We are sitting at 4 losses in a row. We had multiple of those last year to the point that if there was another loss Yeo was going to be axed, allegedly.

That has to stop. I can see a couple game skid, but 4? should never happen with the talent on this team unless there are major injury issues.

Gonna be tough to avoid a5th loss, but it wouldn't surprise me if we get a little puck luck (which we had to start the season)and win by 2 or 3.

Got the Gopher line going tonight. Should be interesting.

You wonder where they got it from. Sharing water bottles and all the spitting that goes on. It would be interesting to know if any referees have come down with this.

Scandella has been a threat all year up and down the ice, I understand players need to stand up to the other teams but I think he needs to leave the gloves on. By bringing bickel and shroeder up for this game is what this team needed. Not only speed but some grit to boot, besides hopefully its a wake up call to the rest. Iowa is just a hop skip and a jump away, if your not playing up to your potential go sit on there bench and think about what you've done.

Without Parise this team has no heart. If they weren't playing the worst team in the league I think they get beat tonight.

You wonder where they got it from. Sharing water bottles and all the spitting that goes on. It would be interesting to know if any referees have come down with this.

Pretty sure one of the refs was missing last game because of this.

Without Parise this team has no heart. If they weren't playing the worst team in the league I think they get beat tonight.

Has a lot to do with the coach. They remind me of a bottle of pop that got shook up then opened and left on the counter for a few weeks.

What I cant stand is when we get to the blue line we get shoved out towards the boards very easily. Then always seem to make one too many passes, and have no physical presence inside disrupting the goalie/defense.

Too many guys just skating around collecting the big paychecks.

Slump buster?!!! :-)

Yeah, they needed a win and thankfully they had Buffalo at the right time.

Geesh, what is in Kuemper's head right now?

3 goals in 17 seconds between the two teams has to be some sort of record! I found records for fastest two goals by two teams (2 seconds) and fastest 3 goals by an individual player (21 seconds, WOW BTW), but nothing on 3 goals by two teams.

Anyway, that was histeria. One minute Im thinking here we go again, the next we have a shot, then YES, we found our scoring and then GOOD LORD and pull Kuemper!

Slump buster?!!! :-)

Yeah, they needed a win and thankfully they had Buffalo at the right time.

Geesh, what is in Kuemper's head right now?

3 goals in 17 seconds between the two teams has to be some sort of record! I found records for fastest two goals by two teams (2 seconds) and fastest 3 goals by an individual player (21 seconds, WOW BTW), but nothing on 3 goals by two teams.

Anyway, that was histeria. One minute Im thinking here we go again, the next we have a shot, then YES, we found our scoring and then GOOD LORD and pull Kuemper!

I heard them on KFAN last night say the fastest 3 goals between 2 teams was in 1983 - 3 goals in 15 seconds between the NY Rangers and (in all seriousness) the MN NorthStars. LOL

Over all I thought they played pretty decent, not to their potential - but to climb out of a skid like they were on, not just losing games but also being compounded by lack of goals takes more then just a game and the game against Buffalo couldn't have come at a better time, now we'll see how Saturday goes, break out the pepto..

Whats the verdict on Cooke. Sorry if I missed it, I follow the team pretty close. Have they disclosed his injury or just kept it "upper/lower" ?

the wild seemed to be one step behind the stars today, but somehow get the big win. great game by both haula and granlund.

Carter's pass to Haula was a beauty. He did a good job of making sure he dragged the d far enough to give Haula plenty of time. Lehtonen was giving up 2 ft rebounds all night. I'm surprised Granny was the only one to put one in.

Now the Jets. Hopefully they don't look past this one.

Your right 10,000, this is a totally different team when Zach is on the ice. The way Winnipeg is taking the body, somebody on our bench better find up some seeds to prevent someone else from getting hurt. I wonder if Domi is still skating.

Well, now we strung together 3 wins. Not liking how they gave up 3 straight goals in the 3rd at all, but they responded in OT.

I hadnt realized, but the Jets have been playing well 8-2-2 before last night. That's impressive.

Gotta love that hip check Ballard threw in the 2nd! And I wonder what got into him? He showed the Ballard of old stirring things up.

And how about Nino? 4 goals in 2 games get's him back on track to have a great season.

Go hunting for a week and it looks like the wild fell apart and then slowly started pulling it back together. Long season with plenty of ups and downs, time to get everyone healthy and start climbing the standings.