• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDY!!

FISHINGURU

What happened to your man crush and the $49 million for Jennings??

At least we can say the D is much improved. Gotta feel for Zimmer a little cause he was dealt a huge plate of shart to start his first job. Given the circumstances so far he has responded well. The D should give Teddy a few more chances than defenses of the recent past.

That wasn't me, I never wanted Jennings, I always thought he was a product of great QB's. On top of that I didn't want us to spend that much on a role player.

Zimmer is a guy I wanted though, I think he has done a great job so far considering what he was dealt. I like how we adjust on defense, it will be nice in a couple years when Zim gets to keep bringing in his kind of players.

I think with AP we are 2-1 right now possibly 3-0.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FISHINGURU

• CaptainMusky

• BuckSutherland

• Big Dave2

I am tempering my optimism of what Teddy might be able to do, but this gem from Zimmer in yesterday's presser was encouraging: "there isnt anything that Cassel can do that Teddy cannot do, but there are several things that Teddy can do that Matt cannot." Not saying much because IMO Cassel is a below average QB, but from what I saw Sunday (and in Preseason), Teddy is much more equiped to run a diverse offense than Cassel.

Hopefully the game slows down for him.

I am tempering my optimism of what Teddy might be able to do, but this gem from Zimmer in yesterday's presser was encouraging: "there isnt anything that Cassel can do that Teddy cannot do, but there are several things that Teddy can do that Matt cannot." Not saying much because IMO Cassel is a below average QB, but from what I saw Sunday (and in Preseason), Teddy is much more equiped to run a diverse offense than Cassel.

Hopefully the game slows down for him.

Another sucker roped in.

Think about it, if that were really true then why on earth was Castle the starting QB? crazy

These guys are selling hope and you can't get your wallet out fast enough.

Selling hope huh? Are you wishing in one hand and peeing in the other to see which fills up before manziel gets a start?

Think about it, if that were really true then why on earth was Castle the starting QB? crazy

You talkin about Sand Castle or Matt Cassel? grin

The reason they started Cassel over Teddy is because they thought his experience and leadership would help him lead the offense better then a rookie. He didn't do anything in preseason to lose the job, even though you could tell Teddy brings more spark.

Cassel is pretty vanilla and when the pressure is on he chokes. They didn't want Teddy to start his career under these circumstances but that's how the game goes, hopefully he pulls through and is legit.

Once the real pressure was on you seen Cassel choke like normal.

I'll be honest, I hated the Bridgewater pick. Absolutely hated it. But Bridgewater has looked very very good in this game. He looks like a legit NFL QB. This Atlanta D is terrible and I am sure there will be games where Teddy looks awful, like any rookie, but Ponder and Cassel have never looked comfortable in the pocket and like legit NFL QB's the way Teddy has today. With some development, Teddy may be the QB for a while.

I hated the bridgewater pick too, but so far, he is making me eat my words. He looks comfortable and calm and has good mobility. I think Spielmans job hangs on Teddy. If Teddy is the franchise QB, Rick will keep his job for a lot longer.

Nice team win against a quality opponent. Cant wait to see what Zimmer comes up with to try and slow Aaron Rodgers on Thursday. Gonna be real tough to win at lambeau

I'm with you guys I didn't like the pick but the Vikings may have finally found their QB. Very solid performance today and the kid seems to have a great personality too.

Mckinnon and Wright were 2 key players that stepped up nice.

Defense has to get waaaay better at stopping teams on 3rd downs man that was frustrating.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I like what I saw and we aren't used to seeing a good QB. This one shows promise.

In addition, Teddy sells the fake well. Thats something some QBs think is beyond them.

He had the cameraman duped more then once on the fake handoff then spits out a bullet.

Teddy was ballin, wish he could have stayed in and finished the whole game though. It was a good sign to see him back right away with the negative x-rays, hopefully he's not injury prone. I wonder if he plays this Thurs or they give him a nice long rest?

I like how we adjust on both sides of the ball these days. Have to give credit to this coaching staff for doing what we are doing with the players we have on the field. We were bending a bit on D but we were also playing hard and hitting everyone in sight, I like to see that.

With Teddy out there you have a feeling we are alright and can move the ball and score points, when Blunder comes in you're hoping we don't have to throw the ball lol.

Great win though, even before all the stuff going on no one had us at 2-2 right now.

I had more fun watching that Vikings game than I have in years, which shows how lacking our team has been. Bet the fans had a blast that were actually at the game.

I'm trying to keep an even keel about Teddy, as a game and half does not make a QB. But he's off to a better start than I would have imagined. No disprespect to Cassel (and I hope his foot recovers), but I'm glad we aren't wasting our time watching a QB that was temporary in nature.

Regardless of how the Vikes end up in the win-loss column this year, I think interest in the team has just increased by 100% by the play of 1 rookie alone.

I remember Jackson having a few good games, until opponents got film on him. While he has looked better then what we have been used to, I am not ready to crown his but yet.

I remember Jackson having a few good games, until opponents got film on him. While he has looked better then what we have been used to, I am not ready to crown his but yet.
TJack never had a game close to how much command Teddy did yesterday. He would pull in several long runs and a few decent passes but nothing like teddy with accuracy and just making reads etc. I'm not putting him in the hall of fame yet but its a huge disservice to teddy to have tjack come across your lips when thinking about Teddy's play yesterday.

don't think anybody is crowning him yet, but you couldn't ask for much more than what he showed yesterday. as a rookie, you want him to make some plays but not try to make something out of nothing. that's exactly what he did and viking fans have to be excited about his potential.

as a side note; the offensive line flat out brought their A game too! we will see as we face tougher defenses than the falcons but it's encouraging. now about that defense......