• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Peterson Indicted for Child Abuse

LMITOUT

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amateurfishing

• upnorth

• LMITOUT

• aanderud

So in a week where a Commissioner is exposed as a fraud and a star RB has a video released that turns the majority of the country against him, suddenly the Vikings most popular player comes along and does something that not only knocks them right off the screen crawler but actually makes them look tame by comparison. Figures.

The only thing good that comes from this is my fantasy matchup looks a lot better without AP on my competitor's lineup.

No way I could ever support that kind of "discipline" particularly on a 4 year old kid. That poor kid must have been screaming his head off in terror. Multiple lacerations on his legs and who knows where else? Peterson has a serious problem. If I started whipping my 7 year old son like that until he was bruised and bleeding I cant imagine what he would think of me. Kids know when they are being punished out of love or if they are being abused. This kind of treatment is abuse in my book.

I think this entire issue has gotten out of hand.....If an approach such as the Ray Rice punishment by the NFL and possibly a similar one to Adrian Peterson is applied , where does the matter of criminal law apply?....Isnt this getting to be a form of vigilante justice?.....Likey MANY more NFL players are in real danger of similar penalties from the NFL , but not from law enforcement authorities.....If we were to use this same approach to the general public , how many would be punished, even if their cases had been through the criminal justice system?.....Many of you reading this might qualify for this court of public opinion....A penalty is one thing , but, losing your employment for a year or more is just plain arbritrary and a punishment not fitting the bad deed.

I dunno, a driver of any kind gets a DUI and he is off work for a while, maybe for good. How many other jobs have the random pee in the cup thing for keeping their job.

You want a job in the public spotlight? There are going to be certain standards that need to maintained. NFL, NBA, NHL players all in that spotlight and supposed role models for young sports players. You think this is a good role model? Not the kind of krap I want my kids and grandkids looking up to.

I bet jerry Jones made this get pushed. The vikes will cut him, NFL ban for a year and then jerry and Peterson get their wish to play for cowboys.

If the reports are true that his injuries included lacerations to the kids scrotum then he should be done with football. There is NOTHING that a 4 year old could do that would remotely warrant that type of punishment whether intentional or that that is way way out of hand.

This guys is going to be crucified for leaving marks on his kid that are no worse than if the kid fell down on the sidewalk. The pussification of America continues, along with the "I wanna be famous" syndrome of baby mamas.

One is intentional (maybe not the wounds but the act); one is an accident. One's because of the father's actions; one is because of the child's actions. Big difference.

I bet jerry Jones made this get pushed. The vikes will cut him, NFL ban for a year and then jerry and Peterson get their wish to play for cowboys.

If the reports are true that his injuries included lacerations to the kids scrotum then he should be done with football. There is NOTHING that a 4 year old could do that would remotely warrant that type of punishment whether intentional or that that is way way out of hand.

I do not believe one should lose their job due to something done in their personal life but if AP did what has been stated, then I would agree, beating a 4 year old is beyond bad.

Vikings need to terminate his contract.

The NFL is full of thugs.

Innocent until proven guilty. Right??? Oh, that's right, he's black, and you are full blown racist. Lets wait and see what happens. Apparently more than one jury before this one did not see enough evidence to indict him. We dont know that some of those marks werent made by the money-grubbing woman that he has this child with. I am at least willing to hear his side of the story.

Peterson admitted in grand jury testimony that he went too far and was sorry.

He has confessed that he did this.

A few of the facts of the case are as follows......

Peterson has apologized for doing this

Peterson has admitted he "whooped" his son

Peterson admitted in Grand Jury testimony he went to far and was sorry.

Seems pretty open and shut.

This piece of trash will get a slap on the wrist and then shack up with another woman and produce another child out of wedlock.

Even a simple farmer like you Buck should understand that.

Also Buck why am I racist?

We dont know that some of those marks werent made by the money-grubbing woman that he has this child with. I am at least willing to hear his side of the story.

He was the one who liked to 'd'uck the dirties.

That's all on him.

A leopard can paint over his spots and appear different but they will always be there.

Bottom line is Peterson ADMITTED HE DID THIS! It's not open for debate whether or not he's guilty. He's already admitted his guilt. The NFL has become a cancer full of millionaires who buy their way through the legal system because they're incapable of staying out of it.

Who cares of his stature within the NFL ranks? He's not above the law.

Quote:
...the "I wanna be famous" syndrome of baby mamas.

Quote:
Baby momma payday syndrome might be in play here,

Quote:
We dont know that some of those marks werent made by the money-grubbing woman that he has this child with.

Blatent misogyny.

As I understand it, the mother didn't report to the authorities, a Dr did.

After a routine visit.

In all liklihood, the mother would have preferred to keep it a family matter.

However ...

I'm not expecting BigDave to argue that makes everyones outrage misplaced.

He's a mysogynist too.

Quote:
Suddenly, it feels like Adrian Peterson won’t be a Viking much longer

Posted by Mike Florio on September 13, 2014, 10:03 PM EDT

With Vikings running back Adrian Peterson indicted on child abuse charges only days after the Ray Rice video turned the NFL on its head, it’s unclear when Peterson will return to the field for the Vikings.

It’s becoming more clear that he may not be a Viking much longer.

Already in the big-money years of a contract that devotes way too much cash to a devalued position, the charges against Peterson could sufficiently diminish his standing in the eyes of the fan base to allow the Vikings to free themselves of salaries of $12.75 million in 2015, $14.75 million in 2016, and $15.75 million in 2017. (Moving on from Peterson after the coming season would result in a paltry cap charge of $2.4 million.)

Despite the reality that the Vikings could use that money to find a stable of very good running backs with plenty left over to address other needs, it was believed by many before Friday that the Vikings would never let him go. Peterson believed that, too.

“I think the organization would take a heavy hit — for real — more so from the fan base,” Peterson said earlier this year regarding the consequences of cutting him. “I don’t think it would be like a LeBron [James] situation where they’re burning my jersey, this, that and the other. They might be doing [the opposite] and not buying some season tickets.”

The charges against Peterson potentially will turn that dynamic on its head, with the Vikings ultimately scoring points among the fan base by moving on from one of the greatest running backs in NFL history. And with $43.25 million in extra cash and cap space from 2015 through 2017, the Vikings could build the kind of team that will quickly make the fans forget about a player who, before Friday, may now be unforgettable for very different reasons.

Has anyone heard from Paul Allen or Mike Wobschall since this news broke, or are they holed up at their lovers retreat consoling each other?

Blatent misogyny.

As I understand it, the mother didn't report to the authorities, a Dr did.

After a routine visit.

In all liklihood, the mother would have preferred to keep it a family matter.

However ...

I'm not expecting BigDave to argue that makes everyones outrage misplaced.

He's a mysogynist too.

If you don't get the difference between outrage of the abuse of a 4 year old and fake outrage about a fight between 2 consenting adults, I'm afraid I won't be able to help you.

All I can say is look your kid or kids in the eye and tell me as a parent if you could inflict that type of punishment on them. I know I couldn't.

All I can say is look your kid or kids in the eye and tell me as a parent if you could inflict that type of punishment on them. I know I couldn't.

+ 1

+1

If this keeps up the league might have to switch to playing 9 man.

As fa as the Wilf's deactivating Peterson, they should also deactivate themselves and probably fire themselves since they were convicted for fraud last year and had a huge judgement go against them.Otherwise they will be Hypocrites and Frauds.