• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Peterson Indicted for Child Abuse

LMITOUT

Its a sad reality in today's society. Now doubt we had met a similar fate back in our day but not in today's world. I agree with you bigdave I would never do such a thing but Ithink worse things have happened to many of us and we turned out relatively OK lol

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amateurfishing

• upnorth

• LMITOUT

• aanderud

Roddy White on Twitter: @roddywhiteTV: I'm probably going to lose my fantasy football matchup this week cause all day can't play Sunday for disciplining his child Jesus help us

And you all laughed at me when I said we should trade this guy a couple years ago.

Looks like AD has a thing for the vanilla judging by the kids leg. Wonder if Rev Al and JJ will show up to protest??

I got no problem with smackin your kids once in a while, but this seems to go beyond. I am sure good ole Roger Godell is gonna get this one right and all will be forgotten about a washed up loser like RR.

How many kids does this moron have and from how many different mothers?

Alot and alot to answer your questions

How many kids does this moron have and from how many different mothers?

I heard like 6 different baby mammas but who knows.

Quote:
The Minnesota Vikings running back had at least five children out of wedlock and could have had as many as seven, according to one of his ex-girlfriends.

The Minnesota Vikings running back had at least five children out of wedlock and could have had as many as seven, according to one of his ex-girlfriends.

As Lebron would say: Not 1, not 2, not 3...

This guys is going to be crucified for leaving marks on his kid that are no worse than if the kid fell down on the sidewalk. The pussification of America continues, along with the "I wanna be famous" syndrome of baby mamas.

I don't entirely disagree with that. A lot more kids in this country could use a good whoopin' and they'd be better off because of it, but this is a bit extreme don't you think? Especially for a 4 year old.

Yep, washed the kid's mouth out with soap once, purposely and repeatedly went verbally pycho on him once, potched him on the head a couple times, and no way am claiming parent of the year gold star awards, but really? Yes, do think Baby momma payday syndrome might be in play here, but if your child came back sporting this for pushing your sibling off a bike?

full-27018-49060-adrian_peterson_indicte

This guys is going to be crucified for leaving marks on his kid that are no worse than if the kid fell down on the sidewalk. The pussification of America continues, along with the "I wanna be famous" syndrome of baby mamas.

If the marks left are not excessive to you, what would be? Would it take a broken bone for you to question Peterson's behavior.

I agree with both bigsam and Lmit on both points. I really believe he was just disciplining his kids the way he was as a child...maybe the only way he knew how. He admitted he did it and I'm sure he'll take full responsibility for his actions moving forward...and the consequenses of said actions.

I think different regions in our country will look at this in completely different ways....

Was watching Espn and they reported these pix may be 5 - 7 days after the so called whooping. IF that is true then it's hard to argue that it wasn't way excessive. A four year old can be properly spanked with a bare hand if needed. No need to make a child that age, or any age for that matter to have to take off pants and underwear to expose bare skin to a switch. To say any kind of punishment less than that is being wussy is just wrong IMO.

Ray Rice gets suspended indefinitely by the NFL for assaulting a woman. I would assume the NFL has to send down the same punishment for Adrian Peterson. Disciplining a child is one thing but using a switch on a child of any age let alone a child at the age of 4 is abuse no matter what race religion you are or upbringing you had. They still have to convict him though before any kind of sanctions are placed on him reguarding his football career.

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2014/09/12/exclusive-details-on-adrian-peterson-indictment-charges/ I was against him until I read all of that article. Sounds to me he shouldn't be arrested or kicked out of the NFL. He was punishing his kid and although it was a bit much if he is telling the full honest truth its not too bad. The part that gets me is what the kid said... If AP did do what the kid said then I have some problems with it.

Keep in mind, the nfl and the Vikings knew about this in May. They were both happy to sweep this under the rug, until the public found out about it. That tells the real story of the nfl. Thanks to our legislators for spending millions of tax dollars (yes tax dollars now that e pull tabs are belly up) on this wonderful business.

If he's the one who left those marks then it's the end of his career after Ray Rice got kicked out. If he left those marks he's an stubborn-one who should be booted. You don't hit a kid with anything but an open hand and it's a smack on the but not a beating. [PoorWordUsage] is the matter with these idiots. Takes a big man to whip a 4 year old.

Look at the stature of AP and compare him to a 4 year old. Are you kidding me? You are allowed to SPANK a child with an open hand, from the neck down an not leave a mark that lasts more than two days. You can NEVER use anything to hit them with.

Yes we all got hit with a switch or whatnot growing up so I guess that makes it right to do it now. People used to smoke while pregnant, drink and drive, no seat belts for kids, the list goes on and on with what was done 30 years or more ago. Doesn't make it right then and sure as hellz doesn't make it right now.

I am normally considered rather conservative and old fashioned, but when it comes to punishing children there is no freakin way it should ever lead to leaving a mark, much less draw blood. I wouldn't treat my dog that poorly!

Being a parent of a child is not ownership for crying out loud. You beat your neighbor with tree branch and you are going to jail, you beat a 4 year old with a branch and it is OK, at least to some? I totally fail to see the reasoning there.

I can see this as "discipline" if it would have bee a in the moment, grabbed a stick and give the kid a swat on the rear. ONE swat, maybe 2.

The pics I see are only of his thigh, look at how many lashes the thigh alone took.!!

Repeated strikes seems like anger not disipline.

Something is very fishishy though. While I am definirely no condoning any of his actions, Adrian was completely forthcoming the entire time even testifying before a grand jury before season started. Also, in early summer prosecutor brought charges before a different grand jury and no charges were filed at that time stating charges were not warranted. So what happened between that gRand jury and the most recent one. It reeks of someone trying to make a name for themselves off the Ray Rice scandal. A fine and community service is definitely in order along with some counseling and time served. I will assume he did not know better but consider that highly doubtful since he has the entire NFL at his disposal. Now I understand why the vikings kept 3 running backs & 2 half backs on the final 53 man roster. They knew something. Should have been traded, plenty of talent behind him on the roster.

Wasn't this the 4th grand jury it was brought before? I thought I read that somewhere. Timing is a bit interesting for sure with the ray rice deal. May have hurried this to another grand jury after that backlash to avoid it hitting TMZ.

I believe that a parent has a right to discipline his/her children in any manner they choose. Growing up, I knew what a switch was, and got to choose the one I was going to get it with. So, I am with AP on that.

If he truly lacerated the scrotum, and there are pictures that is another thing. I believe its unintentional, but I have to side with what Reusse said on his show yesterday, AP just buried a son who was beat to death, and less than a year later has this on him.

So now the NFL has a big one to face here, in the simplest terms, Rice got banned for a year (at least) for punching an adult female friend (at the time). What does AP get for tearing open the scrotum of his 4 year old child????

There comes a time that discipline crosses a line and becomes outright assault. It the photos show the actual outcome of the "discipline" that is assault.

As I see it there is no way someone who does that should be in a showcase leader type role like a NFL player.

I think this entire issue has gotten out of hand.....If an approach such as the Ray Rice punishment by the NFL and possibly a similar one to Adrian Peterson is applied , where does the matter of criminal law apply?....Isnt this getting to be a form of vigilante justice?.....Likey MANY more NFL players are in real danger of similar penalties from the NFL , but not from law enforcement authorities.....If we were to use this same approach to the general public , how many would be punished, even if their cases had been through the criminal justice system?.....Many of you reading this might qualify for this court of public opinion....A penalty is one thing , but, losing your employment for a year or more is just plain arbritrary and a punishment not fitting the bad deed.