• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Two game suspension

Uncle Bill

Read the article I posted earlier, she tells you exactly how she feels.

What she says is not necessarily how she REALLY feels.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Big Dave2

• CaptainMusky

• DrJill

• leech~~

What she says is not necessarily how she REALLY feels.

If I can't believe her on the subject of her own feelings then I'm not sure who I can believe.

Forget about his occupation, forget about the sexes involved, forget about sexual orientations.

How is it possible to do that and not face a trial on criminal charges ?

I really couldn't care less about the NFL side of the story.

To me, the fact that the perpetrator didn't face a trial is incredible.

If I can't believe her on the subject of her own feelings then I'm not sure who I can believe.

Abused women do not always express how they really feel, and she definitely is an abused woman.

Quote:

"I was stunned," said Donna D'Andrea, a legal advocate for The Women's Center, a domestic violence and sexual abuse help center in Linwood, NJ....in her nearly 30 years of experience, she cannot recall a single other aggravated assault case being resolved by pre-trial intervention.

According to New Jersey's pretrial intervention web-site, PTI is a used in criminal cases that don't involve violence ...

The "get counseling" deal he recieved didn't even require he plead guilty to a lesser charge !!. OUTRAGOUS.

Testosterone....EGO.....

Somehow, guys just can't let it go...

More than likely, a guy made an "advance" on his gal that night or someone said something to her that he heard. Could have been the other way around too....doesn't matter.

The fight started well before the elevator...I bet they're both kicking themselves today for what was probably an EGO related "non-event".

Stupid.....

Abused women do not always express how they really feel, and she definitely is an abused woman.

Classically abused women are not usually the aggressor either.

Come on BigDave! There is no excuse PERIOD. It is said to be 14% of all physical violence toward women is reported by them. Most of us know the reasons you are just trying to drum up controversay.

Your making my stomach turn Dave.

First its "Apparantly she didn't mind it too much."

Now you seem to be saying she was asking for it.

sicksicksick

Time to lock this thread up.

Every civilized human being agrees the behavior is inexcusable.

Why give a forum to neanderthals.

As I stated before, there is NEVER any reason why a man should EVER hit a women, no excuse at all.

Totally agree Dr Jill, this kind of dump makes one sick. One is not a man if they a women.

Any man who would defend what that this loser did, well, I am not going type what I think of him, word filter would kick it out but I am sure the huge majority here knows what I would like to say.

The sad fact is, probably at least 5 people (women and men) were beaten as bad or worse last weekend by their partners in every one of your counties. It would seem you can help these people better by putting less time and energy into a fool's debate here, and seeing what you can do to help with organizations which deal with domestic violence locally. Simple outrage, whether expressed by the media or posters here, really does nothing, including "raising awareness". And I think I get Dave's point: any woman or man who stays with their abuser after the first punch is now part of the problem. There never seems to be an end to the pool of people willing to take an abuser's abuse. Putting an abuser behind bars is only half the solution. Getting the victims to stop being there when the abusers get out is the other half. Now how to fix that half of the problem is worth talking about.

No, I am asking if Sam was in the place of Rice and a female (regardless of their relationship) is still the person getting struck in the head.

Yes, I believe that this would be all over the front page of everything if this happened. Do you not think it'd be all over the place?

And I think I get Dave's point: any woman or man who stays with their abuser after the first punch is now part of the problem. There never seems to be an end to the pool of people willing to take an abuser's abuse. Putting an abuser behind bars is only half the solution. Getting the victims to stop being there when the abusers get out is the other half. Now how to fix that half of the problem is worth talking about.

Very well said. It is such a knee jerk reaction to put 100% of the blame on the man in these instances. I absolutely agree that there is never any excuse for a man to hit a woman. That was what I was taught and it is what I teach my son.

The part I don't get here is all the phony outrage. If the person who was struck seems to not have any outrage then why should I? The fact is we do not know what kind of a relationship they have no matter how much we speculate. I have seen people my whole life who live in volatile relationships and they seem perfectly happy to do so.

I get that a lot of battered women don't come forward because of fear of reprisal from the spouse but I really don't see that being the case here. In most of those cases, out of self-preservation, the wife learns to be absolutely submissive to the batterer in order to avoid more beatings. In this case it appeared to me she may have even been the aggressor. That just doesn't jive with most cases of battered wives.

I'm not saying he shouldn't get what's coming to him, I'm just saying that I'm not going to join the media blinded masses in expressing fake outrage like everyone else here. If she wants to stay in an abusive relationship, who am I to judge what they do and how they do it?

Knocking a woman out with a punch is never a non event .

The "non event" to what I was referring to is what started the fight in the 1st place...not the end result...

Phony outrage. You're going to have to explain that one.

There is a difference between a slap and a left hook to the face. That's what ignited the outrage.

Doesn't matter what their relationship practices are. Homeboy committed a crime, the world seen it and now can judge him for that. It's out of the Rice's hands.

How would you know BigDave what her true feelings about the situation are? She loses everything by him losing his job and income. She's doing just what 86% of all similar cases where woman are abused/beaten. This is just more in the public eye and she has a mechanism to make comments whether they are real or not.

The problem I have with the punishment is it doesn't follow anything the NFL has or had in place. I'm sure Rice will fight this and win whether that leads to another chance I doubt it.

Phony outrage. You're going to have to explain that one.

There is a difference between a slap and a left hook to the face. That's what ignited the outrage.

Doesn't matter what their relationship practices are. Homeboy committed a crime, the world seen it and now can judge him for that. It's out of the Rice's hands.

Phony outrage = Outrage that is not genuine. Everyone still knew what happened in that elevator before the second video was released. Where was the outrage then?

How would you know BigDave what her true feelings about the situation are? She loses everything by him losing his job and income. She's doing just what 86% of all similar cases where woman are abused/beaten. This is just more in the public eye and she has a mechanism to make comments whether they are real or not.

The problem I have with the punishment is it doesn't follow anything the NFL has or had in place. I'm sure Rice will fight this and win whether that leads to another chance I doubt it.

I never once said I did know what her true feelings on the issue were but my point is, neither do you.

86% of all abused women marry their abuser?

If you think Rice is all done playing in the NFL, I believe you are kidding yourself.

I didn't say 86% of women who are abused marry their abuser clearly you didn't understand the stat. 14% of incidents get reported. Whether they are married, dating, acquaintances whatever. Yes I'm sure many women still marry the man who beat them. I see it on cops all the time. :-)

Where was the outrage then?

It was all out there. Especially directed towards the league for going soft on the 2 game suspension.

You hadn't seen/heard any of that?

As I stated before, there is NEVER any reason why a man should EVER hit a women, no excuse at all.

Totally agree Dr Jill, this kind of dump makes one sick. One is not a man if they a women.

Any man who would defend what that this loser did, well, I am not going type what I think of him, word filter would kick it out but I am sure the huge majority here knows what I would like to say.

I guess Big Dave has shown his true colors, good to many men do not think like Dave does. very sad to say theleast

So now reports came out today as I suspected they would that law enforcement sent a copy of that tape to the NFL months ago. Goodell should be banned from the league but my guess is that some low level clerical type will have to fall on the sword for him.

So now reports came out today as I suspected they would that law enforcement sent a copy of that tape to the NFL months ago. Goodell should be banned from the league but my guess is that some low level clerical type will have to fall on the sword for him.

Well, if the low level clerical type is the one that failed to escalate the video, then they deserve to fall on the sword. The NFL is a big organization, very easy for things to get lost in bureaucracy (I am certain my CEO doesn't know I exist, and I'm almost positive he doesn't even know my job function exists).

Goodell is a liar. I watched that interview on cbs yesterday and it was obvious he was full of bull. The guy has been making around 45 million a year he should just walk away it isn't like he will be hurting.

Harvey your affection for Big Dave cannot be hidden... grin

Yup, just like when a boy teases a girl on the playground. He usually likes her.

I guess Big Dave has shown his true colors, good to many men do not think like Dave does. very sad to say theleast

Please, let me know what my true colors are. While you're at it, please tell me how I think?