• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Still hunting pie plates!

Garett Svir

Hope you guys have a great holiday weekend. We've been at it chasing the bluegills around. Still finding most of our fish just outside of the deep weeds. On this particular outing we did the best fishing right on the break line, off a point on the wind blown side of the lake. As the weather starts to cool down in September these fish will start to transition out to deep water where they will suspend but for now the weed edges seem to be showing the most signs of life. My confidence jig has definately become the gold colored Dingle Drop from Clam. The dingle really drives these fish crazy. I may retire my collection of Lindy Fat Boys even. I also have hooked some big bass while chasing gills on recent outings. Might be a good tip for lake selection as these bass do a great job of trimming down the population of small gills so the big boys can thrive. Tight Lines full-38955-48654-20140824_170150.jpg

full-38955-48655-20140824_171848.jpg

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

It is good to know some giants are still out there.

Good one Garett smile Looking forward to hooking up on some suspended gills with you this fall.

I wonder when the walleyes will start to move? With the cooler August nights lately, the fall walleye bite might be kicking in sooner than normal.? We'll see soon enough.