• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Gopher Football 2014

SkunkedAgain

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CaptainMusky

• Big Dave2

• JBMasterAngler

• SkunkedAgain

Another nice win.

Jerry is good, no doubt!

Next week will be tough, but nice to play in a game that means so much december

Great come from behind win. After the refs jobbed us again so sweet to get the victory. Jerry Kill is for real Bucky will be tough bur it's been along time since we could say we've got a shot at the title with 1 game to play DrJ

Great win on the road, they found a way to win when in the past they always found a way to lose the close games.

I think this coaching staff has built a winning belief in these kids, another tough one next week but for today great job!

That was the most impressive win of the Kill era in my opinion. The resolve of this team to come back and then have the refs almost screw us over... Defense played a great second half and the offense showed some depth with Cobb out.

Prime time game next week vs. Wisconsin on a major network I'm thinking!

What a fun game to watch! I don't think I was even born yet the last time the last game of the season has so much meaning to it for the gophers! Anyone know the extent to Cobb's injury? Seemed like husker players were dropping like flies. Even though the wins over Michigan and Iowa were rivalry trophy games, I also think this was the biggest win of the season.

That was the most impressive win of the Kill era in my opinion. The resolve of this team to come back and then have the refs almost screw us over... Defense played a great second half and the offense showed some depth with Cobb out.

Prime time game next week vs. Wisconsin on a major network I'm thinking!

Agree. Those kids played awesome today. They could have easily hung their heads after the blocked fg but they stayed confident throughout the whole game. Its nice to see this team go into every game believing they can win.

Nay sayer right here. They have beaten nobody. Bring the axe home and prove they are not waisting taxpayer $.

I don't think anybody here is saying they are a tier one team in college football but they show signs of being pointed in the right direction ( 2nd consecutive 8 win season for only the second time in the last 50 years)

What's the wasting tax payer dollars comment you keep referring to? the football program funds itself besides some of the non revenue sports, last figure I saw was 50 cents of every dollar they brought in was profit.

Where are all the Mn Gohper nay sayers today, Kill is dump, can't win a big game, not going to a major bowl, well well looky see.

Where were all the Gopher optimists last week after the loss to Ohio State? Or after the Illinois loss? You could hear crickets chirping around here.

I hate to tell you but the Big 10 is as down as it's been in many many years. Gophers are peaking at the right time. Wisconsin is also down and very beatable so they might make a good game of it but I have a feeling there will be a lot of disappointment in here next week.

I will admit, Gophers are pretty fun to watch this year even though I rarely get to see an entire game. We'll see if this ends up being Jerry Kills peak or not.

Yeah big Dave how convenient. Remember way back when you asked me how many big ten games I thought the gophers would win and I said "3 or 4". Your reply "good luck with all that". So, the big ten is pathetic but even you the football expert didn't think they could win 3 or 4 games.

Yeah big Dave how convenient. Remember way back when you asked me how many big ten games I thought the gophers would win and I said "3 or 4". Your reply "good luck with all that". So, the big ten is pathetic but even you the football expert didn't think they could win 3 or 4 games.

You are right. I had 30 years of precedence that said they would not win more than 3 Big 10 games. How was I to know the entire Big 10 would be that pathetic?

There is a lot of parity in college football right now its not just the big ten and I don't know if that is necessarily a bad thing. There has been head scratchers all year today was no different.

The #3 team in the country (Fl state) has to pull another rabbit out of the hat again this week against 6-5 Stanford)

#8 Ole Miss gets crushed by 6-5 Arkansas

# 6 Ohio state has a scare against Indiana

Not exactly the kind of domination you would expect from top 10 teams

This is better than the 80's. I was at the 1983 84-13 game. That was terrible.

Then again the Packers could very well beat the Vikings by that much tomorrow.

Last year should have told you how bad the B10 could be. I think it has improved on last year, overall. I hope Coach Kill can recruit increasingly better players with his continued improvement.

Five teams in the Top25 is pathetic? That must be hyperbole.

This is a good team. They have to continue winning big games to pry the monkey of the program's back. This has been one of the most fun seasons to watch in years. I didn't have high hopes against Ohio State, and they almost won. I didn't have high hopes for winning in Lincoln, yet they did. It's been since 1993 in Madison and I've been at every game since. We've had leads there but could never hold them. It appears that we play better from behind. To be a great team they need to do both.

Since I'm not going to the game for once, maybe this will be their opportunity to win at Camp Randall.

There is a lot of parity in college football right now its not just the big ten and I don't know if that is necessarily a bad thing. There has been head scratchers all year today was no different.

The #3 team in the country (Fl state) has to pull another rabbit out of the hat again this week against 6-5 Stanford)

#8 Ole Miss gets crushed by 6-5 Arkansas

# 6 Ohio state has a scare against Indiana

Not exactly the kind of domination you would expect from top 10 teams

There's one team still dominating.

BamaWCU_zps1759227d.jpg

Alabama also lost to Old Miss, who put up a dud and lost 30-0 against Arkansas. College football has a lot more parity this year than previous years. The champion of any of the 5 power conferences has a good chance at the national title. The only problem is there are only 4 slots, and one team that should play isn't going to go.

Ooh the venerable catamounts from wcu. Perennial powerhouse that's a signature win for Sabin.

And the point is that the Tide dominated them as they should. What did the Gophers do against Illinois again?

The Gophers climbed to No. 22 in both the AP Poll and Coaches Poll on Sunday, coming off their 28-24 win at Nebraska.

This is the first time this season that they've cracked the AP Top 25. They were No. 24 in the Coaches Poll before their loss at Illinois on Oct. 25.

The Gophers (8-3, 5-2 Big Ten) have held down the No. 25 spot in the College Football Playoff rankings the past two weeks. Those rankings come out on Tuesdays.

The Gophers will play at Wisconsin (No. 14 both polls) on Saturday to determine the Big Ten West title.

Bryce, you must be a lot of fun to hang around with!!!!!

I fear that I have been chastised by an interweb princess. I stand by that they have beaten nobody, admit that they play the schedule handed to them, and point out that they have failed against any team with a glimmer of talent.

Must have been all the booster dollars that built that shiny new stadium.

And the point is that the Tide dominated them as they should. What did the Gophers do against Illinois again?

that game was a let down. Who are you trying to fool big Dave no one here is trying to say the gophers are better than Alabama or will contend for a national championship but this team under this coaching staff is making great strides. This is about the worst place most highly ranked HS athletes would want to go. Cold, snow, actually requiring kids to go to class and get decent grades but hey, thats what it takes. They have a hard time recruiting. They were set back nearly 10 years by that one-who-thinks-I-am-silly Brewster. Should have kept Mason.

Must have been all the booster dollars that built that shiny new stadium.

all from the guy who loves UND. Isn't that hypocritical where did they get their hockey arena?

LOL the naysayers on here are pathetic. What do you expect they just all of sudden are going to become one of the best teams in the nation. It is a process and they have been progressing very nicely these past few years.

Doesn't matter what they do next week, they win you'll say they haven't beat anyone and how bout a national championship. They lose and we'll get the same thing, didn't beat anyone this year, can't win the big games.

This is a pretty good team, despite having one joke of a quarterback.