• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Gopher Football 2014

SkunkedAgain

Ouch, speed kills. It will be tough to win against above average teams with that type of QB play. It's really too bad that we aren't better as the Big Ten is down this year. Hopefully we can still beat San Jose State next week and the lower tier teams in the Big Ten.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CaptainMusky

• Big Dave2

• JBMasterAngler

• SkunkedAgain

Kill has done many things right so far: improved defense, improved running game, a better run program in terms of academics/off-field issues. Unfortunately, he hasn't had success at two critical positions in modern football - QB and WR. The success that he's had warrants more time, since the Gophers haven't had much to cheer about in recent decades aside from the Glen Mason era.

At least we get to watch games outdoors. Losing indoors is just miserable.

Kill has done many things right so far: improved defense, improved running game, a better run program in terms of academics/off-field issues.

He had no where to go but up.

That's not true Big Dave. He could have gone nowhere.

He hasn't gone very far yet, in fact he could still be seen from nowhere last Saturday.

I think right now the thing that is holding them back the most is QB play. If Nelson were here I have a feeling they would be in a much different spot. I dont see Leidner being an effective passer. The guy behind him certainly has a ways to go too.

They have to find someone other than Williams to throw to because the teams will just key in on him all the time.

I am really perplexed as to why Edwards hasnt played more. They are so impressed with his speed and athleticism, get him out there. Involve him in some pistol sets or screens,etc to keep the defense honest. Needs to be some more creative use of the "talent" they do have. They have decent enough line talent on both sides of the ball, its just playmakers they are lacking in.

QB is STILL the issue...pretty solid team right now but they just don't have a "difference maker" taking the snaps.

Tough on Kill and Co. that Nelson didn't pan out...he was "their guy" that was supposed to be just that. He couldn't hit the broad side of a barn in his years at UM.

The pass offense is going to struggle all year...I see a 50/50 team because of that.

I like Liedner because he's a tough kid...good leader and all, but he struggles to throw the ball. That doesn't cut it in the BIG10.

^^This again^^!!

I have a feeling I could repeat this many times throughout the coming years if Liedner remains the QB.

Liedner came in as a TE prospect who played QB in high school...they should have kept him at TE.

Ha, great minds think alike. I didnt even see your earlier post. If Leidner could work on his touch and accuracy (wishful thinking) I think he has the skills to be a very good QB well at least more than capable, but he at times looks lost out there and doesnt get air under the ball and is so inaccurate. I have no idea who they have for recruits coming in, but they really need a difference maker in there.

For now, I think they should try and take as little pressure off him using gadget plays like I mentioned which should help free up the running game which is the strong suit.

Is Leidner playing on saturday? I heard mention on the news that he was hurt, but I didn't get the whole story.

I agree, they need to get much more creative on the offensive side of the ball. We only have two players who can turn the corner and hurt teams on the edge, those being Jones and Edwards. Need to use them on the jet sweep, screens and gadget plays. I'm wondering if Edwards is having trouble with the playbook because he needs to get more than 3 touches a game. Tough to run up the middle all game with 8 defensive guys in the box.

1 pass completion. Against San Jose State.

Does anyone still think this Jerry Kill program is still moving forward?

Did the gophers win? Besides I wasn't talking about you even though you and big Dave think everything about each one of you.

1 pass completion. Against San Jose State.

Does anyone still think this Jerry Kill program is still moving forward?

It is beyond pathetic. I am willing to bet they could have went out on the street and got one of the ISIS guys driving cab to put up passing stats that good. I am so glad they raped me with student fees to build their palace of below average mediocrity.

Troll alert. Why don't you focus on the SEC where over 90% of the criminals in the NFL come from big Dave.

Do you have a source for that claim?

Did the gophers win?

Yes, against San Jose State NOT Ohio State. In the process they accumulated 1 completed pass for 7 yards total. This is not the sign of a 4th year program heading in the right direction. If you think it is, you are fooling yourself.

Would 30 completions and a loss have been better?

It was San Jose State not Florida State or Alabama. You bring teams like that in to beat them by 30 points, not just squeak by. Barely beating that team is the same thing as losing. Might not win another game this year in a really terrible big 10.

The Gophers are right where they should be at this point 3-1. Sure they should have played better, but with the injuries and lack of QB play (read no passing attack), they are what they are. They have 5 games coming up where they need to win 3 and with an upset maybe 4 to get them back to a bowl game. With their schedule, 6 or 7 regular season wins and a win finally in a bowl game has to be viewed as progress. I know RR, Big Dave and LMT we need to set our goals higher, I know I know, gimmee a break!!!

How anyone can criticize the critics of this program is beyond me. They are abysmal, and anyone that cant see that is completely blind. Kill is terrible and should be fired. They wont do ANY more than they have at any point in the past 20 years. Not this year, not in the next 10. The gophers stadium is a giant waste of prime parking.

How anyone can criticize the critics of this program is beyond me. They are abysmal, and anyone that cant see that is completely blind. Kill is terrible and should be fired. They wont do ANY more than they have at any point in the past 20 years. Not this year, not in the next 10. The gophers stadium is a giant waste of prime parking.
No, abysmal is 0-4 with each loss more humiliating than the next. With Buck as the Gopher's AD, we would fire each head coach after a couple of games once Buck sniffed out the truth!