• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

Fishing Report Clubs - Make Your Own "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"!

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see detailed info that is shared. CLICK HERE to join.

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
FISHINGURU

Good Luck Teddy!!

corncob

Cassell starts , Teddy on double secret probation until further notice.

FISHINGURU

Or maybe Bigdave has a job and a life? What do you want to know? I'd be happy to enlighten you.

Did you already use up all your PTO so you could vacation in the Foosball thread?

LABS4ME

All that talk about "bubble" players.... Who was Teddy playing with on his side of the ball? That's right he was also playing with bubble players ,making them look good..

So he was just in another college game...you've already seen that! He looked good in college with the same talent level on his side of the ball against the same talent level on D. 1st team NFL defenses closing in on you every play will change your comfort level in the pocket...

Not saying he didn't play well... Just temper the love fest till he proves he can do it against a real NFL defense...

Good Luck!

Ken

FISHINGURU

I always love that one, if Vikings fans give props to their rookies they are love fests but if them same rookies don't do good all the haters are in the thread saying how their careers are going to be horrible based off the same preseason.

He dominated the "bubble" players, that's what a good rookie should do. I don't think many people here think he would of done the same type of thing against the Cards 1st team defense.

I know the Packer Backers and the Foosball lovers wanted him to lay another egg but he didn't.

LABS4ME

I'm a packer fan... But like to watch all football... I like to seet rookies develop into players... Just saying, dont annoint him the second coming of Tark quite yet... It's one game... Against a poor defense.

LMITOUT

Bigdave and LMIt are conspicuously absent. Right on cue.

Didn't see the game. Was busy folding socks and sticking my head in a giant vat of asphalt, which was much more entertaining and satisfying that listening to that dope Paul Allen. At least the next two games will be away so we'll get some professional announcers for once.

SkunkedAgain

Teddy needs to be the starter on day one
I'm positive that I can go and find the same quotes from many on this forum about Ponder back in 2011.

No doubt that Bridgewater is looking good. I think that both QBs are benefiting from being in Norv Turner's system. The guy knows how to build QBs. He's also not prone to pressure so I have very little doubt that Cassel will start the season and hopefully finish it. Spielman only got Cassel to come back with the promise of getting a legitimate shot to be the starter.

The Vikings aren't on the verge of anything, so I don't understand the haste some have to throw him into the game. That works for some players but not for others. It's a complicated game especially at the QB system. Who cares if Cam Newton did it for Carolina as a rookie? I'd rather have Bridgewater be the man for the Vikings a couple seasons down the road then go through a Ponder or David Carr scenario.

CaptainMusky

Didn't see the game. Was busy folding socks and sticking my head in a giant vat of asphalt, which was much more entertaining and satisfying that listening to that dope Paul Allen. At least the next two games will be away so we'll get some professional announcers for once.

so you only "watch" the game when something happens that meets you shtick. Got it go back and bury your head in sand again.

BTW PA did the first game yet you were able to watch that one?

Big Dave2

Or maybe Bigdave has a job and a life? What do you want to know? I'd be happy to enlighten you.

Big Dave2

CaptainMusky

Bigdave I have always agreed the mauer and morneau deals were ridiculous. It hamstrung them since they weren't willing to spend more on other players to be competitive.

Big Dave2

Bigdave I have always agreed the mauer and morneau deals were ridiculous. It hamstrung them since they weren't willing to spend more on other players to be competitive.

It's funny then how I was about the only one here arguing that position at the time.............

CaptainMusky

It's funny then how I was about the only one here arguing that position at the time.............

I dont know what to tell you other than I hate baseball and never posted in there???

LMITOUT

so you only "watch" the game when something happens that meets you shtick.

Yes, I only watch games in which I know the outcome beforehand.

crazy

CaptainMusky

Clearly you understood what I was getting at LMIT.

PurpleFloyd

Teddy needs to be the starter on day one

fishersofmen

Maybe after Ponder sits this year he will turn into something special...

traveler

Teddy looked pretty good again last night. Yeah yeah, I know...preseason, he's playing against scrubs who will be working at Mcdonalds next week....whatever. He's doing what they want him to do in the situations they put him in, right now that's good enough for me to give him a thumbs up.

And 3 picks? By the Vikings?? Gotta LOVE to see that!

fishersofmen

It may be a while before Teddy hits the field with a pro-bowl QB playing in front of him.

FISHINGURU

That will be great for the Vikes if Cassel is a Pro Bowler this year. The one nice thing about him is he's not afraid to let it rip down the field.

If Teddy don't see the field at all this year in regular season that is a good sign for the team. I have a feeling we will be seeing him at some point this season though.

I like what I'm seeing from this squad already, the score doesn't matter in preseason but how you execute and play with passion does.

It's nice to have some real coaching and systems out there, we are keeping it vanilla and it's already more exciting then anything we've seen the past few years on both sides of the ball.

CaptainMusky

Just wait when Peterson is out there. I agree if teddy doesn't hit the field this year that's a good thing because Cassel is playing well and we're winning.

fishersofmen

If the offensive line plays well this offense will be more than fine. Hopefully the defense can continue turning the ball over and make some big plays this year. Objects in the mirror may be closer than they appear!!

harvey lee

If and when Cassel has a bit of a rough stretch, I see Teddy in for some experience maybe depending on the score.

Our O line has been pretty good so far and the D has also been doing a better job.

I cannot wait to get AP into the mix as that will give the oppositions D a lot more to worry about.

A lot of the credit can go to our new Coaching staff in total, it looks to have given the players a new hope.

Least this season, there is some hope and one can see improvements on this team.

CANOPY SAM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe TB is actually putting up more points, and more yards then Cassel. Kansas City kind of shut down Cassel in the second quarter, but when TB came in the offense started moving the ball down field almost effortlessly. Cassel put up a few points, but TB's crew humiliated KC's defense!

I could certainly be wrong, but I sense a real confidence in our O-line with TB at the helm. He's got a distinct feel for what's going on out there, and he reacts accordingly. Pretty impressive for a rookie.

CaptainMusky

Canopy, I dont think you are wrong in saying that at all. In fact, I was going to comment that aside from the 53 yard pass play to Patterson, I thought Cassel played average. He made some bad passes. TB has put up more points, but at the same time I think he has been on the field more too.

I am encouraged by what he has shown though. Definitely progresses each week. It is so nice to see a guy (regardless of rookie or not) stand in the pocket and make MULTIPLE reads on a play. Not laser in on a receiver and take off running if the play isnt there. His pocket presence has gotten better as well. Mistakes he made in the first game have disappeared.

Its preseason, so there is a long way to go yet. I wonder if he is going to play much on Thursday? I know Ponder will get some extended time, but how much will Teddy get?

Slabasaurus

Clearly you understood what I was getting at LMIT.

I'm not sure about that. He did say he was sticking his head in a vat of asphalt... can't imagine the fumes from that do anything to help one's understanding of anything except what "lightheaded" feels like.

Slabasaurus

Sounds like the vikes named Cassel the week 1 starter.

Never thought I'd say this... but I'm okay with that. He's exceeded my (admittedly and quite biased low) expectations this preseason.

I agree with FOM though, real test will be the defense. Our defense was quite terrible last year.

CANOPY SAM

It's obvious by now that Cassel is going to be the go to guy. But again, last night TB moved the ball extremely well, worked the pocket with confidence, scrambled only when he needed to, and commanded the offense with relative ease.

Ponder came in and his performance was right on par with previous years. Field goal, field goal, field goal.... laugh

I like Teddy. I hope we get to see more of him on the field this year then most seem to expect. With our schedule early season our defense is going to have to be stellar. Otherwise we're going to have to put up points like a slot machine! eek

ANYFISH2

The two thing that jumps out at me with Teddy are, his emotions stay level good or bad like he's been there before. Also he throws a perfect fade, that will be tough to stop in the red zone.

CaptainMusky

You guys notice he wasn't wearing gloves when it was a downpour?