• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Good Luck Teddy!!

FISHINGURU

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CaptainMusky

• FISHINGURU

• Big Dave2

• PurpleFloyd

Norv has been stressing "getting the ball out quicker" all off-season long. I'm sure there is going to be some re-learning and adjusting to playing "faster" than he has in the past. Cassel the same thing...

Glad to see he's making the effort...mistakes should and almost HAVE to be made in order for him to take the next step.

A simple learning curve.....

Norv has been stressing "getting the ball out quicker" all off-season long. I'm sure there is going to be some re-learning and adjusting to playing "faster" than he has in the past. Cassel the same thing...

Glad to see he's making the effort...mistakes should and almost HAVE to be made in order for him to take the next step.

A simple learning curve.....

If the learning curve was easy Tarvaris Jackson would still be our starting QB

Purple...

I wasn't implying that the learning curve was easy at all...that's just what he's fighting thru right now.

In fact, as a rookie QB in the NFL, the learning curve may be the most difficult one to attain as any position in all of sport.

Norv's pushing him hard...he's asking him to do things that feel unnatural to him right now. Failure on a play in training camp can be more important than success in reaching his full potential. Failure is a great teacher.

That potential may not be realized for a year or two...just like most of the franchise QB's we have in the league right now.

I don't think anything was easy for Junkson, all you had to do is listen to the guy talk.

It's practice plain and simple, that's what practice is. They are looking to see what everyone can and can not do, they are running new plays, they are testing guys on the bubble. They are doing things they wouldn't do in a game.

If the coaches tell the QB to just throw it up because they want to see if this undrafted rookie WR can jump and fight for the ball and it ends up being an INT that isn't really on the QB. If the ball hits a guy right in the hands but pops out into the defenders hands that really isn't on the QB.

Now if he's over throwing the WR's by 10 yards right into the FS or SS hands, or making bad short throws right to a LB, that would be bad decisions and poor throws.

Saying a guy threw 2 or 3 INT's today in practice doesn't mean much.

If Johnny Foosball did it they'd be saying how daring and confident he is in his arm lol.

If Johnny Foosball did it they'd be saying how daring and confident he is in his arm lol.

Isnt that the truth.

This is fun...

I think that even if Teddy doesn't throw anymore INT's in practice I'm going to report that he did just to see what excuses are trotted out here.

This is fun...

I think that even if Teddy doesn't throw anymore INT's in practice I'm going to report that he did just to see what excuses are trotted out here.

next time make sure the number exceeds the number we're used to seeing our QB's toss up during an actual game.

3? Shiiiiiiit that's nothing! I bet Cassel/Ponder wrecking crew can toss up more than that in a last minute game losing drive!

Yeah, why the silence, there's still plenty of things to complain about, Ponder, the defense, Darin Nelson from 30 years ago?

If I may politely interject? I'd say the kid looked pretty darn good last night! smile

I'm cautiously optimistic about the season. They're moving the ball pretty well, and the defense is stepping up nicely.

Just my two cents....

He played more up to the hype last night for sure. Granted it was against Arizona's scrubs but at least he got things done. Cassel looked good again hopefully he can keep it up.

I find it interesting that the announcers are much like some of the board members. They had Cassell anointed as the starter by half time, and were at a loss for :confused words by games end...... confused

I don't think how Bridgewater played in the second half changes who the starter will be game 1. Cassel has played OK definitely hasn't lost the starting job if it was his to begin with but Bridgewater certainly opened some eyes that maybe they finally have a cutthroat qb. Time will tell on that but he was sharp and the last drive was nice regardless of who it was against.

Agreed.

Bridgewater needs time to learn and develop.

His passing accuracy and poise were pleasant to see.

I also like that he isn't always looking to run.

It is going to help a tad once AP is in there also.

Should be fun to see how this plays out.

This 3rd preseason game will tell who they are ready to roll with as our starter,the QB starting that game will probably play 3 quarters.

More then likely Cassel will be our starter for the beginning of the season. I'm ok with that he's got the most experience with our core players on offense. Norv likes Cassel and supposedly wanted him last yr so he's probably a nice fit.

Our 1st team offense has been pretty good and we haven't even brought in the BEAST yet. I can't wait to see them spread it out and let AP run in space.

As for Teddy that last game was great, accuracy, touch, poise, audibles/protections, looking off defenders, scanning the field, hanging tight in the pocket, clock management, no turnovers. They weren't sitting back and letting him pick apart a zone either they were bringing heat from every where. That was a nice test and he answered on everything. I'm not saying he's arrived but that is everything you could ask for to see in a Rookie QB. Hopefully he can keep learning and progressing to be consistent.

Teddy needs to be the starter on day one. Cassel is a nice bit player but he has limited potential and doesn't come through in the clutch. Bridgewater delivers when the pressure is on and if he starts the season he will end up being the best QB in the division at the end of the year.

Teddy needs to be the starter on day one. Cassel is a nice bit player but he has limited potential and doesn't come through in the clutch. Bridgewater delivers when the pressure is on and if he starts the season he will end up being the best QB in the division at the end of the year.

Purple...did Walgreens run out of your prescription??

Teddy looked great last night but Rodgers is arguably the best QB in the league...let's not get ahead of ourselves quite yet.

I think Cassel is the starter day one...he's been very good this pre-season. I think the team "looks" at him as their starter and I think that goes a long ways in a teams confidence.

It was nice to see Teddy "break-out" so to speak...the next few years should be great watching him hopefully hit his potential!!

Purple is obviously kidding... No way best in division. Unless the other 3 division QBs go on IR, he is not better than Rogers, Cutler or Stafford and I have no love loss for cry baby Cutler or butter face stafford... Bridgewater is even behind the 4th best QB in the division and he is a marginal starter. We'll see how he does against a #1 defense... Instead of bubble players...

Good Luck!

Ken

All that talk about "bubble" players.... Who was Teddy playing with on his side of the ball? That's right he was also playing with bubble players ,making them look good. I am not going to lie, I don't want to see him start game 1 I didn't even like the pick when they drafted him, but he looked good last night under serious pressure. As far as the vikings go, their offense has look solid despite no AD but their defense looks horrible, first team or bubble players, it doesn't matter they look bad right now. Hopefully the learn the system more and look better when the real season gets here.

Bigdave and LMIt are conspicuously absent. Right on cue.

Or maybe Bigdave has a job and a life? What do you want to know? I'd be happy to enlighten you.

Purple is obviously kidding... No way best in division. Unless the other 3 division QBs go on IR, he is not better than Rogers, Cutler or Stafford and I have no love loss for cry baby Cutler or butter face stafford... Bridgewater is even behind the 4th best QB in the division and he is a marginal starter. We'll see how he does against a #1 defense... Instead of bubble players...

Good Luck!

Ken

Rodgers is china. Won't last 7 games.

Or maybe Bigdave has a job and a life? What do you want to know? I'd be happy to enlighten you.

how about start with your expert analysis on last nights game. I'm sure you have an opinion.

I don't think how Bridgewater played in the second half changes who the starter will be game 1. Cassel has played OK definitely hasn't lost the starting job if it was his to begin with but Bridgewater certainly opened some eyes that maybe they finally have a cutthroat qb. Time will tell on that but he was sharp and the last drive was nice regardless of who it was against.

Exactly. Cassel has been simply moving the ball well, and that is without Peterson in the backfield to get 8 men into the box. No reason not to let him have the day one start. Either way, it is good to see there be competition because both played well, as opposed to both struggling.

28/36 | 322 yards | 8.7 avg | 3 TD | 0 INT | 1-8 Sack-Yards

I don't care who is throwing the ball, if our team passing line looks anything like that in a regular season game that is outstanding.