• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Good Luck Teddy!!

FISHINGURU

You guys notice he wasn't wearing gloves when it was a downpour?

Yep, Zimmer's interview after halftime said they noticed in practice that he had a better grip on the ball when it was wet using bare hands.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CaptainMusky

• FISHINGURU

• Big Dave2

• LMITOUT

All of our guys including Teddy have played well so far on the road and in bad weather conditions. Not much for penalties or turnovers either, them kind of things help you win football games.

We can beat any team in the NFL if we don't shoot ourselves in the foot all the time like in the past.

Forgive me Dave, but I honestly don't know what that means? IALTO? I'm almost 50 yrs old man, and not too "cool" anymore. smile

I'm hopeful, but it remains to be seen how we stand up against some of the superstar loaded offenses out there. We've got a tough division, and the early season schedule will test both our offense and defense.

3-5 games into the season will show us a lot more about what this new team is really made of. I'm extremely optimistic about the coaching changes though!!! I honestly think that's a HUGE part of why our early offense is moving the ball so well. Smart play calling! Something we haven't seen for many years. wink

The running game looks good, and we haven't even seen AP take the field. They could potentially put together an amazing run offense with him on the field, and with good arms, and good plays being executed, who knows?

It stands for I ALWAYS LOVE THAT ONE.

I thought it was common knowledge that any team can win any given game in the NFL. If you don't turn the ball over and don't get a lot of penalties and the other team does you are likely to win. There's probably even stats out there to prove it for ya Big Dave!!

It stands for I ALWAYS LOVE THAT ONE.

I thought it was common knowledge that any team can win any given game in the NFL. If you don't turn the ball over and don't get a lot of penalties and the other team does you are likely to win. There's probably even stats out there to prove it for ya Big Dave!!

Turning the ball over and committing lots of penalties is a sign of an inferior team. You make it sound like you could take a bunch of 7th graders and beat an NFL team as long as you don't commit penalties or turn the ball over. The reason a team turns the ball over and commits penalties is they are not as good a team as their opponent, the other team in most cases is in some way forcing these mistakes. If you have a better team than the opposition then obviously you will commit less of these mistakes.

Forgive me Dave, but I honestly don't know what that means? IALTO? I'm almost 50 yrs old man, and not too "cool" anymore. smile

I'm almost 45 and never was cool but I listen to the Common Man show on KFAN from time to time. It's a 20 year old shtick but I still find humor in it. If you don't live in the metro area you can listen online or podcast the KFAN shows.

We can beat any team in the NFL if we don't shoot ourselves in the foot all the time like in the past.

Lindsay-Lohan-Spits-Out-Drink.gif

You can tell it's the beginning of the season when delusions of grandeur are never in short supply from the fan base.

Turning the ball over and committing lots of penalties is a sign of an inferior team. You make it sound like you could take a bunch of 7th graders and beat an NFL team as long as you don't commit penalties or turn the ball over. The reason a team turns the ball over and commits penalties is they are not as good a team as their opponent, the other team in most cases is in some way forcing these mistakes. If you have a better team than the opposition then obviously you will commit less of these mistakes.

Here comes the dynamic duo of Big Dave and LMIT with their GIFS!!

Sorry you take that as a 7th grade team can beat an NFL team if they don't turn the ball over or have penalties. You need to watch more PRO football if you don't see every week most of the games come down to a play or two. You get the occasional blowouts when one of the teams TURN THE BALL OVER and HAS A LOT OF PENALTIES.

That was my point, we haven't turned the ball over or had a lot of penalties, if you play that kind of football you can beat any team any given Sunday.

We'll find out soon when the Vikes take some of these first 6 games from some of the better teams in the NFL.

If the Vikes would of took Big Daves and LMITs advice we'd have Johnny Foosball right now and could come out of the gate 6-0. LMMFAO

This 3rd preseason game will tell who they are ready to roll with as our starter,the QB starting that game will probably play 3 quarters.

More then likely Cassel will be our starter for the beginning of the season. I'm ok with that he's got the most experience with our core players on offense. Norv likes Cassel and supposedly wanted him last yr so he's probably a nice fit.

Our 1st team offense has been pretty good and we haven't even brought in the BEAST yet. I can't wait to see them spread it out and let AP run in space.

As for Teddy that last game was great, accuracy, touch, poise, audibles/protections, looking off defenders, scanning the field, hanging tight in the pocket, clock management, no turnovers. They weren't sitting back and letting him pick apart a zone either they were bringing heat from every where. That was a nice test and he answered on everything. I'm not saying he's arrived but that is everything you could ask for to see in a Rookie QB. Hopefully he can keep learning and progressing to be consistent.

Teddy certainly looks more game ready than JF. JF didn't display any of those things I have in bold this pre-season.