• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Good Luck Teddy!!

FISHINGURU

Lets hope he turns into the real deal or else we are down another road of mediocrity for a few yrs!!

Good luck to all the rookies, most excited I've been for a preseason game in awhile.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CaptainMusky

• FISHINGURU

• Big Dave2

• PurpleFloyd

Cassel will be the starter and hopefully has a solid year. Did you guys see Cassel and Bridgewater standing next to eachother? Teddy looks like a little boy standing next to him. Talk about exaggerated size no way this dude is 6-2.

That showing by Toiletwater was abysmal. We should have just kept T-junk.

And why the heck isnt Audie Cole out there over Jasper Brinkley??

Bridgewater will be a nothing in this league.

Oh for Pete's sake, it was his first time on the field in his rookie year. Little early to declare anyone a bust.

Teddy looked ok. He does have a quick release and seems like he has good pocket presence. He doesn't have the timing down yet. I also thought he got tackled really easy in the pocket. On two sacks I thought wow, he went down easy. He has promise, but he looked like the rookie he is. Don't expect much from him this year. The best thing for him would be a year or 2 whined Cassel.

I'm sure the coaches tell those guys, especially a new QB, to not fight and struggle to avoid getting tackled. Best to just fall and take the sack in meaningless preseason games and avoid injury.

Not going to judge Teddy after a few plays, that would be foolish to say the least. I would guess Cassel will start and Teddy will get in when they have a game where they can put him in for some experience.

I thought the Vike's looked ok or a bit better in the 1st quarter last night. I know it is a preseason game but one can have some hope for a average season to rebuild. Offense did not look to bad for a preseason game considering we did not use the best running back in football. Putting him in changes everything.

He will end up being Ponder #2.

On the other hand I watched Garoppalo play for New England and that kid looked like a stud. He may very well be the best QB of this year's class.

Bridgewater doesn't have the size,strength or ability to be anything more than the 4th best QB in this division.

The saddest part though was watching Kalil get outplayed by the Raiders RDE. He looks even worse than last year.

Teddy could end up being Ponder #2 but that jury is out yet.

I believe Cassel will be our go to QB for the year short of a injury. I also think Pondwater will be traded during the season when a team has an injury and needs a QB kinda quick, Ponder would fit in there as a back up. Then, maybe we could get something for him. Ponder is not the answer for the Vikes and I do not believe the new coaches will keep him around for long.

Teddy could end up being Ponder #2 but that jury is out yet.

He cant throw the ball down the field just like Ponder. Goes through the progressions and then hit the check down. You dont get a wide open window in the pros like you do in college. A few of the 15 yard passes he did throw bounced 3 yards in front of the recievers feet. He will suck.

The offense certainly didn't look in sync when tedy was in there. Was it him or was it them? Several penalties on the first few plays. Its definitely a different style of play when he is in there than Cassel since he looks like a fossil in the pocket.

Without a doubt Cassel looked much better than Teddy. Seems the penalties came when teddy came in.

Buck, this was his first preseason game and he did not play much. We can afford to at least give the QB coach a little time to work with Teddy to see if it helps.

Don't know that we need to throw Teddy under the bus after the little he played for the 1st in the Pro's. Now, give him some time and if he does not improve, well then, you may be correct.

Cassel should look better then Teddy in the 1st preseason game.

The sad part is Blunder, I'd cut him and not even waste a roster spot. I'd rather keep some young guy that is on the bubble at a position of need then a bottom of the barrel 3rd string QB. We could do better in free agency if Cassel or Teddy gets hurt during the season.

It was his first game and Pre-Season at that. Do I think he will be great and our long term QB, who knows, time will tell. But you can't solely judge him off last night.

What I find odd is how horrible Ponder looks even against a 3rd string defense. He needs to go.

It was his first game and Pre-Season at that. Do I think he will be great and our long term QB, who knows, time will tell. But you can't solely judge him off last night.

What I find odd is how horrible Ponder looks even against a 3rd string defense. He needs to go.

Whatever you have to tell yourself I guess.

The guy has been throwing the ball for most of his life. Hitting a wide open receiver on a 15 and out should be routine and EASY for someone that got this far. I can see missing by a little, but he was missing by A LOT, and just like Ponder he gets the happy feet. Sure hope I can fight off death for another 5-10 year and we get someone else in here. I would sure love to at least make it to the SB ONCE before I die. Whether its his first game or his 100th those throws should be very easy for him to make. Dink and dunk here we come.

Buck an ornery SOB such as yourself will live a long time. Probably outlast the NFL.

There were three or four drops by our recievers also. He didn't get much time to throw it down field. Sullivan doesn't have the size to pick up the inside blitz's. Just saying

Buck you are wrong about everything!

Any time you want to make a little wager I am ready.

He didn't get much time to throw it down field.

To me, this was a big chunk of the problem last year as well. When the line gives you no time it's hard to make passes. I think Ponder would have done much better last year if the line had given him some time.

To me, this was a big chunk of the problem last year as well. When the line gives you no time it's hard to make passes. I think Ponder would have done much better last year if the line had given him some time.

Did you see Ponder's putrid performance Friday night? Doesn't matter how much time you get if you can't hit the broad side of a barn.

Blunder looked like the real rookie, man what a bunch of horrid throws and decisions. I wouldn't even waste the roster spot anymore.

You guys can dring the purple kool aid all you want but Buck is right on this time. Bridgewater will more than likely end up to be a bust but it will take 3-4 years to find out. Should have drafted Johnny Football........

I did, he's horrible no doubt. But that line does no favors to the QB's.

It goes both ways too. The QB was doing no favors to the line.

Anybody remember a recent hof qb playing his last season of career and how bad looked behind a weak line?

Not saying that will be problem this year but line play makes a huge difference.

Three interceptions in practice yesterday (four if the defender wouldn't have dropped it).

Good luck Teddy is right!