• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Marcum's RT9 Ice Sonar

fisherman-andy

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CaptainMusky

• LMITOUT

• Putn'am ondaLine

• DTro

I just have to wonder how efficient it would be trying to incorporate a foreign tablet to their hardware (ports, carrying case, etc) and still retain the compact form factor. You know that someone would try to use their Samsung 12.2" tablet and then complain that it doesn't fit in the case.

These days people have a tough time just breathing on their own without someone reminding them to, let alone figure out if their tablet is compatible or not.

I don't see a problem with this tablet supposedly being obsolete. Does it work for it's intended purpose? Nobody has one but I would assume that it does so who cares if it doesn't have the latest whiz-bang screen, memory, or processor.

MarCum PanCam

The new MarCum WiFi PanCam immediately sets the bar for how mobile camera systems should

work.

Much more than just a way to view what your underwater camera is seeing, you now can control

your camera from up to 300 feet away. Remotely change camera direction

with exclusive "Swipe To Rotate" functionality. Capture still images or

record videos and instantly save them to your photo or video library...

or even post to Facebook or Twitter. When connected to your camera, the

MarCum WiFi System and free MarCum app connects you, your smartphone or

tablet and camera into one advanced, integrated system.

The MarCum WiFi Systems give you the freedom to move around the ice and

still keep an eye on the action. Free MarCum App gives mobile control

and even allows networking multiple cameras to one-smartphone or tablet

for incredible on the ice Coverage.

The app is available on Google Play.

Saw this today at thorne bros ice fishing mod show. The screen is a tablet with wifi connectability along with lake maps card, gps, and "3 modules". Modules are transducers and cameras so u can have any combination of 3 modulez you choose. The big addition on this is the gps which was lacking from the lx9 which everyone wanted. They did that and a little bit more. I will admit it blows my HB 597 away but in no way will I pay that much for electronics. I think its actually better served on a boat where u can have 2 ducers (1 front, 1 back) plus camera all working simultaneously but thats alot of $$$$$ if u break up the partz and can get cheaper individually.

I also looked at it at thorne bros today. I am in the market after selling my vexilar but I think i am going to go with a lx7 and a pancam from marcum I don't need the gps I have a phone and a tablet that work fine for that

LMITOUT-

For $1600, it better have the latest and greatest everything...

Perfect example of how society gets used to paying insanely high prices for marginal-junky products without taking a minute to think about the value of their dollar. Think about what you else you could buy for $1600...

I just have to wonder how efficient it would be trying to incorporate a foreign tablet to their hardware (ports, carrying case, etc) and still retain the compact form factor. You know that someone would try to use their Samsung 12.2" tablet and then complain that it doesn't fit in the case.

These days people have a tough time just breathing on their own without someone reminding them to, let alone figure out if their tablet is compatible or not.

I don't see a problem with this tablet supposedly being obsolete. Does it work for it's intended purpose? Nobody has one but I would assume that it does so who cares if it doesn't have the latest whiz-bang screen, memory, or processor.

Couldn't agree more!

Perfect example of how society gets used to paying insanely high prices for marginal-junky products without taking a minute to think about the value of their dollar.

It sure will buy a top end lowrance or humminbird and with a bigger screen...and with down imagine...and side imagine.

I think the tablet that comes with the unit is a joke. Sure, the tablet does what it needs to do right now and nothing more. In a year or two when they come out with a better camera, or some other accessory that has better specs/output than what this tablet can convey then what?

Why build a unit like this and include a tablet that has less potential than all other tablets on the market right now? The whole intent of this unit is plug and play accessories, and the idea of the build was founded on a unit that wouldn't be hindered by ever changing accessories. Except they missed the boat with most important part of the system....

Like what Marcum has done here. It will be something new every year with the speed technology changes. Will you catch more fish with it? Will it make you a better fisher person? Maybe but for some its just having the latest and greatest. You know Vex has to have something in the pipeline to compete with this. So with a camera and ducer you could have about $2k into this thing? Sorry, I'll pass and wait to see what Vex comes out with. Competition is a good thing.

I love Marcum, and there is no doubt the LX-7 blows any Vex out of the water, but I don't see this new one succeeding very well.

All I know is that its pretty cool to see companies continue to advance and add some new things. In the end, the businesses are there to make money.

It's a lot of money but some cool feature for sure.

I wonder though if it can run 3 transducers at a time, will it be the first unit ever to interfere with itself?

Yep, every time there is the newest and best coming out, it cheapens the previous newest and best. Thanks for making this and would also like to thank the people for buying it wink No way I would smile In a year or two something like the 7 will be affordable to the average Joe blow out there.

What are the specs on the tablet? I've looked but haven't been able to find anything except the screen size.

I would post them but the file is on a 1989's era floppy disc and I can't find a floppy drive anywhere. grin

Ill still be catching just as many fish with my LX5 5 years from now. A locator only marks fish , a good fisherman goes out and finds them and catches them.

I guess I don't see the problem with the tablet, as long as it does what it is asked what more do you need? The unit is already priced high, I can't imagine how high it would be if it was a high end tablet.

I can't imagine the logistics nightmare of letting people use their own tablets, that sounds like a customer service disaster in the making.

I am a huge fan of Marcum and think the "idea" of this is great but it misses the mark. Far too expensive and the fact you cannot split screen is ridiculous. Yeah I'm sure that will come later but look into this deeper guys. The pancam requires use of your cell data package if you use that with your personal phone or tablet. I pointed this out in reference to a press release and now suspiciously that little piece of info has been removed from the presser.

Lmit, sorry to mix two units together but the pan can can be purchased to use with your own cellphone and or tablet. In this fashion it does indeed use your cell data plan to share the video feed. Marcum had it in the press release initially and even confirmed it on Facebook. This piece of information has since been removed from the press release.

See video above. It uses wi-fi.

You set up a local wi-fi network between the phone/tablet and the PanCam. Good for 300' (per the specs).

It would be similar to a GoPro with wi-fi in which you can use a mobile device to control the GoPro, watch videos, change settings, etc.

Wi-Fi Transmitter Base (up to 300 ft. range) and Marcum Manta Camera 1/3" Sony Super HAD II

50 ft. camera cable with built-in spool reel for cable storage

Fully integrated camera pinner

Internal Battery-6-8 hours of run time and 110 volt wall charger

Marcum Deluxe Padded Soft case and Marcum Control App (downloadable)

"The union between your smart device and the MarCum Technologies Pan Cam is made via WiFi, but If you wanted to record and share those images/video beyond device from a remote location, you could do so with your phone’s mobile data package." Right from Facebook. Its the sharing and uploading part I'm talking about.

OK, well that's a different aspect of the complete package and not what you had posted above. Regardless, it's really nothing to get one's pants in a bunch about and most people today would expect that using their cell data is how this information would be shared. After all, once the video/snapshot is on your phone how would you expect to share it? I surely wouldn't blame MarCum for this nor is it a "red flag" of any sort on this product. smirk

If you're talking about sharing the LIVE video feed, well that uses wi-fi too as long as your buddies have the app on their phone/tablet and are within range.

True my initial post didn't say "share" data feed in it but my second did and that's what I meant. Sorry to mislead.

Surely someone could expect that but then WHY remove it from the press release? It could end up like the dad of a 13 year old girl whose phone doesn't have an unlimited text plan and ends up with a $3000 bill one month.

It could end up like the dad of a 13 year old girl whose phone doesn't have an unlimited text plan and ends up with a $3000 bill one month.

If they are that dumb to think that somehow the MarCum video/picture on their phone is different than any other video/picture on their phone and that it can be sent around the world magically for free, then they deserve the bill at the end of the month.