• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Marcum's RT9 Ice Sonar

fisherman-andy

MARCUM RT-9

RT9-CMB_3402590_ssi_pic1.jpg

Impressive? Discuss, what do you think?

Brief product description:

Electronics have played a major role in evolving the sport of ice fishing. Now its time for the sport to evolve the electronics, MarCums RT-9 is the result. The Revolutionary RT-9 expandable platform allows anglers to unite ice sonar, open water sonar and underwater camera viewing into one 9" ruggedized Touchscreen tablet. Modular data ports connect MarCums Legendary High Power Sonar and Underwater Camera, and for the first time allow anglers to simulcast real-time intel from three locations on one screen. Features full 3-D Navionics Mapping compatibility with access to the sensational Navionics+Community, internal power for handheld operation, the unit also runs Android apps, movies, and games.The modular concept allows users to build their own system, with 3 data ports the user can start with MarCums Ice Sonar, then add an Open Water Sonar or Camera Module later. Multi-dimensional selectable views include traditional flasher, vertical or chart. The camera module feeds in a live glimpse of the world below, with a full on-screen display of temperature, depth, and direction overlay the sharpest underwater imaging, and a built in DVR. With multiple Sonar Modules user can view multiple holes on one display, operating and displaying independently the RT-9 can simulcast sonar or camera signals from 3 locations. Comes with the RT-9 performance pack, which includes a soft-pack shuttle for RT-9 GPS Touchscreen Tablet, docking cradle, RAM accessories allowing for compact storage and efficient portability,dual beam sonar module, 12-volt 9-amp battery and charger.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CaptainMusky

• LMITOUT

• Putn'am ondaLine

• DTro

About time! Like what I see. Wonder what the price is and compatibility with map chips?

I've found prices ranging from $1000 to $1500 in my limited searching. Very little info avail so not sure what that all includes for that price.

Very intrigued.

NICE! I think pricing will be in the $1300-$1400. I would love to have one and mount it on the boat in the summer.

This seems to be what everyone was asking for and much more when the lx7 and 9 came out. Is this going to be out this season? Funny it's not in the 2014-15 Iceforce catalog. Nice work Marcum!

I wonder if the red protectors on the side will float the screen and if it's waterproof? I know if it comes off to play games and watch movies it's going to make its way into a hole.

Yes I believe it will be at the St. Paul Show being sold. As will the new phone/camera panner.

Waay to much electronics for me, I dont like pi$$$ing $$$ away I dont have endless supplies of it. Im sure it will b fun but I prefer major purchases to b under $500 so ill wait 3-4 years till its obsolete when all dump it for the next big thing just like the copilot link will already b obsolete with the ulterra this fall. I lovr technology but the pricing is absurd. Bet they sell out at the ice shows though specially for guides who can write them off.

I'm a diehard vex guy but dang that looks sweet. Navionics, camera, and ability to use three transducers. Wow. Anyone looking for a used FLX-28 smile Let's hope vex has got something up their sleeve. Hard to beat this.

Very nice! I love how Marcum is pushing the boundaries but the price tag is a bit hefty. I think the LX7 will do me just fine for now. If they could keep it under that $1000 mark, it would be less of a wallet scare!

Whole lot of money right there!

I know there is a push for an "all in one" flasher/camera/gps unit, but my concern with that type of product is what happens when one of the components quits working. You're going to have to send it in to get fixed and then you're out the remaining items.

Very nice! I love how Marcum is pushing the boundaries but the price tag is a bit hefty. I think the LX7 will do me just fine for now. If they could keep it under that $1000 mark, it would be less of a wallet scare!
Agreed. The prices I have seen are beyond that and that is without the camera. I wonder what those will go for.

I did find this which I think is insanely cool:

http://usa.rapala.com/catalog/2015/iceforce/files/assets/basic-html/page4.html

Wonder what that is going to run.

This is what I've found, take for what it is because it's from a site I've never heard of before. They did show pictures of each part listed so maybe it's legit.

RT-9-CMB includes RT-9 Sonar Modual and Rt-PP $1,375.57

Camera Module kit $549.99

Sonar Module ice Ducer $349.99

Sonar open water $379.99

9" Ruggedized Android Tablet w/GPS 1,046.98

Performance pack 149.99

They can choke on it for those prices! Ridiculous! Please people I know you like the latest and greatest toys but don't buy it. That's insane. I like Marcum products but man that's insane.

I know many will flick to it. Personal I don't want my Gps on my flasher. Perfectly happy with my LX 7'S and HDS for Gps

I agree with all of your points but lets keep in mind that some of the other open water units are over 2K which I think is nuts. But if this think can work as a tablet by itself and you use it for both ice and open water you would get your value out of it. This thing would be fricken sweet.

An android tablet is dirt cheap. If I want one I would buy one. I don't picture myself sitting playing candy crush on my sonar GPS unit

The other thing is this has navionics which I am assuming is the app. That's what $20?.

At least the vexilar sonar phone has a decent entry point. This does not.

I was critical of that when it came out but I may just get it so my kids can have another unit to watch on the iPad.

I bought the lx-7 first year out, sold it the next year and bought the lx-9. I don't think I'll be pulling the trigger on the RT-9 this year. I'm glad Marcum came out with something like this, things that do a lot of stuff cost a lot of $. Honestly I would rather them keep coming out with stuff that expensive rather then stopping at the lx-5. When the lx-7 came out everyone jumped all over Marcum for not having a GPS so they could justify it as a true open water unit too. Marcum is listening to what people want they just can't do it all for $499.99. A guy can still buy a great flasher from Marcum in the 300 dollar range. Remember, a flasher came out last season in the 700.00 range that doesn't do much of anything innovative.

An android tablet is dirt cheap. If I want one I would buy one. I don't picture myself sitting playing candy crush on my sonar GPS unit

The other thing is this has navionics which I am assuming is the app. That's what $20?.

At least the vexilar sonar phone has a decent entry point. This does not.

I was critical of that when it came out but I may just get it so my kids can have another unit to watch on the iPad.

Lets wait till the actual product gets released and see what exactly is all included as far as features. I do agree that price appears rather high at the moment but incomplete as far as actual details of the product. For the GPS mapping I have a feeling its not your basic smartphone $10 Navionics as the description states 3D mapping. This might put it in line with Navionics HotMaps which goes for about $200.

A decent Android tablet would run in the range of $400-$600. Add in the software and hardware by Marcum and it may very well push beyond $1000+.

MARCUM RT-9

RT9-CMB_3402590_ssi_pic1.jpg

, with 3 data ports the user can start with MarCums Ice Sonar, then add an Open Water Sonar or Camera Module later.

So does it come pre loaded or is it going to be an 1000 dollar unit you have to buy everything for? It's what I wanted in my seven, but the way that thing worked I'm skeptical....

Eric the way I read it is its $1000+ and then you add everything. That's what is ridiculous.

We'll see when its official but for now I'll pass.

• 1 month later...

It is starting to come out in some store. Amazon has them as does Cabelas. Retail is $1599. Going to need to procure some $$$ but I got to have one of these. Looks like I better sell some stuff I don't use to much anymore. The LX 6 is awesome that I have and I know my buddies LX7 is really sweet. He put his on the boat this year and that was a nice addition. I am going to buy this with the intend for it to be used year round.

You can get a 8" HDS gen2 with stucture scan right now for less than that...and a HDS has way more functions.

But...I'm sure many here will buy it!

Whole lot of money right there!

I know there is a push for an "all in one" flasher/camera/gps unit, but my concern with that type of product is what happens when one of the components quits working. You're going to have to send it in to get fixed and then you're out the remaining items.

The system is modular so if by chance have a problem with one of the modules you can just send the module in. Unless its internal this will save sending the whole unit in. Price point, yes, its not the cheapest date on the block, but look at what you get shocked and then compare it to combo dinosaurs on the shelf for $1,000.

I know I'll get accused of being "Red" and thats fine, heard it all before.. I'm proud of MarCum for pushing the limits with the RT-9 and building what we have been screaming for in a high end unit for years. Remember the threads in years past "wouldn't it be great if" they removed the "if".

I have found out a little more about this unit. The android tablet can run all the android apps out there which included the Navionic App. The tablet is water proof and pretty much looks like you could drop kick it and still work. The unit also have a micro SD card slot so a Navionic Map card is compatible. In order to run both GPS with Mapping and sonar in a split screen mode you'd need the chip. You can use the GPS mode running the App in a single screen setting. The unit do not allow say split screen with an app running and then using the camera or depth finder. As far as the sonar module go it is the brains behind the tablet. They snap on the back of the tablet and have a singe screw. With one of the sonar modules you then attach the transducer. If you plan to just run a single transducer open water and hard then you'd just use one of these. There are 3 ports on the backside to accept the modules so you can add the camera on and multiple transducers if that is your choice. The tablet has a built in battery for running it as a standalone tablet and is a wifi tablet. It has alot of options for making it a year round unit that I like. While I don't have a depth finder with structure scan or side imaging I think this is going to be the most versatile unit for me. I can set it up how I want with the modular design. I am really excited to get my hands on one of these unit.

The tablet that is used on this system is already obsolete among every other tablet on the market(its junk). I'm sorry, but if Marcum's direction is advanced technology, then they should have built the unit with the ability to connect your own tablet. Wouldn't have been hard to simply build a durable case in multiple sizes to fit all of the tablets out there, and it would have saved the consumer a boat load of money.

I just don't see this unit being around for more than a couple years before someone does something better. And, how many time's are you going to buy the latest and greatest accessory for this unit? I see this unit as a money pit.