• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

And, they're keeping Suzuki!

BREAKING: The Minnnesota Twins have extended C Kurt Suzuki through 2016 with a vesting option for 2017. Suzuki will earn $6 million in 2015 & 2016.

Finally looks like a good move to me. Course he'll probably hit .210 next year after he finally understands the Twins way.

mrklean

Finally looks like a good move to me. Course he'll probably hit .210 next year after he finally understands the Twins way.

Haha that was my exact thought. I am surprised Willingham is still here also

so when he's hitting .225 next year - will this be the new 'worst contract in team history'?

so when he's hitting .225 next year - will this be the new 'worst contract in team history'?

Not even close. A really good catcher that only hits .225 is still a good deal at 6 mill.

not a good reflection on pinto.

Guess we add him to the overabundance of 1b and dh we already have on the team. Then again he might be catching if Suzuki eventually hits like his career avg.

deerminator

I like his 700+ OPS. He comes from the Oakland A's, a team that stresses the ability to get on base and score runs, period. Not power or batting average or home runs or stats that are often overrated. If you really watch him at bat, you see how patient he is, taking pitches and swinging at what he knows will work for him. Versus hacking away at everything. Kind of why Mauer is in the predicament he is. I don't think the Twins can screw Suzuki up. Just a matter of him staying healthy or the Twins making as mistake or getting rid of him in some stupid trade.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• monstermoose78
      It was good to see you @Cret Jigs glad you got some fish to eat. It was nice to fish out of my house as I don’t do that enough. Caught some fish nothing great but it was ok. Please just be kind to people that’s all I ask! 
    • Influenza
      One of my favorite times - Sunday evening looking West across Big Bay all the way to Cook in the distance.  No sounds of generators.  No karaoke speakers blaring across the lake.  No party howlers.  Just the wind and the stars.  👍
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...  Walleyes and saugers sliding into a bit deeper water with 26-30 feet being where most are fishingl  Good numbers of fish continue to be caught with a lot of sorting the future small fish in the system and choosing just the right ones for a fish fry.  Make some noise!  Jigging with lures with a rattle or vibration has been effective in both catching and attracting fish.  Use your second line, use as a deadstick, a jig or plain hook with a live minnow under a bobber set at 6 inches to a foot off of the bottom.  Electronics are helpful to show fish, how they are reacting to your presentation and when they are suspended.  Popular lure colors... gold, glow red, glow white, pink and green.  Nice numbers of walleyes over 28 inches caught this week. Walleyes, saugers, jumbo perch, big pike, tullibees, eelpout and even an occasional crappie or sturgeon being caught on Big Traverse Bay. On the Rainy River...   Ice fishing on areas of the river continues to produce some walleyes mornings and evenings. As ice conditions vary greatly on the river as there is moving water, we encourage guests who don't know the river to work through a resort for safety.  The snowmobile trail on the river from Baudette to Wheeler's Point to the NW Angle is open. Up at the NW Angle...  With the border closure, there are four ways to travel to the NW Angle without crossing the border.  1.  NW Angle Guest Ice Road is open!  2.  Snowmobile trails across the lake are open.  3.  Lake of the Woods Passenger Service (bombardier).  4.  Lake Country Air. Walleyes, saugers and jumbo perch with an occasional pike, eelpout, or tullibee in the mix up at the NW Angle.  22-27' has been the goto depth for most anglers.  No surprise, pink and gold have been hot colors, a LOW favorite with the stained waters.  Communicate with your favorite NW Angle resort for specifics.    
    • smurfy
      my wife and i stayed in the cabin just to the right of the landing by the lake a couple times. cabin 11, it has a wood fireplace.!!!!!!
    • TrueNorth
    • smurfy
      sweet👍 next time up i might head that way. cabin is 45 minutes from there.  yea there access can be interesting at times!!!!!!
    • SkunkedAgain
      I remember my father wearing the shock vest for his afib just in case things went haywire. After a year of it he got to stop but still had to swallow the rat poison daily. I suppose that I'll be there at some point. Maybe I need to keep running from the sauna to the snowpile to keep my ticker in shape.   Stay strong.
    • Wanderer
      You’re exactly right.  They have their maximum profits dialed in and to heck with incidental late demand when it comes to that stuff.  This year has amplified that process.  You couldn’t find any popular fishing line in stock in the Baxter store past opener.  It wasn’t even good BY opener.
    • Wanderer
      Naw, I didn’t.  There wasn’t really much for hanging out inside.  Rick was coaching everyone up the access today though.  Had to tow some according to reports.  We made it up fine. LOTS of small walleyes to go around but several people iced 20” plus fish.  I lost one heavy fish at 5:30 this morning - pulled too hard after setting the hook; the line stretched and the fish didn’t move much.  Pike showed up but most went back due to the slot.  Perch were on the light side for keepers but kept things going.  Most action was in 20-22 fow either on top of a bar or the top of the breaks.   I went out to 32 fow and marked some tullibees but they wouldn’t chase.  Caught some more perch but had to keep them all due to the barotrauma.   Burnt orange was our best jig or hook color.   Caught fish on crappie jigs and minnows, chubs and one on a sucker.
    • leech~~
      Have noticed that since the big wigs own Fleet now. They do "seasonal buys" on items and once its sold out there is no resupplying until next season. They start combining shelving and moving in the summer boating stuff.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.