• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Obama's open borders

Uncle Bill

It's funny...y'all rail on the illegals saying "just go about it the right way and yer fine"

then they go about it the right way and y'all are sayin "just don't see the legals gettin jerbs or bein productive"

So, it's too much to ask that the immigrants go about entering the country the legal way AND be a productive member of society? We should only ask one or the other from them? crazy

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PurpleFloyd

• LMITOUT

• Slabasaurus

• Duffman

My point was to Harvey who said that hardly any legal immigration happens anymore. Not sure what the rest of your tirade has anything to do with my point about legal immigration.

But hey. Again sillytown logic isn't really a requirement.

You are the only one talking about legal immigration.

I think I can safely say the majority of the folks commenting here in silly town residence in this country started out with a legal immigrant/s who followed the rules of becoming a citizen of the USA. Note legal, not illegal.

I had someone I knew at work that was a "Bleeding Heart" also, when I ask him to put up his own money or home to house all these Poor Children, or shut up, he mysteriously became mute.

Mike

Or maybe he was smart enough to know if he quit talking you might keep your potato trap shut. gringrin

You are the only one talking about legal immigration.

I think I can safely say the majority of the folks commenting here in silly town residence in this country started out with a legal immigrant/s who followed the rules of becoming a citizen of the USA. Note legal, not illegal.

go back and read the post I replied to. it was about legal immigration and how it don't happen no mo.

So, it's too much to ask that the immigrants go about entering the country the legal way AND be a productive member of society? We should only ask one or the other from them? crazy

No but it's kinda funny to just assume that those people that actually take the time and effort to become naturalized citizens are too lazy to be productive members of society. Just assumptions with no basis in fact.

Again, not surprised or anything that this happens down here in good old GOPforum. I mean, if it did surprise me I'd be a real silly-me.

My point was to Harvey who said that hardly any legal immigration happens anymore. Not sure what the rest of your tirade has anything to do with my point about legal immigration.

In other words...what was the plate number on the truck that just ran me over?

I believe it said "chasineyes".

BOOM!

In other words...what was the plate number on the truck that just ran me over?

I believe it said "chasineyes".

BOOM!

Yeah. Good one... boy you really got me there.

cn5160b11e.jpg

There's a big difference in LEGAL immigration and the invasion that's going on now.

Slab

are you kidding?

779k people were naturalized in 2013... on top of that, 990k received green cards.

So Harvey, you are fine with people coming here illegally and soaking up social security and other benefits they had no part of paying into? We should just take care of the entire world and forget about our own children, vets, seniors, etc?

WOW slabs can cut and paste. Hey woud mind giving out your address so we can all "visit" your home, since you still have answered if you would mind if folks just drop by "Your Place". blush

WOW slabs can cut and paste. Hey woud mind giving out your address so we can all "visit" your home, since you still have answered if you would mind if folks just drop by "Your Place". blush

Technically I copied and pasted... didn't cut anything.

I have no idea what the hell dropping by anyone's place has to do with anything though.

My new job has me working with immigrants daily. It's easy to say keep them out but if they all go back who is going to do the work? I am managing a project right now that has 13 people and not one knows decent english which sucks but if anyone who is bantering about sending all of them back,I invite you to stop by and find me 13 white citizens willing to show up and put in a hard day's work. You might start by looking in the same welfare line you claim is full of Hispanics.

I still haven't heard anyone else answer why we are not building Ellis island type processing stations on the border to give them the chance to come up here legally and do the work the white people won't do.

My new job has me working with immigrants daily. It's easy to say keep them out but if they all go back who is going to do the work? I am managing a project right now that has 13 people and not one knows decent english which sucks but if anyone who is bantering about sending all of them back,I invite you to stop by and find me 13 white citizens willing to show up and put in a hard day's work. You might start by looking in the same welfare line you claim is full of Hispanics.

I still haven't heard anyone else answer why we are not building Ellis island type processing stations on the border to give them the chance to come up here legally and do the work the white people won't do.

Cut back the welfare payments to mere sustenance and you would most likely find a few more peeps of any color willing to work.

Cut back the welfare payments to mere sustenance and you would most likely find a few more peeps of any color willing to work.

Got my vote.

No but it's kinda funny to just assume that those people that actually take the time and effort to become naturalized citizens are too lazy to be productive members of society. Just assumptions with no basis in fact.

Again, not surprised or anything that this happens down here in good old GOPforum. I mean, if it did surprise me I'd be a real silly-me.

Who's making that assumption? Sure wasn't me.

Quote:
My new job has me working with immigrants daily. It's easy to say keep them out but if they all go back who is going to do the work? I am managing a project right now that has 13 people and not one knows decent english which sucks but if anyone who is bantering about sending all of them back,I invite you to stop by and find me 13 white citizens willing to show up and put in a hard day's work. You might start by looking in the same welfare line you claim is full of Hispanics

So since you brought this up...What is the PAY and what is the WORK??? I'm guessing it's something in construction and your getting by paying these folks $7.00 an hour. (Am I close)

See once again big business, ADM, Conagra, Tyson Foods, Hormel, Cargill, heck even the Pelosi's own a vineyard are COUNTING on these folks. This speaks volumes to what Purple is eluding too. If we keep flooding the "market" with "cheap labor" these businesses are able to continue paying minimum wage for this help. And then turn around and complain that the "natives" don't want these jobs. Nice merry go round... eek

So since you brought this up...What is the PAY and what is the WORK??? I'm guessing it's something in construction and your getting by paying these folks $7.00 an hour. (Am I close)

See once again big business, ADM, Conagra, Tyson Foods, Hormel, Cargill, heck even the Pelosi's own a vineyard are COUNTING on these folks. This speaks volumes to what Purple is eluding too. If we keep flooding the "market" with "cheap labor" these businesses are able to continue paying minimum wage for this help. And then turn around and complain that the "natives" don't want these jobs. Nice merry go round... eek

Not at all. First off, I am just a project manager and the employees are hired by our subs. The subs are paid a fair price per hour per employee that is in the range of what I charged in my own business so no, I don't think you are close.

That being said are you proposing that you are willing to pay a lot more for the food you buy so that those companies can pay more? Also,you missed Senator Julie Rosen and Rosen's diversified in your list. How much should these companies have to pay in order to keep the crackers filling these jobs?

Keep busting unions, that'll fix it.

Quote:
How much should these companies have to pay in order to keep the crackers filling these jobs?

Are you talking Keebler, or Ritz, or Triscuits??

How much should these companies have to pay in order to keep the crackers filling these jobs?

Nice racial slur there, Purple. What's next? [insert: list of derogatory ethnic slurs]

On page 62 paragraph 3 of the politically correct handbook it says it is ok to make a derogatory remark on your own race but not for others.

Quote:

Are you talking Keebler, or Ritz, or Triscuits??

Actually the generic Saltines like myself. grin

I like ritz, triscuits and graham crackers for equity. I will not eat crackers made by little elves that are taking American jobs.

ST. PAUL – A Minnesota congressman is leading efforts to bring more unaccompanied children fleeing Central America to the state.

But, immigration advocates and nonprofit groups that serve refugees are concerned Minnesota might not be able to handle a crush of children who need care and have complex legal issues.

Rep. Keith Ellison says Minnesota is as well equipped as any other state to handle the children. The Democratic congressman has been a leader in the national immigration reform issue.

At a community meeting Monday in Minneapolis, Ellison said Minnesota has a capacity to help — and should.

Tens of thousands of Central Americans, many unaccompanied minors, fleeing violence in Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras have crossed the southern border in recent months. That's left federal and state government scrambling to find shelter and resources for the children.

Source