• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

So how high is the water?

Temps?

Weeds?

MOst improtantly how bad are the mosquitos?

General info please not specifics... love the area, best place for our 1 week a year.

Thanks in Advance.

Fished four days this past week in the area. Did not fish Balsam but the skeeters are beyond terrible. All day long and even in the boat they were terrible. Water surface temps were right around the 70 range and the weeds are starting to show up. Lakes are a little higher than normal but not real high. Fishing was good and got a little better each day we fished. Heading back Monday for three days. Good luck!!

Thx Merc... I was worried about the skeeters... I am packing a ton of repellent but that only does so much. We love to sit by the fire with a cocktail and relax, hopefully we can manage them. I bought some of the pellets for the ground to keep them away hope that will help. FAther in law is bringing a fogger but that stinks so bad... Good luck next week, thanks again.

We had quite a bit of rain last night so lake levels will probably be high. It was also a pretty cold rain and yes I have never seen such voracious mosquito's

We had quite a bit of rain last night so lake levels will probably be high. It was also a pretty cold rain and yes I have never seen such voracious mosquito's

Thanks for sugar coating the mosquito issue for me...

seriously Thanks for the info. Leaving tomorrow after daughter takes ACT test... clock is clicking slower and sssllllloooooowwwwwwerrrrr...

• 2 weeks later...

A week in the north woods... it was awesome as always. The skeeters were bad but the cooler evenings cut them down some so it was tolerable. Hoodies by the fire helped also. Fishing was good for Crappies and Pike... sunfish were tough and eyes non existent. We stuck with crappies mainly as they were the hottest bite. Great time was had... rain made for some AWESOME 4 wheeling in the mud!

Thanks for the update. I've been watching your updates for the past few years since I was up there for a week a few years ago. We stayed at the very small resort on the south side of the lake. When we were there, fishing was tough, but dang, what a beautiful, quiet lake. I can see why you go back every year.