• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Cove

Are there any classic weed lines in Mille Lacs?

Cove

The bay closest to us, Cove, is a jumble of weeds. Hard to locate and fish a nice weed line.

There must be some in this huge lake. Vineland? Others? I was thinking of fishing some other species besides the willy; fishing that involves targeting weed lines e.g. NP, Bass, Panfish.

fish_hunt_guy

Your right Isle, Wahkon, and Cove bay are overall just a mess of weeds. Doesnt mean they dont hold fish though. Isle bay you could say has a weedline somewhere along where the 30+ ft hole in the middle going out to the main lake is. Not sure about the rest of the lake. Im sure there is just not sure what to consider a weedline. Like the first break that runs along much of the west side of the lake? Although much of that can be gravel, rocks, or sand. Im interested in this question too...

Stick in Mud

There's a weedline that starts on the northwest end of the lake and runs all across the north side. The bays on the west side have "classic" weedlines, too.

Borch

There's a weedline that starts on the northwest end of the lake and runs all across the north side. The bays on the west side have "classic" weedlines, too.

Proabbly some of the most classic weedlines on the lake.

Stick in Mud

Yeah, and they hold a walleye or two come October, too. smile

Redlineracer12

There's a weedline that starts on the northwest end of the lake and runs all across the north side.

When you say "all across the north side" how far across are you talking? I am on the North East end of the lake, and would love to find some weeds on the that are within a short boat ride. I was under the impression it was all sand on the North end, but don't really get up that way often. Normally I'm pulling the boat out and towing it halfway around the lake to find weeds.