• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Need new source for Frontline please.

Ufatz

Need a new source for mail order Frontline for Lab and for a small (10 lb) dog too. Best price?

I believe somebody is having a bit of fun. I think that is a louse powder or something similar. I guess the guy thinks I'm a louse! Ha Ha Ha!

Actually, I believe our pals at F.Farm have about as good a price as I've found. Amazon is about the same I think.

Termidor is actually a commercial pesticide. Wondering if he really uses it on a dog. The active ingredient is the same as frontline.

Termidor is actually a commercial pesticide. Wondering if he really uses it on a dog. The active ingredient is the same as frontline.

I actually have been using it on my three dogs going on 4 or 5 years now with zero side effects. 1cc (beagle dose) every 3-4 weeks between the shoulder blades.

The only active ingredient is Fipronil.The rest is a clay based filler.

One $50 bottle will treat 3 dogs for many, many years (like 25 smile )

Sat down once and did the math, it would take thousands of dollars to fill the same bottle with Frontline.

Very interesting B-man. While I find it interesting that you have been using it with apparent success I think my choice will still be Frontline. Maybe makes me a little on the stupid side but it has worked for us since it was introduced.

I do not say you are wrong.

No worries smile

When you buy Frontline get the largest dose available (4cc?) and draw out with a syringe what each dog will need. You will save a lot of money vs buying the size specific dispensers........ wink

Not stupid at all ufatz.... I would buy frontline if I could as well, but my budget requires some considerations, so if I can do the same thing for several years buying one bottle, I need to go that route!

I just bought some when I ordered dog food at Chewy.com. They seem to have very good prices and free delivery over $49. No sale tax either so check them out.

Not stupid at all ufatz.... I would buy frontline if I could as well, but my budget requires some considerations, so if I can do the same thing for several years buying one bottle, I need to go that route!

"Pet" medication costs are absurdly marked up.

$5 for a heartworm pill...... I can treat a dog for a dime (ivomec)

Intestinal wormer??? Pennies on the dollar with Safeguard cattle wormer.

Antibiotics???? Vet prices are stupid compared to "aquarium antibiotics"

Yeast infection in your dog's ear???? Walk down the "lady products" isle in any store for an easy fix.

No need for a $75 vet visit and $100 prescriptions when you can buy the exact same product without a picture of a cute dog on some fancy packaging....

I agree with everything you say. Last year vet wanted $90 for six months Frontline for Lab. Even F.Farm had it for $30 less than that.

Animal medications I am sure are no less a rip-off than human medications.

I congratulate you for being able to substitute for your dogs and hope it always works out.

I have no problem supporting those that support me. I am not saying dont treat your dogs, or never to use home remedies. But I have no problem supporting my local vet despite the mark ups, its how they stay in business.

Sure comes in handy when you need emergency staple job after hours or on a weekend. Dogs having issues and you need to get in right away it sure is convenient to have someone local to use in times of need. Remember that when you try to save a few $ and order stuff off the internet etc. I don't find my vet significantly more expensive either though.

By coincidence, just returned from the vet we have been using for past ten years. Took Lab and Toy Pomeranian. Total was $242 for couple shots and some HeartGuard. Last year this same vet worked with me to try to do something for my little girl Lab who eventually died from cancer. He is a good man,and he really cared about Annie....but we couldn't make it happen. It cost me a bunch of money, but I didn't care then and don't care now. Don't worry.....we support our local vet!! LOL.

Once a year for the past 3 years Menards offers Frontline for $34.99 per 3 pac. Out here when our dogs and cat went in for their yearly wellness checkup at the vet.I mentioned it and the vet matched the price this year and last.Guess you got to ask what prices are! and We actually had to show the Menards sales ad last year.

If they match prices like that, I see that as an indicator of how much mark up there is.

Okay group, here's the scoop. Bought Frontline for our little 12 lb. Pomeranian at F.Farm for $36. Bought Frontline for Abigail Jane, the 66 lb. Lab for $37 at same place. This was for the three month supply. Double that of course for the six month pack. As good a price as I could find and that includes Amazon when you factor in the shipping.

All of it is criminally overpriced and we all know it. But then, just ONE of the medications I have to take is $485 a month. I COULD just die and save my wife that money, but I gotta keep coming in here and stirring things up now and then.