• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

Fishing Report Clubs - Make Your Own "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"!

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see detailed info that is shared. CLICK HERE to join.

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
archerystud

Wild Offseason

10,000 Casts

Kuemper seems injury prone to me and he is unproven but the fact is we need him because our goaltending is a huge question mark. As soon as Backstron or Harding pull a muscle in warm ups and are our 2-3 weeks which always happens... they'll need to have someone to call up. And then if Backstrom just plain is horrible, or if harding's condition flairs up, they'll need him to Start.. Kuemper is pretty good insurance.

I just looked up Matt Hackett's stats and he seems to be strugling. 1-6 last year at Buffalo and 13-17 in the minors.. That surprised me. The wild are the opposite of the Twins in that their players that leave do worse instead of making all star teams..

PierBridge

I would bet Nino signs in the next week or so ...

whistle

PierBridge

Also very sad news about Bob Suter.

Prayers sent to the Suter family.

OnAFly

No kidding, 57 is pretty young. I've got a history of heart attacks in my family, so seeing this kind of stuff happen hits home with me.

CaptainMusky

Sad deal about Bob Suter. Definite ICON in the sport. I didnt realize he was involved with Wild Scouting, that is cool, but a huge loss to the Hockey World. Sad day indeed.

Nino is apparently getting close to signing. His agent commented by training camp he should be signed. Thats a good sign, PUN intended.

Bear55

Last rumor I saw was Fletcher offers a longer term with maybe some projection on his development. Might be a bigger number than we expect but it could also be a bargain down the road. Get it done already!

CaptainMusky

We got Nino. 3 yes $8M

OnAFly

Good deal, now maybe Kuemper will pull his head out.

Bear55

Perfect, lets drop the puck already!

Great Info!!! Don't know of anyone who was for keeping him around much less even letting him suit up. grin

crothmeier

Excellent article. Anticipation for this season is growing. The past 3 years we've been markedly better than the previous. This year is no exception to that trend. I think its hats off to Fletcher, he has made some solid moves.

BartmanMN

Now Harding hurt his ankle. Kuemper's agent is licking his chops. We need some consistency back there for once.

PierBridge

Now Harding hurt his ankle. Kuemper's agent is licking his chops. We need some consistency back there for once.

Sounds like it may have happened during an altercation with a teammate.

And its a significant injury.

Yeah sign Kemp quick #hesourbestbetingoalanyway.

Per Russo: Bryzgalov has agreed to a pro tryout with #mnwild. Will arrive tomorrow. 7-1-3, 2.12 GAA down stretch with Wild last season

Pretty good stats, looks like they are trying to snub Kemps...don't blame them

hoppe56307

Doc looked at it late yesterday and it's fractured. We can not even make it to training camp with out a significant injury.

An off ice altercation with another player and he kicked a wall, what is he thinking? After all he has been through now this. Hope Bryz still has his game and Backs is up to the task. If they don't sign Kemps now that would show they really don't like the way that negotiation has gone. What a bummer for all involved.

10,000 Casts

What a circus. God I hope they don't sign Bryzgalov.. No one else in the NHL is interested in him for a reason!

CaptainMusky

I wouldn't mind signing Bryz. He was serviceable down the stretch its not like there are a ton of options out there. Kuemper is driving me a bit nuts right now.

Bear55

Another season of musical goalies, wish they would figure something out with Keumper now, you just know at some point we will need him.

I wouldn't mind signing Bryz. He was serviceable down the stretch its not like there are a ton of options out there. Kuemper is driving me a bit nuts right now.

Agree! His experience and desire trumps Kemps IMO, not like Kuemper was stellar last year.

hoppe56307

Bryz has made a point that he wants to be here, unlike kemper

CaptainMusky

Harding suspended. Not paid and money doesn't go against cap since off ice injury.

Big news is kuemper signed, two year deal both one way deals worth 2.5M total.

This harding fiasco could be the best thing to happen to wild.

Keumper signed whopdefrickin do...we might have the worst stable of goalies in the league IMO

BartmanMN

Anyone heading to the rink tomorrow? I'm taking a 2 of my kids down for the scrimmage at 9:25.

CaptainMusky
Keumper signed whopdefrickin do...we might have the worst stable of goalies in the league IMO
if healthy I disagree but considering past history I could see how you'd say that. We just need healthy goalies we don't need studs.

Bear55

Works for me, rest up Harding frown you might lose your job or we might need you for a playoff run. I haven't been paying much attention, who was Harding pizzed at when he kicked the wal?

10,000 Casts

Ya we quite possible might have the worst goaltending in the league.. 3 injury prone goalies, 1 past his prime Veteran, 1 with MS that gets hurt in warm ups and kicks walls and 1 unproven wild card prospect who I'm not convinced is a future starter. And we probably have the smallest softest Defense too. Only time will tell at this point.