• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

Fishing Report Clubs - Make Your Own "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"!

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see detailed info that is shared. CLICK HERE to join.

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
archerystud

Wild Offseason

Bear55

Yep no reason we can't have two high quality PP's, sound like Vanek is a PP stud. He doesn't just score goals, dude has amazing vision as well.

CaptainMusky

Oh yeah, he is a heckuva passer. Getting more excited about the upcoming season for sure, but this Kuemper deal is getting me a bit ticked.

Hopefully that gets figured out soon. Doesnt sound like much progress is being made.

Nino I hope gets done as well.

OnAFly

all warmth and no hockey make onafly a dull boy

Is it October yet? grin

Bear55

Aug and Sept do get kind of drag on.

CaptainMusky

Yeah, I was sure hoping that we would at least have some contract signing news to get us through August, but that isnt looking good either. Im fairly confident the Nino deal will get done, but the Kuemper one has me more concerned all the time. If it gets too tough and he wants too much, let him walk I say.

OnAFly

Well..basically our choices would be to either trade his rights or hold them out of spite so he couldn't play anywhere in North America. If it gets that bad...I hope he enjoys Russia. I've heard good things about that place lately laugh

Bear55

Nino will get done, have to imagine both sides want that to happen. Kuemps we don't really need right now if Backs and Harding are healthy, its a risk but he is also risking his standing in the organization by not showing up and competing for the starting goal spot. Hope common sense prevails.

spearchucker

Backstrom and Harding were both healthy going into last season as well. I don't think we can count on either one of them for a full season anymore.

Bear55

I'm not sure we have a choice right now, they are both under contract and we also have Kumps in limbo. We already have one extra goalie and probably can't sign another until something bad happens. The good new is Bryz will likely still be there if we are in a pinch.

PierBridge

Can't imagine Briz ever playing here again and I cant imagine we wont sign Kemps...

Bear55

I don't see Bryz here either, but nice to have options if Harding and Backstrom go down again.

PierBridge

Bear55

Hope Harding can stay healthy, since coming back from MS he has been simply amazing.

OnAFly

Yeah hopefully he can stick it out this year. He is top 5 in the league when healthy.

CaptainMusky

Kuemper is exploring options in foreign hockey leagues considering talks stalled out with wild. Afraid of that.

Let him walk.

Bear55

We still retain his rights, if he wants to try and hold out I guess we just roll with backs and harding and hope for the best. Like I mentioned above Bryz is still there and probably happy to work for cheap if we need him.

BartmanMN

We would have already signed Kuemper if we didn't need to save money to pay all the young guns next season.

OnAFly

where did you read that?

Bear55

Might be some truth there, Coyle, Granny, Haula, Brodin & Scandella are all RFA's next year. They will all get raises and some of them could be big ones.

OnAFly

My post was ambiguous.

Anyone know where it was written that Kuemper was looking at the KHL?

That article pretty much sums it up. After getting the team in good position except for goalie do they want to roll the dice on Backs and Harding or give Kemps what he wants? I'd rather they roll the dice and see who else is out there come December or bring Bryz back...I am not overly impressed with Kemps anyways. If things going OK at goalie early in the season they may want to pickup that D-man they need as well.

OnAFly

I have to wonder how this effects these guys in the eyes of their team mates. An RFA with a half a year's NHL experience arguing for term and $$ has got to [PoorWordUsage] off some of the vets.

CaptainMusky

I agree onafly. This wouldn't sit well with me that's for sure. Pay your dues. Everyone has a common goal and should be a championship. They won't get there with me first attitudes. Having said that I'm not sure if this is kuemper or his agent. Doesn't nino have the same agent?

OnAFly

Apparently Nino declined a KHL offer that would have given him >$1M more than what he will likely make here. This is a good sign smile

10,000 Casts

The KHL is a thorn in the Wild's side right now. Nino got the big contract offer and I supposed Kuemper's offer is pretty good too. Sounds like Kuemper just wants a one year one way deal so he makes good money while he is in the minors and you can't blame him for that. Nino could be a long term up to 6 year deal.. Frugal Fletcher might have to give a little here. All I can think is he has some more deals up his sleeve that he'll need the cap space.

I say don't sign Nino to anymore than a 3 year deal and give Kuemper his one way contract, he earned it last year.

CaptainMusky

IDK a one way deal for kuemper makes it really tough. 3 goalies on that type of deal? Kuemper did bail them out last year but if harding didn't do what he did at the beginning of the year it wouldn't matter what kuemper did. 32 games does not a career make.

OnAFly

Kuemper wants the one way deal just so that if he does wind up in Iowa, he still gets his NHL salary. It's all about $$ right now and in the future. If he gives Kuemper a plush contract, he's setting the stage for the next 5 he's got to do next year. Tough spot for Fletch, and it couldn't have been a worse agent to deal with from what I've read.

PierBridge

I know im in the minority here. But I hope he holds firm on Nino and definetly not more than 3 years.

I need to see a much better effort out of him during the regular season.

Yeah he had good playoff run I get that.

Go Fletch!

IMO Nino is worthy of the deal over Kemp, Kemp won games but it was the play in front of him that won the games, not like he stood on his head and stole games. Tough speedy players with good shots are hard to find, along with the fact that Nino's gritty grinding style make Nino an asset we need. Kemps is being guaranteed a one way for year two (next year) plus the NHL $ if he does get called up this year.