• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

Fishing Report Clubs - Make Your Own "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"!

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see detailed info that is shared. CLICK HERE to join.

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
archerystud

Wild Offseason

CaptainMusky

At first Shroeder saw a lot of PP time in Vancouver. I think his first year he had quite a few points on the PP. I could see him potentially helping out a #2 PP unit if there were injuries to our top guys. He does have a heckuva quick release with some sniper to him. But he isnt going to beat out any of the guys currently filling the top two lines for sure on the Wild, but could see some spot duty.

Bear55

Koivu "Love Fest" still in Full Swing...Join in!

One must balance out the hate fest. wink Other than Koivu not being a goal scorer there isn't a whole we can complain about.

CaptainMusky

Tuch is impressive. A young charlie coyle IMO. Strong on skates on puck and is back checking well. Every time he was on the ice the puck found him or he found it. Like what I see in him. Oloffson kinda ho hum on him. He passes and catches the puck like he's got a pillow wrapped around it. Made some nice saucer passes but he doesn't appear to be much of an offensive minded dman.

CaptainMusky

Folin looks like a heady player as well. I missed the one game he played in at the end of the season, but I can see why he was so sought after as a free agent. Granted he is much older than many of the kids out there (all but 4 of them were born after I graduated HS LOL) but I could see him stepping in pretty quickly.

Oloffson is going to need some time. He passes the puck extremely well. You do not hear the loud slap when he catches or makes a pass at all. Dumba seems to have stone hands.

Dumba had a nice setup in front of the net where he got a nice feed and blasted a one-timer right into the chest of the goalie. Do not need more of those guys. Its not about just hammering a shot, but you have to direct it.

Goal tending was terrible to say the least. Kahkonen looks the sloppiest last night. There were so many goals that just trickled in. I know its early. There was really no semblance of order out there, but goal tending was not a strong suit. Kahkonen I believe was the only guy drafted by the team, the others were invites. Gustaffson was not there.

My eyes were always glued to Tuch. Wasnt hard to do because he always found the puck on either end of the ice. Will be fun to see him develop. BC has a star there I think.

Great info, thx. You are right about Dumba (and others)...we need guys who can capitalize on chances and find the back of the net...way too many missed opportunities in the playoffs IMO.

CaptainMusky

I was actually surprised at how many people were there. About half of the lower bowl was packed. I am terrible at guessing, but I would imagine there were a couple thousand people there. Pretty impressive IMO.

Leipold was sitting upstairs with a couple others. One I believe was the head of scouting, I couldnt tell who the other two guys were. Needless to say I looked over there when a series of two weak goals were let in on that end of the rink and he didnt look too impressed. :-)

Its great to have ownership that wants to win and any level. You can tell he is committed to putting a winning product out there and I thought it was great to see him there taking it in.

PierBridge

So Andrew Brunnettes an assistant coach now.

CaptainMusky

Yeah that was a move I think to allow him to be more reactive in his role focussing on power play.

OnAFly

Hopefully that does something positive with that PP. It's not good.

CaptainMusky

AGREED! All caps means I'm shouting. Lol

yakfisher

We inked Zucker. Hope we find someone in our home grown D to step up. We need to find a hard edge. Unless Cooke finally found a spine and stops the turtle dance, we will need a player that will stand up for the team and Cooke's occasional antics.

archerystud

Folin looks like a heady player as well.

Glad you think so as well.

I'm very high on him but it will be interesting to see how he does in a longer term role.

PierBridge

Sounds like Vanek is just a witness in the Federal gambling probe.

Bear55

Always better to be the witness in a case like this.

PierBridge

Always better to be the witness in a case like this.

Not necessarily!

Signed, Mob hitman!

toughguy

"I do not recall that"

CaptainMusky

Fonzi is back. 2 year deal with $2M. I think that is a good deal. He was in a pretty good negotiating spot because of his production, so to get him for that little amount of money is good IMO.

Now we need Nino and Kuemper done.

Next couple days should be busy.

Bear55

Cool, liked him as well, nice hustle and offence form the lower lines.

OnAFly

Good, now lets get Nino and Kuemper done.

CaptainMusky

I kinda have a bad feeling about this Kuemper deal. I guess during his last contract it was a real bugger to get to an agreement. Now he has shown some success and knows the Wild are over a barrel of sorts this could really bite them. If it comes to that, I hope they just let him walk. The concussions just worry me too much long term and I dont like the fact that even though he hasnt proven a whole lot, he and his agent are just impossible to work with.

Apparently there have been many discussions with Nino, but few or none with Kuemper. Thats pretty telling.

OnAFly

I'm guessing it's more his agent than him. Hopefully, at least.

10,000 Casts

http://m.espn.go.com/nhl/rankings?src=desktop&rand=ref~%7B%22ref%22%3A%22http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.yahoo.com%2Fsearch%3Fp%3Dnhl%2Bpower%2Brankings%2B2014%26fr%3Diphone%26.tsrc%3Dapple%26pcarrier%3DAT%2526T%26pmcc%3D310%26pmnc%3D410%22%7D

Those top 5 teams will be pretty good next season. Jeez the west is absolutely stacked again..

CaptainMusky

Agreed. The west didn't get weaker that is for sure. I think st Louis' days are numbered though. They are getting quite old. Colorado got worse IMO. We should be a better scoring team including the power play. Those two things should reduce our games settled in shootouts. This is really where we can make up ground. Far too many ties ending in shootouts where we get only one pt and give the other team another.

Bear55

The west is insanely stacked, we picked a bad time to be good but if you wanna win you got to beat the best. I think we are right there with them!

10,000 Casts

I think that right wing spot will be a revolving door. Folin in Stoners spot will be interesting to watch.

Quote:
WILD DEPTH CHART from Russo

Here’s a look at how the Wild is shaping up to look like next season. This will change throughout the summer as the Wild add and delete players.

The depth chart is my opinion. Obviously, lines change, roles change, etc. There are interchangeable parts and I’d expect at least another defenseman at some point.

In parentheses, each player’s cap hits with some assistance from the web site, www.capgeek.com.

Forwards

Left wing Center Right wing

Zach Parise ($7.5+M) Mikael Granlund (900K) Jason Pominville (5.6M)

Thomas Vanek ($6.5M) Mikko Koivu (6.75M) Charlie Coyle (900K)

Matt Cooke (2.5M) Erik Haula (900K) Nino Niederreiter (RFA)

Jason Zucker (900+K) Kyle Brodziak (2.83 M) Justin Fontaine (1M)

Cody Almond (550K)

Vying for spots: Zucker, Almond, Stephane Veilleux (587,500), Brett Sutter (600K), Michael Keranen (792,500), Jordan Schroeder (600K), Joel Rechlicz (600K), Brett Bulmer (780K), Kurtis Gabriel (667K), Zack Mitchell (615K), Tyler Graovac (747,500), Zack Phillips ($863,333), Brady Brassart ($836,667), Raphael Bussieres ($759,167), Curt Gogol ($551,667).

Defensemen

Left Defense Right Defense

Ryan Suter (7.5+M) Jared Spurgeon (2.66M)

Marco Scandella (1.025M) Jonas Brodin (1.4+M)

Keith Ballard (1.5M) Christian Folin (925K)

Jon Blum (675K)

Vying for spots: Folin, Blum, Matt Dumba (894,167), Stu Bickel (600K), Gustav Olofsson (795K), Guillaume Gelinas ($596,667), Colton Jobke ($551,667).

Goalies

Niklas Backstrom (3.42M)

Josh Harding (1.9M)

Darcy Kuemper (RFA)

* Kuemper can be sent to the minors without waivers even if he receives a one-way deal.

Vying for spots: Johan Gustafsson (665K), John Curry (600K).

Total cap hit roughly: $57,413,008.

Available cap space: $10.88 million roughly (I based this on a $68.3 million salary-cap ceiling; NHL salary cap next season is $69 million, but the Wild will be charged a bonus overage of a little less than $700,000). Note, the $10.88 million excludes re-signing restricted free agents Niederreiter and Kuemper. The Wild will almost certainly not be a cap ceiling team for the first time in a long time. Its actual payroll (real dollars paid out) is at above $67 million, and all teams have internal budgets.

Bear55

Still think we need to see a Vanek Granlund Pommers line, lots of built in chemistry and we know Parise Koivu and Coyle can work, especially if Coyle can perform like he did late in the season and playoffs.

Don't know what it is and it might not happen this year but I have a good feeling about a Brodin-Folin Swede combo.

CaptainMusky

Still think we need to see a Vanek Granlund Pommers line, lots of built in chemistry and we know Parise Koivu and Coyle can work, especially if Coyle can perform like he did late in the season and playoffs.

I, too, like that vanek, granlund, pommenville line, but my hesitation is you have one guy (vanek) who isnt know to be a fast skating, defensive minded, Pommers same kinda way. They could maybe keep the puck in the offensive zone a long time, but I almost like Koivu at center a bit better than Granlund. I just fear Granlund could take some serious hits in the corners with those two slower guys. Maybe Im over thinking it..

Bear55

Just double shift Suter, problem solved. wink

But hey a Vanek Koivu Pommer and Parise Granlund Coyle (or Nino) sound pretty sweet too. Lets be honest Yoe can't screw this up, any combo of lines could be deadly, he just has to figure out what works great instead of really good.

CaptainMusky

I have high expectations for the PP this year. I would love to see vanek, pominville and granlund on the PP together. That could be dynamic