• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Gov Dayton

BuckSutherland

What the Republican party fails to understand is that there is a large segment of the swing vote, that are not low information voters, that would rather sink on a ship than share it with the likes of your fringe. As much fun as I have making fun of McCain, would have had no problem choosing him over the Obumnar.... until caribou barbie got put on the ticket. A protest third party vote was a no brainer compared to that caricature being a stroke away from holding office. .....

Nailed it.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LMITOUT

• delcecchi

• Big Dave2

• swamptiger

I am glad the fringes such as Palin is no where near the White House. I mean, get people like her in there and we would see our debt levels rise, the southern border basically ripped open, the Middle east burn, the Russians make their move into the Ukraine, a healthcare plan that's so unworkable and unpopular the likes of her would delay parts of it till after the 2014 election and exempt groups and regions, a "recovery" that's one of the worse since WW2 and is losing full time employment, a declining currency...

Oh wait.. wink

BTW..I think Palin would be a weak candidate and she knows it. My point is while everyone else is pointing fingers at others outside of DC being the "fringe" they seem to want to avoid aknowledging the disaster that is the current occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave

My point is while everyone else is pointing fingers at others outside of DC being the "fringe" they seem to want to avoid acknowledging the disaster that is the current occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave

Nailed it.

What the Republican Democrat party fails to understand is that there is a large segment of the swing vote, that are not low information voters, that would rather sink on a ship than share it with the likes of your fringe.

The segment is called Independents and both parties completely understand.

wink

My point is while everyone else is pointing fingers at others outside of DC being the "fringe" they seem to want to avoid aknowledging the disaster that is the current occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave

I don't think anyone is avoiding that. crazycrazycrazy

*yawn*

Do you even know the percentage that Dayton won by? If you do, you don't consider that a challenge? Or did you fall into the same trap that the rest of the low information voters have fallen into in Minnesta, believing that Dayton won in a landslide because the media has sold it that way?

*yawn*

Any serious candidate losing to Mark Dayton in a Gubernatorial race would be the equivalent to Kevin Love losing a one on one basketball game to a 12 year old. If your side could come up with even a half ways decent candidate, they should have beat Dayton in a landslide.

Do you even know the percentage that Dayton won by?

I guess I'll take that as a 'no'.

I'm glad you mentioned sports, as the Gophers just released their new uni's:

full-593-47561-20140719_182201.jpg

Ski-U-Mh!

If your side could come up with even a half ways decent candidate, they should have beat Dayton in a landslide.

So what did YOUR side put-up for a candidate, and how did he/she fare? confused

Shouldn't your 3rd party candidate, if decent, as you say, beaten Dayton also in a landslide?

Tell me, how'd that work out? (I know, I Know)

Must have just been a BAD candidate, eh? eek

Yeah, must have been a BAD candidate. crazy

BTW, How's your 3rd party Candidate polling? The one YOUR supporting.

Mike

Interesting campaign platform you GOP'ers have: "Vote for my guy because your guy's going to lose anyway"

Yup, makes me want to switch my vote. laugh

Also interesting is, and kind of to repeat, that the party chooses to alienate the "evil proggressives" ... which they actually have a lot in common with, especially in terms of fiscal responsibility and common sense approach to issues....over whack jobs like Bundy!?!?

So what did YOUR side put-up for a candidate, and how did he/she fare? confused

Shouldn't your 3rd party candidate, if decent, as you say, beaten Dayton also in a landslide?

Tell me, how'd that work out? (I know, I Know)

Must have just been a BAD candidate, eh? eek

Yeah, must have been a BAD candidate. crazy

BTW, How's your 3rd party Candidate polling? The one YOUR supporting.

Mike

That response was right on cue, just wondering why it took so long?

How do you know what candidate I'm supporting when I don't even know what candidate I'm supporting? You should let me know.

I don't think anyone is avoiding that. crazycrazycrazy

Still missed my point.

Palin, Bachmann, Ron Paul, Ted Cruz, ect are all the fringes according to some. Yet, here sits a president whose approval rating is tanking, his presidency is collapsing, and a recent Gallup Poll had a majority of respondents who wanted the next president to dump most of BHO's policies. So, whose the "fringe?"

I've seen Palin called Caribou Barbie and Snow Snooki for the crime of actively opposing BHO. I see nothing in her record were she tried to force christian fundamentalism on the people of AK while Govenor or using the state revenue office to intimidate opposition.

If opposition to BHO and his policies is considered the "fringe" I guess the "mainstream" now is a pretty narrow group wink

I've seen Palin called Caribou Barbie and Snow Snooki for the crime of actively opposing BHO.

No. She got mocked and ridiculed because she is a dolt. Period.

she is a dolt.

Maybe so.

But being governed by the so called smart people hasn't worked out too well

No. She got mocked and ridiculed because she is a dolt. Period.

You got sucked in by the media portrayal. Just like folks got sucked in by the media portrayal of how brilliant Barry is, just like he was happy to tell us.

Honest to pete....this is why your party is in such shambles. If you guys can't watch someone like Palin or Bachman speak and discern for yourself that these people are nitwits, then this really is the party of dumb.

I don't let talking heads make up my mind for me. I've seen these two deliver speeches, haven't you?

Honest to pete....this is why your party is in such shambles. If you guys can't watch someone like Palin Obama or Bachman Pelosi speak and discern for yourself that these people are nitwits, then this really is the party Electorate of dumb.

I've seen these two deliver speeches, haven't you?

I sure have. Nimble minded fools aren't they.

Mike

Gee, who would have predicted that some foxbot would reply like that shocked

Does the fact that Obama, Pelosi and let's just throw Reid in for good measure, are dummies somehow negate the fact that there are dimwits in the party that you support? Is this really as deep as supporters of this party can think?

Like I said, the party of dumb. frown

How do you know what candidate I'm supporting when I don't even know what candidate I'm supporting? You should let me know.

I ask you what candidate your supporting. I guess you choose not to share your support with the rest of us. That's OK, I get it.

Waiting for the media to tell you who to vote for?

Since you find both parties, in your words, not worthy of your support, one must deduct that you have found some 3rd party, a 1% of the vote person, to make your "Point" shocked

No need to answer, I think we've got it, if the past is any indicator. wink

Mike

Is this really as deep as supporters of this party can think?

I would guess since your the one targeting specific people from the other party, YOU should ask yourself, "Is this all the better YOU can think".

Maybe stop the MSNBC BE S, and see that what your doing is nothing more than what you rail on other people for doing.

You want to play for one team, fine, I'll play for the other, just don't pretend to be in the middle. I sure don't. laugh

There's enough "wackadoodles" on both sides to go around. Don't pretend your team doesn't have any.

Mike

I would guess since your the one targeting specific people from the other party, YOU should ask yourself, "Is this all the better YOU can think".

Maybe stop the MSNBC BE S, and see that what your doing is nothing more than what you rail on other people for doing.

You want to play for one team, fine, I'll play for the other, just don't pretend to be in the middle. I sure don't. laugh

There's enough "wackadoodles" on both sides to go around. Don't pretend your team doesn't have any.

Mike

I think you're just not getting it. You keep justifying your team's wackjobs with the fact that the other team has a bunch of wackjobs. I'm not speaking for Peatmoss but I think for me and most of us who consider ourselves a bit more in the middle they are all wackjobs, That's the point. Thats why we don't pick either team, too many wackjobs.

There is a growing segment of the population who would prefer a candidate that is fiscally conservative but socially tolerant. Neither team currently gives us that.

Instead I'll vote for the person who best represents my ideals.

... I will more than likely find a 3rd party candidate more to my liking.

Actually no matter who wins I will get at least a small portion of my belief system. You are the one who will get nothing when your candidate loses AGAIN.

At least my guy will have a legitimate chance.

You, on the other hand, might as well just stay home on election night and save your time.

I think you're just not getting it. You keep justifying your team's wackjobs with the fact that the other team has a bunch of wackjobs. I'm not speaking for Peatmoss but I think for me and most of us who consider ourselves a bit more in the middle they are all wackjobs, That's the point. Thats why we don't pick either team, too many wackjobs.

There is a growing segment of the population who would prefer a candidate that is fiscally conservative but socially tolerant. Neither team currently gives us that.

This level of thinking is just a little too deep for some. This my team/your team thing is all their teeny little minds seem to be able to grasp. Introduce a little wrinkle or nuance into the conversation and they revert to belching out their fox, or msnbc talking points. Criticize someone on their team, they can only trot out some nitwit on the other side, as if this somehow makes their dolt smarter.

I used to buy the third party nonsense.

With few exceptions, they never win. What's needed is a GOP that people can vote for.

I'm a PaulBot. I suppose some consider that fringe.

I've seen Palin speak. She's a lightweight. But I don't consider her the fringe

Bachmann on the other hand....

I'm a PaulBot. I suppose some consider that fringe.

Ron for sure, Rand not quite so much. Which one?

This level of thinking is just a little too deep for some. This my team/your team thing is all their teeny little minds seem to be able to grasp. Introduce a little wrinkle or nuance into the conversation and they revert to belching out their fox, or msnbc talking points. Criticize someone on their team, they can only trot out some nitwit on the other side, as if this somehow makes their dolt smarter.

Yeah, you go with that if it helps you understand things better.

Apparently like religion, your hung up on fox news, and use them both as your whipping boy.

You throw out punches, and then cry foul when someone punches back. Imagine that. crazy

If you think you have the high ground and some morally superior argument, think again. You don't, no matter how hard you try.

You are the same person you go after on the other side, your just to blind or ignorant to see it.

Mike

Thats why we don't pick either team, too many wackjobs.

And yet you are in essence picking a whackjob by voting for the 1%'r. Whats more, a whackjob that is most likely 180 deg from your ideals which makes it even more of a wasted vote. You think you're sending a message but you're not. Instead, said whackjob is moving the county/state/country further away from your beliefs and you're left standing there with a hole in the foot that you just shot.

Ten, twenty, thirty years ago it wouldn't have mattered. But now, more than ever, it is crucial to purge these progressives out of the system from top to bottom, and if it means voting for the "lesser of two evils" then that's what has to be done. Voting for the cutesy Independent is just moving the country further down the drain and industrial strength Draino probably won't fix the mess the Democrats+media+unions have made, but you don't need to exacerbating the problem by handing them even more votes.