• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Team 7- Tominators

pumper317

Good luck to hunter! I bet he is losing sleep. Thunder chickens in the am... Have fun!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pumper317

• Archerysniper

• theghost_03

• Abndoc

Got my stuff on the registration board boys, now lets get some more birds down and bring this title home!! GL to everyone else, I have a few more hunts lined up so hopefully the weather and birds cooperate!

Great bird ghost! Way to start it off right. I don't think anyone else hunts until the c season hear except hunter, who is a youth and is currently gunning. We gotta cheer him on, nothing better than a youth punched tag. A couple of my buddies have got birds today, which just gets me all the more excited for next week.

My buddies went back to Nebraska this weekend, I couldn't due to family stuff, and my buddy sent me pics of his first bird... A nice hybrid Tom. The birds are dropping, just hope a couple a saved for me;-)

That's awesome! Hope tonight or tomorrow works out for you Hunter! I want to try and get into NE yet this spring but we will see what happens. I hunt C season as well and the head back out west for 5 days in May. Love this time of year!

Congrats Ghost! Hunter hunted yesterday morning. We saw 12 hens andthermos.They stayed in a big group 150 yards out we watched themin the wind todayfor hours they didnt move much. Gained access for where they were. Hunted in the wind today saw 1 turkey bout 400 yards out. Were gonna scout in morning and and try and get on one tomorrow afternoon. Today was Hunter's 10th b-day he was hoping for a bird maybe tomorrow.

When does everyone else go? I go here in MN C season so I have some birds patterned well I am hoping for Sat morn. Weather looks iffy several of the days for me down here in SW MN

I am also a C season guy. Headed down to Rochester area on Friday. That will be our scouting, so we will see. The guy who's land we are hunting apparently (through his brother) had 200 acres to hunt. Well, we just found out he has 8 acres, not 200. There are birds around there, so maybe we can get lucky. Either way, it is going to be fun hunting with my dad for turkeys for the first time ever.

Pumper,

Don't be shy about knocking on doors if you have to. You may get lucky. Try stopping by the small town bar around happy hour and talk up the bartender he may have some farmers in the bar that could be bribed for some access.

It worked in SD. snow goose hunting last spring wink Look at the public stuff as well. Don't give up.

Good Luck

Steve

Thanks Steve. Never giving up, just not as free roaming as I thought originally.

Hunter, any updates/ luck?

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Pumper,

Don't be afraid to call a few of those with landowner permits. I have had good luck using these contacts and often they don't get a lot of people stopping by or calling.

Thanks Borch! I may look into that. I am going to see what it is all about down there, but I will get some names from that list, and a map with public ground. I am not afraid to knock on some doors to if it comes to that.

Thanks!

Times are a changing when it boils down to good ground. Don't mistake me I know there is good public ground in SE MN. I've hunted it and killed birds. I hunted near Winona for 16 years, same piece of ground. Group came in and spent ALOT of money to lock the property up for deer hunting. We strictly turkey hunted it all those years and we lost our rights altogether this year because the group spent even more money because they thought we were "shed hunting" on top of turkey hunting. So it is kind of a bummer. I did a lot of door knocking there last year thinking this was eventually gonna happen and I struck out. So now I am hunting my home area and it's no biggie. Still got great ground to hunt but I fear what the future may hold for hunting in general. The day of helping a land owner farm a bit in exchange for hunting May be near an end. I sure hope not!

I hear you Ghost. Between folks leasing more land and turkey hunting becoming much more popular it's starting to get a bit tough. Thankfully the multiple seasons helps things out and the fact that people aren't really trying to grow "trophy turkeys."

More birds = more hunters = harder to find hunting ground I guess.

Good luck to season C fellas. We have a few people playing this round, so lets have fun! Weather isn't ideal, but they still have to eat and play.

Have a great time! I am outta here in about 4 hours to get at it. Excited?? Thats an understatement!

Already registered my bird but was able to put down my MN C season bird in this mess of weather!

IMG_2660_zps496498ed.jpg

IMG_2661_zpsc41eddfe.jpg

Well done ghost! Looks like a good season so far. I got [PoorWordUsage] out in the junk of weather. I know the season is still going, but I am done in mn. I am moving Thursday, and my area is down se mn. My dad got a nice Tom Saturday in the wind, and I had a Tom come within 50 yards Sunday morning, but the blind was positioned weird and I just had no shot. We saw 3 birds in 2 days. Really slow with barely any gobbles, but still fun. I have never hunted with my dad for turkeys, and he got his biggest long beard yet ( only ever got one before about 8 years ago) so that was awesome. If either of us had the chance, I really am grateful he got his!

I am hopefully going to Wisconsin at the end of May, just gotta see how the house thing comes along. I sure wish mn had a longer season. Maybe I will have to take up the archery just to spread my time.

Keep them coming. Do you think we can just submit ghost birds just to stand a chance? 3 or 4 of us had this c season, and the weather is not very nice for it!

C season has been just unreal. I have worked my tail off and was able to get two other birds onto us in this mess but crooked barrels had my co-hunters missing chip shots! I do know that I will be doing the archery tag from now on. Just be nice to have all that time to get after a bird! I'm taking a couple youngens out this weekend and then I head west again so the weather can change any day!

I made it out to the back food plot tonight to throw down some chicory and rye grain seed with all this rain and had a big long beard come out into the corn field. So I have one to chase in the back yard this weekend.

had a big long beard come out into the corn field. So I have one to chase in the back yard this weekend.

Rough duty AS. Probably be able to sleep in till almost 5:30. Good luck!

BTW, keep an eye on Cedar Creek for me wink

BTW, keep an eye on Cedar Creek for me wink

They are hanging out in the same spot as always across from that driveway where I hunt. I haven't got a email from Linda about helping out,however I think that is the weekend of my best friends bachelor party.

I pulled the chip on my camera and checked it when I got home today and the turkey population has went up in the back yard with 6 new jakes that have showed up. The big tom was has been out the last 2 days at 7 pm. I went to go set my blind and hunt however when I came around the corner in the corn field they were all standing around. Instead of spooking them and hunting I pulled back and will set the blind after dark tonight. I feel like I might have a cold and may not be able to go to work tomorrow wink

Lol I'll sign the Dr slip for ya!! Get after him looks like a great bird!!

Well I had to work till noon today however I am in the blind now and have a tom hammering away. I just hope he is on this side of the creek.