• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
delmuts

Questions on 25 hp Merc

Question

delmuts

bob. the lower units do take a special oil. you can get this at any marine dealer, some parts stores. etc. the prop sounds about right. on that size motor a 13 should give you a good balance of speed and power. this also depends on what size boat you have it on. i ran mine on a S16 lund and it did well. try it and see how it does. del

2 answers to this question

Dr. Bob

Thanks Del - It is on a 16 ft Grumman.

I can't wait to try it grin.gif.

Dr. Bob

Hi Guys,

I just bought a (I am told) 1984 Mercury 25hp long shaft manual start outboard. I have no experience with Mercs and am wondering if anyone here can answer a couple of questions for me.

It has the shifter right in the tiller. I am wondering if the lower unit needs special gear lube?

I am also wondering about the prop. I am not sure what it has on it (I am at work at the moment), but it came with an extra prop that is a 10 1/4 X 13. Does anyone know if this is a power prop or if it is a speed prop?

Thanks