• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

twins total wins

Stcloudangler

They might win 60 games.

The Twins are composed of mostly mediocre to terrible players.

All managed by a terrible manager.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• greebs

• thatoneguy

• blue_healer_guy

• Kyhl

They are off to a better start than I expected. Mauler sure striking out a lot. Wish someone would tell him to swing at first couple pitches more often. Florimon needs to be replaced. Have to think the starting pitching though will eventually lead to some bad stretches.

• 4 weeks later...

back above 500! More than a quarter of the way in, and I'll take that over the last two years for sure.

Yeah kind of a nice surprise.An inside the park home run by your catcher!I haven't heard that 1 very often.

Unreal to see this team over .500 at this point in the season with their (supposedly) best player in Mauer floundering at the plate.

The Hughes signing looks great at this point, Dozier continues to be terrific in the field and at the plate, and Hicks...is starting to look like a bust crazy

I really don't see how they can keep it up, but they're already more watchable than the last two trainwreck seasons.

Need a lot of help yet. All of the league is playing about the same. Soon the better teams will pull away and make the Twins look like we thought they would.

Need a lot of help yet. All of the league is playing about the same. Soon the better teams will pull away and make the Twins look like we thought they would.

OPTIMISM: Pass it on!

The more you know...

smile

hughes and dozier are our all stars at this point. sorry joe but too many other 1b doing betterand have hard time believing he gets the votes he would as a catcher.

Doesn't that just tick off the naysayers? The Twins have already won more games than they predicted. What can they complain about now?

And, for as bad as those guys thought the Twins would be, a .500 manager should be manager of the year. Just thought I'd throw a little gas on Mr Bridge's fire.

I've been hearing many good things about how much molitor has added to the coaching staff. makes sense as roster hasnt changed a bunch over last few seasons. really really hoping they have a plan to make him mgr in 2016!

I dont see the long term answer being present other than a couple of spots. Hughes, Dozier and maybe a couple relievers. The rest of the players on the team are just not the players you would have manning their positions on a championship caliber club. Case in point, the SF series. We were totally overmatched.

So we have a #6 hitter/2B and a #3 starter on a championship club. Oh, I guess you could throw Mauer in as a DH too. Only about 7 starting position players, 4 starters, and we will be talking playoffs.

The thing that really irks me is how much you hear about when Buxton and Sano get here things will turn around. There are 2 really good reasons why we will not be a playoff team when they get here and 1 more possible reason. #1....They are only 2 players and we are about 11 or more short. #2 they will not be great their first 2-3 years. #3 possibly....they might not be MLB stars.