• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

twins total wins

Stcloudangler

Baseball teams don't usually drastically improve in a year. I'm going with 78 wins. Just enough to show improvement with plenty of room for the whiners to stay happy.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• greebs

• thatoneguy

• blue_healer_guy

• Kyhl

the twins stink so bad they have little kids on twins commercials talking about how bad the twins stink.

102 losses is my prediction.

I'll be optimistic and say they go 76-86. Mauer's move to 1B will allow him to stay healthy and produce better. Better pitching through free agency (he said, optimistically). Continued improvement by Dozier et al.

.500 would be a remarkable success. Anything under 90 losses will be a good year. They just need to keep developing players and adding talent for when the kids are ready in a couple of years (and pray that Sano recovers fully).

I've got a multi-year double-or-nothing bet with my cousin that the twins will lose 85 or more games. I've won the last few years, so the dollar amount is getting up there. Alas, she makes less money than I do, so the chances of me ever cashing in are nil....but they're probably about as good as her chances. smile

I gave up my season tickets this year. Plan to spend more time in the boat seat and also paint the exterior of the house this summer.

I gave up my season tickets this year.

If not for the All-Star game at Target Field, we would have done the same. We will not renew next year unless we see a vast improvement.

If not for the All-Star game at Target Field, we would have done the same. We will not renew next year unless we see a vast improvement.

I had a chance at some great tickets through work but decided to put that money into a new outboard. Initially I wanted to go to the HR derby and the AS game but the opportunity costs of spending $2k on two tickets outweighted the two days at a crowded park. It was more appealing to apply that money to upgrade to a 150hp that I can use for years to come versus two days at a baseball park.

I had a chance at some great tickets through work but decided to put that money into a new outboard. Initially I wanted to go to the HR derby and the AS game but the opportunity costs of spending $2k on two tickets outweighted the two days at a crowded park. It was more appealing to apply that money to upgrade to a 150hp that I can use for years to come versus two days at a baseball park.

Wise investment

73-89 so the twins PR can blast us with the improvement over previous seasons

.450 would be a success in my book...

I get what you are saying but this shows how bad this team when .450 is labeled a success.

I think this could be the year we finally get to 100 losses boys!!!! how exciting!!!

The Pohlads should be proud!

When I think of this team the image of the grounds keepers comments from the movie Major League come to mind. I'm going to revise my prediction too. 63-99

Yikes, one loss and the tiny shred of optimism some had is snapped already... I'm not saying we'll be uber-competitive this year, but we should be better. I'm not a Nolasco fan, and that extends beyond yesterday's poor showing. He's way too up and down. Either feast or famine, and we don't have the offense to support that long term. That said, we didn't go against some schlub yesterday. Sale is a blooming superstar. We got a few knocks on him and I expect a better game come Wednesday.

To tell you the truth I didn't pay much attention this spring. Seeing the lineup on the tv screen was a wake up call. Brutal. Pitching should be better but not good enough.

No confidence at all in this team. They will be worse than the past 3 years. I am taking the under on whatever vegas puts out. I give it two more season before we contend for what all Minnesotans strive for: a division championship season, but nothing more!

75. this team can be better if the bull pen comes through and Gardy uses them properly. Can't believe how coaches/managers at all levels don't understand that youth pitchers should throw less than 40 pitches and even Pros should not throw more than 70-80 pitches in cold weather. Pelfrey was great for 5 innings the other day, but Gardy left him in for 3 walks and a HR in the 6th. Pitching every 3 days and throwing less per outing is better on the arm than overdoing it once every 5. When it warms up then throw 7,8 innings

Smallest crowd ever at Target Field today they announced on the Radio, just over 20,000. It may be a while before we get to 10 wins. Our schedule does not look good. 8 runs scored against the A's in the series. Not much to look forward to.

Smallest crowd ever at Target Field today they announced on the Radio, just over 20,000.

Looked like around 3 people at todays game. Absolutely desolate.

Not to get to far off the topic but i was at the game on Friday, where we sat was pretty empty, the section next to us had more people not a ton but more. I watched a couple get up move to our section looked like they wanted to put there feet up etc just have a bit more space, the attendant saw they moved walked down and told them they needed to move back to there seats. They moved maybe 15 feet to a section that was almost completely empty and they were forced to move i was speechless after seeing that.

I went to a couple games last year sat upper deck along 1st baseline about as high as you can get. Really not bad seats at all but I also had my 2 kids that were just about 3yrs old. After making a couple bathroom breaks, food runs etc the usher asked why we kept going all the way back up there and suggested we move down to a lower area because of all the open seats.

I politely declined and said my kids can be as loud and as annoying as they want up where we were and there wasn't any one in a 25seat radius that was near us so it was perfect. haha

Last night's Toronto game was lightly attended. I turned in at the bottom of 7...good timing for that bizzaro 8th. "Each time you go to the ballpark, you'll see something new."

I'm going to the game on Friday, so here's hoping they get one of their 65 or so wins on that day!