• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Perch on Big Stone Lake

Just wondering if the perch are still biting on Big Stone. Want to head there on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday. Is there a certain area to try right now.

the perch fishing has been way over sold by a new bait store owner yes you can catch perch no they are not jumbo perch they had a tourney there a couple of weeks ago you can look at the results online there not the 1 pounders that artie is claiming do your self a favor drive just a little farther to the Webster Waubay area a poor day out there will beat the best day on big stone

+1, was there during that tourney and was kinda disappointed in the sizes. Still kept enough for a decent fish fry but I wouldn't go there with hopes of 13-15" fish. We had to work a bit to get 20 in the bucket that I thought were worth keeping

Am not looking for 13-15 inch perch. I am a realist and understand all areas that claim to have big perch run 9-12 inches at the norm with maybe an outside chance at some bigger fish 13 inch plus(but they are rare like devil's lake maybe and a few others). All I am looking at is fish in the 9-12 inch range.

Am not looking for 13-15 inch perch. I am a realist and understand all areas that claim to have big perch run 9-12 inches at the norm with maybe an outside chance at some bigger fish 13 inch plus(but they are rare like devil's lake maybe and a few others). All I am looking at is fish in the 9-12 inch range.

8"-10" fish are the most common size classes. a few 11's on a good day and an occasional 12". Best bet is to get away from the crowds, find a stretched of unpressured lake, and hunt them down. for every guy getting some 11" fish, there are 10 getting skunked or keeping 8" fish.

I just got back from the lake and things have really slowed down. It's gotten worse every time I've been out for the last week. Hopefully things pick back up soon.

FI

Im going to hit Bigstone in like 2-3 weeks, did very well there last yr in the same timeframe, most of the perch I caught were longer then the width of a 5 gal pail, whatever that measures.. either way it was fun!!

I'm going to agree that the owner of Artie's has way oversold the size of the perch. They are not jumbos, but still decent perch. 8-11" perch is the norm. But with the perch biting for the last 2 years straight, they have to be getting toward the end and somewhat fished out.

• 2 weeks later...