• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Whitefish Chain/ Big Trout Lake.

Fishman11

Not sure if this is the right forum but does anyone have any input for these bodies of water. We rented a cabin near this lake and would love some input. How is the fishing or are we better off going to the Big Pond? Thanks.

Try the brainerd forum....Whitefish/Big Trout lake you are a good hour+ from Mille Lacs. Travel in the area is on snowmobile but there is good fishing to be had all over the whitefish chain and lakes that surround the area

Those lakes are under an hour from Garrison. When you say Mille Lacs its big enough you have to specify, but ya the brainerd forum is the place to ask.

depends on where you are coming from on the chain to get to Mille Lacs but it is an hour if not a little more depending on the route and location you are leaving from and going to. I make the drive 30+ times a year as I live south of mille lacs and go to the whitefish chain as many weekends as possible. From Garrison to my cabin right off cty 3 in Crosslake it takes 50-55 minutes and then add another 10 to get to Manhatten Beach on Big Trout lake...Now if you were going to say isle from the west side of big trout or even the west side of the chain I bet it would take you an hour half to get there. might get it done a little quicker but most days not by much