• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Matt Johnson

Lower Prior Lake Results - 2/16/14

Matt Johnson

Definitely a tough day on the ice but the teams worked hard!

Here are a few of the results from today's event on Lower Prior Lake...

1st Place - Clayton Kettering/Tyler Andrews (5.65 pounds)

2nd Place - Alex McStott/Caleb Johansson (4.9 pounds)

3rd Place - Grant Birznieks/Pete Anderson (4.825 pounds)

4th Place - Lawrence Luoma/Michael Thompson (4.675 pounds)

5th Place - Mitch Thies (4.05 pounds)

Big Fish - Chris Lafean/Mike Stein (0.535 pound Sunfish)

For a complete list of today's results and photos... Lower Prior Lake Results - CLICK HERE

Also check out the UPL Facebook page for more photos from the event... UPL Facebook Page - CLICK HERE

Next and final event is on Clearwater Lake, Sunday, March 2... where we will crown the 2013/2014 UPL Champion!!

clayton08

Was a typical metro bite biggest crappie was 10 inches for us and gill was 9.25. Found the nicer fish on the edge of the weeds. Feels good to win one!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• ANYFISH2
      Now that our firearms season is over, I have heard various comments of how our deer herd and overall season has gone.   My personal observations have been that I was slighted by the deer this year! Through bow season to date and firearms I have seen a total of 12 deer from stand this year. 4 antlerless deer and 8 bucks, none of which I would guess were older than 2 1/2 yrs old.  This has been one of the slowest years for deer sightings I can remember recently. This development has been a suprise to me, as over the course of the spring and summer the deer in my travels seemed to be very visible and numerous.  I tend to believe that my stand sits were not indicative of the deer population.   A complaint I am again hearing, and am sure will continue, is that there are not enough mature bucks.   My goodness, this is getting old.  From what I have seen and read, if the hunters score and register thier deer Minnesota probably produced 5 different deer over 200" this year.  Morrison county has produced 4 deer that have green scored over 170" that I know of!  And have seen pics of numerous deer I would guess would score over 140".   This state produces 100's of trophy sized deer every year.  There will never be enough for everyone to get one!   Again wolves have been blamed for poor hunting again.  I had one on camera as well.  I am not one to blame poor hunts on them, so I won't.  Hopefully legislation is passed so the state can get control again.     Hunter numbers seem to be decreasing noticeably since I started hunting.  Not a bad thing for me directly, however, may not be good for the future.   What have your observations been?   How has your season gone?   How is population in your opinion?   Anything need fixing in your opinion?
    • monstermoose78
      Some guys were on Baxter but I had Finn with me so I did not check the ice thickness and it’s going to be cold tonight so I will try tomorrow to check
    • hiwayman33
      Moose any reports?  May check Baxter or  Chisago channel tomorrow.  Was just fishing open water Missouri River two weeks ago.  We limited on walleyes two days in a row.  Ready to fish some ice. 
    • rundrave
      I bought a bunch of polka dot jigs from widow maker booth at the ice institute in Sioux Falls last weekend.  Was really nice to meet and chat with them in person.
    • timjones
      Lake pretty much locked up I think two nights ago. Haven't seen anyone out yet in the Buck Point, Battle Point, Schultz's Bay or Moon Bar area yet. Still to early I think. Haven't been over to Manthey"s Bay so don't know if anyone is venturing out there yet. That area usually locks up early. Usually there are a couple of spear houses out early in the Town Bay, Peterson's Bay, Two mile area but didn't see any out there yesterday. More often than not there is a ice heavy early in the season that stretches from Battle Point, kind of WSW across to the rushes on the west side of the lake. It pop by Battle Point yesterday morning but only went about a quarter of the way across. Looked healed up this morning.
    • eyeguy 54
      looking forward to trying the polka dots out. will be interesting to see if gills and crappies like them.
    • monstermoose78
      What colors are your go to colors?
    • PRO-V
      So Monday my buddy sees a spike and 5 pointer sparring a little bit at 150 yards in a clear-cut. Gets a good rest with 25-06, shots the 5 and it goes down like a sack of hammers. Hikes up to it, pokes it's eye and not a wiggle. Sets down empty gunand finds a log to sit on 10 feet away with his back to it and validates his tag. Turns around and the buck is gone running over a hill 100 yards away and disappears over a hill. Small spot of blood where his head was laying. Must have deflected in the brush. He said it was out cold at least 15 minutes.😫
    • papadarv
      Last night, local Anoka metro lake. 4" ice 20 ft off shore - open water 100 yards out. Not me just very young friend.
    • eyeguy 54
      great video!