• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Olympic Hockey

Bear55

Cannot believe they gave up the last 2 goals so fast, must have thought they had it. Canada has been all over them. Faceoffs in the 3rd, all Canada.

This does not look good as Canada has to be fltying high right now and the USA shocked.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bear55

• harvey lee

• OnAFly

• CaptainMusky

The USA seemed to go back on thier heels and play all defense the last 7 minutes and sure enough, gave Canada enough time inside the USA zone and something bad will happen.

I was hoping the USA would oplay the game that got them the 2-0 lead.

Too bad the puck had to hit the pipe.

Now I would guess the USA is rattled and down and they will have to pull out everything they have to hold a pumped up Team Canada from scoring.

The USA team can't keep giving up their blue line. Backing in to your goalie and letting Canada skate right in. USA needs a Dirty goal to win.

Well that was hard to watch, the lady canucks clearly have our number. Congrats to them on a crazy comeback.

I have to ask, why the penality that took us away from a power play, what did she do wrong, even the announcer questioned that cheap call.

Yes, Canada played well along with the USA, said part is, that call against the USA by Canada's net to take away the power play was a call that could have decided the outcome.

I agree 100%, too bad maybe a bad call could have decided the game, without that call, we would have been on a pp and in the end, we ended up down 5 on 3.

we pretty much got hosed in OT, there is no penalty for a skater tripping over her own 2 feet then someone else running into them. just my opinion

That slash to even it up in OT was about the worst call I've ever seen. That ref has no business calling that there. Seriously, that happens 50 times a game. It happened 50 times that game. She calls it in OT when CAN is on the PK. Wow. She shouldn't be reffing mites let alone Olympic medal games.

In the end we lost, I have no issue with losing in a game well played and called by the ref's. They did a fine job in the first 3 periods and then that went out the window.

Very sad to have a game of this caliber end this way no matter who the victor is.

All we can do now for the women's team is wait for 4 more years and hop maybe the mens team can win.

You're right. It was a well played game by both sides. Congrats to Canada for the repeat. It's just too bad it hand to end like that.

And here I thought it was only MN sports teams that didnt have the killer mindset and keep the pedal down until the opponent is beaten into submission!

Do NOT ever rest on a 2 goal lead in hockey. Continue your play with what got you to 2-0, do NOT go into a prevent style of play.

If the USA lost playing a close hard fought game no big deal. But they really had this one in the bag, but changed how they played and got burned.

I agree Captain. I hate that prevent stuff and wish they would have kept to their game. I feel bad for them, that is a tough one to swallow.

I agree as I stated in a earlier post, they went to a total defensive game and not what got them to the lead. Anytime a team does this, they typically get into trouble.

Who know's how it would have ended if they did play the way they had.

Who know's how it would have ended without the cheap penalty in OT.

I agree as I stated in a earlier post, they went to a total defensive game and not what got them to the lead. Anytime a team does this, they typically get into trouble.

Who know's how it would have ended if they did play the way they had.

Who know's how it would have ended without the cheap penalty in OT.

I missed the penalty call but it sounded pretty bad. Not going to get too worked up about it because you can't give up 2 goals in the last 3 minutes like that and expect to win. Canada also could have easily gotten a penalty shot before they scored.

Both CAN goals were flukey. One went off a jersey and fluttered in, the other was a blind pass which normally would be a turnover. Not to say that USA should have gone into play-not-to-lose mode.

Canucks taking it to us so far, lots of chances both ways but they have had the edge. 1-0 bad guys after 2.

Our weaknesses that game:

Board Play

Neutral Zone Play

Defensive Zone Play

Offensive Zone Play

Passing

That was tough to watch after the first period. It was like watching a Wild game in the 0-6 stretch.

Think of it this way, two of the very best hockey teams on the entire planet played a hockey game today, both defenses and goaltenders where at the top of their game. One team overall was slightly better but both were dangerous and could have won. In the end a deflection off a stick in the middle of the game won it all.

No shame in that at all, we gave it our all but it didn't happen today. One bounce could have changed everything, we lost to the better team today, just hope we get to see this again some day. Not sounding good for NHL players in future Olympics.